Author Topic: Got arrested yesterday!  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Got arrested yesterday!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
I tend to look at both sides here:

Trigger11 is a self-confessed anal-retentive, so his over-morality and over-adherence to speed limits etc. WILL piss off a fair few people. Even though the guy giving abuse may be an arsehole, it was most likely caused by trigger11's urge to drive slow.

Policemen are usually bored fuckers, especially if they're in a quiet spot. Just because they've the power of authority does not mean they're instantly true and just. As they are human, they are suspectible to the same human nature as the rest of us. This guy making up bullshit as an excuse to arrest is an example of that.

Where does Trigger say he is anal attentive?

Adherence to speed limits doesn't mean that people deserve to be abused. And the limits in a car park are understandable, given that small children and pedestrians are in the vicinity.

OMFG I just realised I wrote 'anal attentive'.... :LMAO:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »

Trigger11 is a self-confessed anal-retentive, so his over-morality and over-adherence to speed limits etc. WILL piss off a fair few people. Even though the guy giving abuse may be an arsehole, it was most likely caused by trigger11's urge to drive slow.

Policemen are usually bored fuckers, especially if they're in a quiet spot. Just because they've the power of authority does not mean they're instantly true and just. As they are human, they are suspectible to the same human nature as the rest of us. This guy making up bullshit as an excuse to arrest is an example of that.

Adherence to speed limits doesn't mean that people deserve to be abused. And the limits in a car park are understandable, given that small children and pedestrians are in the vicinity.

Aha! Where did THAT come from?  :evillaugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »

I think it snuck up on her from behind. :evillaugh:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »

I think it snuck up on her from behind. :evillaugh:

:plus:  Weakling, you are OFFICIALLY too much!  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
Re:  Trigger's slow driving-  I agree that slow drivers are irritating as fuck to some drivers, but that's not an excuse for speed demons to verbally or physically assault them.  If you're stuck behind someone who's driving too slowly, suck it up, or swear at them from inside your car with the windows rolled up.  Going beyond that is pretty much retarded and pointless, and will make you even later than you already are, if you are.

As a side note, I usually don't assume that slow drivers are adhering to the law because thye're interpreting it too literally.  I usually check for gray hair, and if that isn't present, assume they're probably drunk and/or high and don't want to get pulled over because they know they'll be in deep shit if they are.   :laugh:

Re:  Trigger's original post:  Get legal representation.  The charge sounds absolutely bogus, but you can't trust that the legal system will act in a sane manner.  Shit, you can't trust that the legal system will act in a legal manner.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »
Where is he, anyway? Maybe he's been arrested again?!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
Cops are stupid.

P7PSP

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Cops are stupid.

Usually they are not stupid. Some of them are irritating fucking megalomaniacs but very few of them are stupid IMO.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
As my father advised me, "Do what the cop says.  You can always sue the bastards later."  And he was an auxiliary (voluntary) policeman for about 10 years.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »
As my father advised me, "Do what the cop says.  You can always sue the bastards later."  And he was an auxiliary (voluntary) policeman for about 10 years.

Good advise hard sometimes but it works :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
So have the charges been dropped Trigger?

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Well, as an update, I went to court and asked if I could sit outside the courtroom, because you aren't allowed to wear hats and sunglasses and my light sensitivity just exacerbates my anxiety, as any of my sensory issues would. They complied and took my name down and said they would come get me when it was my time. Almost 7 hours later, I went back in and at a recess I asked if they were going to call me. Apparently they forgot I was outside and I was found guilty in absentia. The other bailiff was cool and went back to talk to the judge, so when the recess was over he called me up and we talked about the issue. He couldn't judge on the charges because the deputy was long gone, so he gave me a continuance until 29 September 2010.

To summarize, it was cool they were understanding of my issues, but then again they forgot all about me and I sat there all day with no sense of time because I left my phone in my car and there was no clock. I literally sat on a hard bench and never got up the whole time. Ultimately, the judge seems to be pretty reasonable, so I am confident when I return that I can reason with him. I have a clean record, so I am not a menace to society...yet! ;p
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »
Well, as an update, I went to court and asked if I could sit outside the courtroom, because you aren't allowed to wear hats and sunglasses and my light sensitivity just exacerbates my anxiety, as any of my sensory issues would. They complied and took my name down and said they would come get me when it was my time. Almost 7 hours later, I went back in and at a recess I asked if they were going to call me. Apparently they forgot I was outside and I was found guilty in absentia. The other bailiff was cool and went back to talk to the judge, so when the recess was over he called me up and we talked about the issue. He couldn't judge on the charges because the deputy was long gone, so he gave me a continuance until 29 September 2010.

To summarize, it was cool they were understanding of my issues, but then again they forgot all about me and I sat there all day with no sense of time because I left my phone in my car and there was no clock. I literally sat on a hard bench and never got up the whole time. Ultimately, the judge seems to be pretty reasonable, so I am confident when I return that I can reason with him. I have a clean record, so I am not a menace to society...yet! ;p

Seems like a stupid waste of everybody's time.

P7PSP

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »

Be sure to be in Court next time. Affronting a Judge's ego is a big deal.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
I'm sure your constant need to drive at 10mph pissed him off.

I actually have a bit of a lead foot and speed, but not excessively, on highways and interstates. I do, however, take 35 mph and less zones very literally as they are so low for the reasons of pedestrians and, more importantly, kids.

To more thoroughly explain what happened, I cam around a bend and was in the merge lane. He was on the road I was merging onto, and he had the right of way. I came around the bend at the speed limit of 45 mph and found myself dead even with him. I had a car in front of, who merged in front of this guy, and a car behind me, whom I lost sight of coming around the bend. I could not speed up to merge in front of him, as there was not enough acceleration lane to do so and it would have been dick of me anyway. I couldn't do a hard slowdown to get behind him, because of that car behind me. I had a couple of seconds of lane left at that speed and put my car in neutral and naturally slowed down to let the guy get ahead of me, but not screw the car behind me, who may or may not be trying to speed up for the merge. I merged behind the guy at the very end of the merge lane, with about five feet between us. I continued to slow down as I merged, so as to put distance between us and not be tailgating. As I did so, I realized the left lane was completely clear, so I put my signal on and safely merged into the left lane, where I could accelerate back up to the speed limit and passed the guy. As I passed him he flipped me off and said, "Fuck you asshole!" He then followed me into the parking lot, parked near me, and continued to yell at me, including the threats of kicking my ass.

I can only guess that he was set off by one or both of the following:

1) I came around the bend in the merge lane and was right alongside of him for a couple of seconds.

2) By slowly merging over at the end of the lane, I cut the distance close from my front end and his bumper.

As a physicist and mathematician, I calculated everything precisely in my mind to do as safe a merge as possible, given all of the variables. I still had to worry about the car behind me  that was momentarily out of my rearview mirror. I didn't have time to relocate that car, so I chose the easing off the gas and going into neutral method, rather than a quicker application of the brakes. You'd have to ask him, but he must have thought this was offensive in some way.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:43:16 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems