Educational

Author Topic: Drug war losing momentum?  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Drug war losing momentum?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
Pot is pretty damn close to being legal in Canada. If you get caught a with a small amount on you, as long as it's not enough to sell, you can't be arrested. At least in Ontario.

The vote to legalize it here in California is too close to call.  :-\

I would love to see it pass not so much that I want to go out and smoke it but because of the annoyance it will be to the cluster fuck called the federal government.  It would be nice to have a state put them in their place :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
The vote to legalize it here in California is too close to call.  :-\

I would love to see it pass not so much that I want to go out and smoke it but because of the annoyance it will be to the cluster fuck called the federal government.  It would be nice to have a state put them in their place :2thumbsup:

Yeah, I just wish it was a state besides the Kalifornia Peoples Republik. :soapbox:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Have you seen The Union: The Business Behind Getting High? It's about the pot business in British Columbia. It's on my list of movies to watch. I'm going to watch it this weekend on netflix.

http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
My partner pandora said she raised this same concern about this bullshit on WP, and got a mouthful of fucking abuse for it. Are you going to give her the same shit as well? Eh Vodz? As I said before, what is the fascination amongst people who take these ILLEGAL substances? Do these cunts really have that much of a deathwish? Fuck, if we have that many losers in society, maybe we need a rethink of thinning the herds.

At least I can say that when I reach 80, I'll still be able to remember this place. All you drug taking 'tards won't even get there to HAVE any fucking memories.

I would not say people who smoke pot are losers or 'tards it's pretty much illegal because of the same moral chest thumping that brought us alcohol prohibition in the states not so much because of danger.  If you were in the states in the 1920's you could have smoked a joint but would have been arrested for drinking a beer then you would have been on the wrong side of the law. 

I think you're wasting your breath by making this point. TCO is a Stalinist by nature and feels that anyone who defies the State's [Eric Cartman]authoriteye[/Eric Cartman] deserves to be crushed.

Only a half stoned, half pissed lemon like you could come out with a shitty comment like that. But that's typical of the libertarian movement; all fucking talk, and not one collective braincell between the lot. They make the hippies of 1967 look like right wing Conservatives.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 07:12:44 AM »
My partner pandora said she raised this same concern about this bullshit on WP, and got a mouthful of fucking abuse for it. Are you going to give her the same shit as well? Eh Vodz? As I said before, what is the fascination amongst people who take these ILLEGAL substances? Do these cunts really have that much of a deathwish? Fuck, if we have that many losers in society, maybe we need a rethink of thinning the herds.

At least I can say that when I reach 80, I'll still be able to remember this place. All you drug taking 'tards won't even get there to HAVE any fucking memories.

I would not say people who smoke pot are losers or 'tards it's pretty much illegal because of the same moral chest thumping that brought us alcohol prohibition in the states not so much because of danger.  If you were in the states in the 1920's you could have smoked a joint but would have been arrested for drinking a beer then you would have been on the wrong side of the law. 

I think you're wasting your breath by making this point. TCO is a Stalinist by nature and feels that anyone who defies the State's [Eric Cartman]authoriteye[/Eric Cartman] deserves to be crushed.

Only a half stoned, half pissed lemon like you could come out with a shitty comment like that. But that's typical of the libertarian movement; all fucking talk, and not one collective braincell between the lot. They make the hippies of 1967 look like right wing Conservatives.

You sad sad victim of propaganda.

I think experiencing drugs is an eye opening experience. I don't suggest making them into a habit, but trying the ones with mind altering effects once or twice shouldn't be considered a crime in my opinion. Life has a lot to offer, and these experiences are portions of it.

:agreed:

This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »

I think experiencing drugs is an eye opening experience. I don't suggest making them into a habit, but trying the ones with mind altering effects once or twice shouldn't be considered a crime in my opinion. Life has a lot to offer, and these experiences are portions of it.

Well, better than being a stoned fucking idiot who can't remember which shoe to put on after a couple of joints.

Fuck, the more these cunts kill themselves with this shit, the funnier it gets.

Imagine being a morgue attendant: Another drug death. Just throw it over in the corner. We're doing mass burials for these 'tards now. Can't cremate them, cos we can't stand the risk of the rest of the country getting stoned.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »

Well, better than being a stoned fucking idiot who can't remember which shoe to put on after a couple of joints.

Imagine being a morgue attendant: Another drug death. Just throw it over in the corner. We're doing mass burials for these 'tards now. Can't cremate them, cos we can't stand the risk of the rest of the country getting stoned.

By far more people die from alcoholism than by illegal drugs

George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »

By far more people die from alcoholism than by illegal drugs

True, but alcohol is LEGAL, and therefore the stigma is nowhere near as bad. People also die from smoking, car crashes, heart attacks, cancer; but illicit drugs are the thing that could be avoided far more easily.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
  I no people who died smoking pot but many from alcoholism Dead is DEAD.  Pot here at least has lost most of the illegal stigma just waiting for the laws to catch up.  People can indulge in alcohol without being an alcoholic just as people can smoke without being addicted it's the ones that go over board that have the problems in general with most things.

George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
  I no people who died smoking pot but many from alcoholism Dead is DEAD.  Pot here at least has lost most of the illegal stigma just waiting for the laws to catch up.  People can indulge in alcohol without being an alcoholic just as people can smoke without being addicted it's the ones that go over board that have the problems in general with most things.

Physical addiction to pot isn't possible AFAIK. It's also impossible to overdose on THC.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 09:47:22 PM »
Heroin? LSD? ICE? Crack? Cocaine? Meth?

Pot is the start, the other addictions and deaths follow. Chain reaction. At least the only thing alcohol fucks up is the liver (unless you are like Janis Joplin, John Bonham or Bon Scott). Alcohol doesn't kill as quckly as the above drugs, and the fact that the cunts in the drug 'industry' don't care what their 'clients' are sticking into themselves, means drug deaths are more frequent. Numbers are there for anyone to compare.

Scrapheap

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »

Pot is the start, the other addictions and deaths follow.

Slippery slope fallacy of logic

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »

Yeah, you've been on it since you were born. It was called your mother's cunt.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

Ad hominem

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »

Ad hominem

Scrapheap's ringtone: