Start here > What's your crime? Basic Discussion

What is this genre?

(1/2) > >>

Nomaken:
I tried using that website that takes 3 movies you like and it recommends other movies you might like, and it totally missed the unifying quality of the 3 movies I picked.

Here is a small list of the movies I like for the same reasons, the 3 movies are in there somewhere, it is in no particular order.  Anybody know of any other movies which might have the same theme?

The Iron Giant
Any episode of star trek about data
Bicentenial man
Animatrix
Hellboy
Short circuit 1,2
Frankenstein
Pinnochio
Terminator 2
Beauty and the beast
Powder
A.I.

There are a lot of robot movies in there, but that isn't really the point.  It just so happens that most of the movies that fit the theme have a robot as a main character.

duncvis:
I don't see a unifying genre, but the theme running through all is a character who is not entirely human, with varying emphasis.

El:
Have you seen K-Pax?  I don't remember the entirety of it but it's quite watchable.

I myself am all into movies about mental illness.  (K-Pax either is or isn't, I don't remember which and even if I did it would be a spoiler.  You should watch it either way.)  I don't mind if someone's human, but I can only really relate to characters who are fucked in the head.  ((No, I don't mean people who give blowjobs.  Though the two do seem to go hand-in-hand with movies about mentally ill female protagonists these days- ex. Prozac Nation, Girl Interrupted.))

El:
P.S.- what was the web site?

Tom/Mutate:
How about Blade Runner?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version