Author Topic: Aspie Stero stypes pissing me off!  (Read 570 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Aspie Stero stypes pissing me off!
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
The whole "eccentric artists/brilliant professor/indigo child thing makes me very repulsed.
Being an artist is my passion and people give thanks becuase of the Aspergers. It's not cause of that.
It also gives self-entailment

It's just becuase I got the luck of the draw and got creative genes from relatives. It's not becuase of "she has aspergers syndrome"

My family and friends  say I got an "intense personality that intimidates people" and guess what? thats Aspergers.
I got the lucky too becuase my mom has an intense dominating personality. Not trying to be self entitled just honest. and I'm honest
that i'm not a very nice person. I'm angry, impulsive, impatient ect. So I'm not full of myself saying these things.
OH and my anger is "she has aspergers syndrome"
Maybe it;s just becuase I'm an angry person.Maybe it's becuase my mom is angry person. Maybe it's just becuase obsessive compulsive and control freak behavior run in my family.

When I went to camp for special needs the majority of aspie girls were meek with their noses in Harry Potter books
and the guys were reciting family guy episodes. No Albert Einsteins and Thomas Edison's here. Fat lazy people. It's not there
fault it's usually there parents that push them hard them enough to avoid spaz fits.

This whole thing will raise the ego of an aspie to the point they cant point out flaws and see themselves
as a race of super-geniuses like Chris Chan. He's an Autie not an Aspie but he hates Aspies cause they
"take the limelight" so I call him an aspsie and he hates that.

Albert Einstein probably did have aspergers hearing his accounts but there wasn't any distractions like Pokemon and video games.
Just other things to learn facts about.
Trust me this stuff is like the ultimate apsie sin.  

>:D  Ha I'm the hypocrite playing Elder Scrolls right now. But in moderation. I play about an hour a day before it was about 14 hours a day.  :o

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:39:06 PM by Gluey »
Park.

P7PSP

Re: Aspie Stero stypes pissing me off!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Your Aspergers is showing Beatle Girl. Try breathing exercises.  :hahaha:

Osensitive1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:24:09 PM »
Einstein wasn't distracted by his own family, doubt pokemon would have been an issue.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:58 AM »
My mom is level 50 and has obsessive over trivial things attack.
Park.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 02:04:25 AM »
A lot of aspies are really artistic, I don't know if it's the A/S that causes that, or that so many of us are anti-social shut-ins that just have to find something to keep our minds occupied.  I shouldn't say "our" since I'm not artistic, I'm creative and clever, but nothing I'm good at has ever really been considered an art form.

One thing that annoys me every now and then is given the fact that the stereotype already says that aspies are typically artistic, from time to time (more often lately) I'll see news articles that say things like "this person suffers from a crippling disease known as Apsbergurs (they always spell it wrong) and against all odds, managed to create something beautiful".

I mean seriously, if you're gonna write an article on something, would it kill you to spend at least 8 seconds to read the wikipedia article?

Most of the people I know don't have the slightest idea, some may have guessed but nobody has asked.  In the case of the very few that I've told, I've learned to regret that.  One of the guys where I work, someone who I thought I could trust, upon me mentioning it, now takes every oppurtunity he can to call me a retard, but luckilly for me he's really fat and self-concious about it.  We'll be doing something that involves heavy lifting and he'll say something like "let's see that retard strength", and I'll come back with "let's see you do a pull-up" or "your arms may be thick, but fat don't count as muscle".  He usually gets kinda angry about that and says something like "hey, that's not funny, you told me you're retarded", to which I say something like "I said I have A/S, you're the fat bastard that called me a retard you fat fuck", and it usually just continues on in this order.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »
I hate the word Aspie. I don't understand why people use it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »
Albert Einstein probably did have aspergers hearing his accounts but there wasn't any distractions like Pokemon and video games.

:laugh:
:plus:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »

I use it because it's short, simple, and everyone on here knows what I'm referring to.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Ergo Proxy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
I'll see news articles that say things like "this person suffers from a crippling disease known as Apsbergurs (they always spell it wrong) and against all odds, managed to create something beautiful".

Yeah, I really do hate that phrase too. The mass media blows the weaknesses all out of proportion and make it seem like that we are incapable of doing much of anything.

The irony is the fact that the science has shown, for the past few decades, that things like music, art, and mathematics can be done with the greatest of ease among autistics in general. It is the NT's that struggle with the things that society takes for granted.

Although at least for me, I only have to deal with this stupidity on the mass media. But those bastards at Autistic Speaks are starting to make inroads into the college campuses; I remember once when I was walking in the campus center I saw a sorority set up a table to promote Autism Speaks. To spite them I just made a giant sign that said "Autism Speaks Don't Speak For Me!". Hilarity ensued when some of them actually tried to argue with me...

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 02:02:58 AM »

I don't get it either... But when I think about it, the word aspie does sound retarded, so it makes sense I guess. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 06:26:07 AM »
I generally don't care what people think of aspies, the word aspie or the condition in general. I'm generally apathethic of organizations like Autism Speaks, because I'd rather care about my own life than whinge and moan over silly groups that literally have no power. Seriously when you think of it, what does Autism Speaks do for you? Ultimately, absolutely nothing. Just ignore the bullshit and get the fuck over it, it's common practice for groups to spew bullshit (like PETA etc.) to win people over. That's how business works for most groups/charities.
The irony is the fact that the science has shown, for the past few decades, that things like music, art, and mathematics can be done with the greatest of ease among autistics in general. It is the NT's that struggle with the things that society takes for granted.

I don't think their condition instantly means they can do such things easier. I consider aspies to be the same as NTs mentally, but without the social skills. It's the lack of social skills that gives the impression that someone with AS is "retarded", or at least fairly nerdish.

And for savants, not all of them are autistic to begin with. :orly: