Educational

Author Topic: Useless Personal Trivia  (Read 51834 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Useless Personal Trivia
« Reply #2880 on: July 10, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
^I have something like that too.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2881 on: July 10, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
I never took a bus to get to school,  starting in grade 6  it was just under a two mile walk
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2882 on: July 11, 2014, 05:46:34 AM »
I never took a bus to get to school,  starting in grade 6  it was just under a two mile walk

Uphill, in the snow. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2883 on: July 11, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »

Uphill, in the snow. :P

I could never claim that one I moved to Florida the beginning  of grade 6, so  I'll go with in the tropical down pours and lightning storms.  It never snowed while I lived there  and I knew people who had never seen snow in person

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2884 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:52 AM »
I could never claim that one I moved to Florida the beginning  of grade 6, so  I'll go with in the tropical down pours and lightning storms.  It never snowed while I lived there  and I knew people who had never seen snow in person

I could live with that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2885 on: July 12, 2014, 04:03:04 AM »
I'm kinda addicted to this simple game: http://www.funny-games.co.uk/game/star_defender.html

Play it at least once a day (still).

Funny thing is that I played this game on a arcade machine in a local Chinese take-away restaurant (in Hoevelaken) when I was 10 years old, I suppose. No kidd ya. We, some childhood friend and me, didn't go to the take-away restaurant's waiting room to order any food but went there just to play that game. A lot of my kiddo pocket-money went into that machine.

Lost track of the game for decades to coincidently bump into it a few years ago.

Guess you could say that 'Star Defender' is part of my fibre.. in a way.   

("
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2886 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »

I could live with that.

Move to Florida. :arrr: You'll learn to like Lynyrd Skynyrd. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2887 on: July 12, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »

I could live with that.

I couldn't that's why I'm back in Ct.  My mother and one of my sisters still live there along with some cousins who hate the cold though.  I had always wanted to move further North myself and when I first got married we looked into it but the job situation wasn't so good where we wanted to go(Maine or New Hampshire)

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2888 on: July 15, 2014, 03:07:56 AM »

I could live with that.

I couldn't that's why I'm back in Ct.  My mother and one of my sisters still live there along with some cousins who hate the cold though.  I had always wanted to move further North myself and when I first got married we looked into it but the job situation wasn't so good where we wanted to go(Maine or New Hampshire)

You like the snow? :-\

That's what I'd rather be without. I've had my share and more.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2889 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:37 AM »
I hate the cold, but I'd LOVE to go over to montana. Cold or not, I could live with it, if I had the company of the truly amazing, lovely, sweet lady I'm lucky to be blessed with for a stalker.

That said, I'm crazy enough for her enough that I'd throw myself into the path of an oncoming stabbing if it were aimed at her or her kids, without even thinking about it, other  than 'whats the most practical way to do this, and ensure that I preferably live, and if I do not survive; then at least manage to keep going long enough to exterminate any assailants; with a girl I ADORE enough to willingly give my life for if she everneeded it, or even if it accomplished no more than to bring her happiness (not that my death would, she cares about me. I WOULD die for her, or the family members she has that she cares about, her 3 kids, now grown, I make every effort not to do so, but rather, to LIVE to glorify her existence upon this planet) then I don't think cold weather really comes very high up on the list of issues 
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2890 on: July 15, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »

I could live with that.

You like the snow? :-\

That's what I'd rather be without. I've had my share and more.

Yes I do like the snow and even the cold to a point, I hate the heat and humidity of summer

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2891 on: July 15, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »
Ugh! yes, me too parts. Especially when it decides to have a heatwave during the daytime, and be all revoltingly stuffy, cloying, warm and muggy at night. Makes me sleep absolutely rottenly if I get any sleep at all. Generally the only way I can sleep on nights like that, is if I dope myself up to the eyeballs with a generous selection of articles from my stash, as well as give myself a good spray down with voltarol diclofenac spray all over my left hip and knee.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2892 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
 I work outside all year even when its  bitter cold, then you can just put on more layers, in the summer heat you can only take off so much and even then it doesn't make a lot of difference.  In the summer I keep the AC on in the van on high almost all the time to the point people complain it's too cold :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2893 on: July 20, 2014, 03:38:02 AM »
Lestat - do you use a fan at night when it is hot? It was the only way I could get through last summer's hot nights.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2894 on: July 20, 2014, 04:16:55 AM »
I left a post it on the door outside yesterday. To tell the postie to knock on my door, so that I could hand him a popsicle.

When I was a postie, with temperatures over 30ºC I would wet my head every time I parked my bicycle, and I'd drink some water then too. That way doing the job was very doable. And an occasional glass of water or popsicle offered always helped too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!