Educational

Author Topic: Drug war losing momentum?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: Drug war losing momentum?
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
Yeah I do have to agree that LSD isn't in the same ballpark as Cocaine, Meth, Heroin etc.

May not kill, but it can fuck you up pretty bad. One of the side effects is hallunations and delusions of being Superman or some such. plenty of cases were reported of people 'tripping' on acid actually jumping off buildings thinking they could fly.

I take LSD regularly pricisely for the hallucinogenic properties. Never thoguht I could fly. There are a handful of cases of people jumping from buildings, but I'm sure many many many more people have jumped or fallen from great heights whilst drunk.

Stop exagerating. Provide sources for your mis-information. Or please, GTFO.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Yeah I do have to agree that LSD isn't in the same ballpark as Cocaine, Meth, Heroin etc.

May not kill, but it can fuck you up pretty bad. One of the side effects is hallunations and delusions of being Superman or some such. plenty of cases were reported of people 'tripping' on acid actually jumping off buildings thinking they could fly.

I take LSD regularly pricisely for the hallucinogenic properties. Never thoguht I could fly. There are a handful of cases of people jumping from buildings, but I'm sure many many many more people have jumped or fallen from great heights whilst drunk.

No. Not happy? Stiff shit.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »

Debate and winning one is about backing up your sources
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »

I don't really care. I'm not attacking you, I'm not advocating drug use, I'm defending what should be a personal freedom.

Have a nice day, TROLL  :mushie:

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
Fuck of cunt

Scrapheap

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »

:agreed:

I did a lot of acid in high school and never once thought I could defy the laws of physics. I just saw a lot of muti-colored patterns that were swirling around and spining off more colors. Other than that, acid just gives you the giggles and you feel like an uber happy kid.

TCO is just parroting government propoganda because he's ignorant as all fuck, and a Stalinist cool-aide drinker.

Scrapheap

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »
Fuck of cunt

no,no,no YOU fuck off, CUNT!!

oh, and it's "off" not "of" you illiterate fuck!!  ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2010, 02:32:54 AM »
I have a distant cousin who is in a wheelchair wearing diapers because he and his brother tried some LSD on a dare when they were teenagers.  I was just a kid when I met him but maybe there was something wrong with it because his brother died and he wound up like that. 

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2010, 02:42:37 AM »
Very interesting videos, Peter.

In Colorado, I think they are changing the laws regarding marijuana dispensaries so that convicted felons can't run them anymore, which will take out about a fourth of them.  I think that is unfortunate because it seems to me that the people who would be inclined to run a pot shop would be more likely than the general population to have a prior conviction for marijuana possession.

I have never used marijuana in my life, but I voted to allow the medical use of marijuana for people who need it.

I also thnk our current "war on drugs" is stupid, however, I wonder how many of the 1.8 million drug arrests are for using marijuana at home as opposed to somethng harder than marijuana such as making and using meth, which does injure others.

Pot isn't even really a drug, you smoke it and laugh a bit then eat a bag of chips and pass out on the couch. as far as the war on drugs is concerned i agree with you, they should be spending more time against harder drugs. how ever i think pot should be 100% legalized and the entire revenue should be sent to hardcore stuff like crystal and love [crystal meth and ecstasy]

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Scrapheap

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
I have a distant cousin who is in a wheelchair wearing diapers because he and his brother tried some LSD on a dare when they were teenagers.  I was just a kid when I met him but maybe there was something wrong with it because his brother died and he wound up like that. 

It most likely wasn't LSD, it was some kind of poison that did that. LSD does make your back (spine) hurt a little, but it's a very dull, barely noticable pain.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »
And you have to know your source. You can buy bad shit that is laced with something else if you're not careful.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

That's part of the problem with illegal lab drugs they are made by criminals.  Make things with the wrong chemicals or not purify it right these things happen it's not like you can report them to the FDA and they are not likely to throw out a bad batch

George Bernard Shaw

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2010, 05:08:33 AM »
So if production of drugs is regulated, the risk of death from other substances is greatly reduced.

Another :plus: for lagalisation!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
Here's a timely article given the discussion at hand:

Alcohol more lethal than heroin, cocaine

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/101031/health/health_eu_med_dangerous_alcohol

Sun Oct 31, 8:02 PM

By Maria Cheng, The Associated Press
ADVERTISEMENT

LONDON - Alcohol is more dangerous than illegal drugs like heroin and crack cocaine, according to a new study.

British experts evaluated substances including alcohol, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and marijuana, ranking them based on how destructive they are to the individual who takes them and to society as a whole.

Researchers analyzed how addictive a drug is and how it harms the human body, in addition to other criteria like environmental damage caused by the drug, its role in breaking up families and its economic costs, such as health care, social services, and prison.

Heroin, crack cocaine and methamphetamine, or crystal meth, were the most lethal to individuals. When considering their wider social effects, alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine were the deadliest. But overall, alcohol outranked all other substances, followed by heroin and crack cocaine. Marijuana, ecstasy and LSD scored far lower.

The study was paid for by Britain's Centre for Crime and Justice Studies and was published online Monday in the medical journal, Lancet.

Experts said alcohol scored so high because it is so widely used and has devastating consequences not only for drinkers but for those around them.

"Just think about what happens (with alcohol) at every football game," said Wim van den Brink, a professor of psychiatry and addiction at the University of Amsterdam. He was not linked to the study and co-authored a commentary in the Lancet.

When drunk in excess, alcohol damages nearly all organ systems. It is also connected to higher death rates and is involved in a greater percentage of crime than most other drugs, including heroin.

But experts said it would be impractical and incorrect to outlaw alcohol.

"We cannot return to the days of prohibition," said Leslie King, an adviser to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and one of the study's authors. "Alcohol is too embedded in our culture and it won't go away."

King said countries should target problem drinkers, not the vast majority of people who indulge in a drink or two. He said governments should consider more education programs and raising the price of alcohol so it isn't as widely available.

Experts said the study should prompt countries to reconsider how they classify drugs. For example, last year in Britain, the government increased its penalties for the possession of marijuana. One of its senior advisers, David Nutt — the lead author on the Lancet study — was fired after he criticized the British decision.

"What governments decide is illegal is not always based on science," said van den Brink. He said considerations about revenue and taxation, like those garnered from the alcohol and tobacco industries, may influence decisions about which substances to regulate or outlaw.

"Drugs that are legal cause at least as much damage, if not more, than drugs that are illicit," he said.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
I saw that today also and was going to post it :thumbup:

George Bernard Shaw