Author Topic: Suicidal Aspie's  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Suicidal Aspie's
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »
Unfortunately, I am at that stage where I am less afraid of dying than living. I need professional help and will seek it for real this week.
I'd rather live for a cause than die for it.

I hope you're going to be OK.

I think if it's partly about the huge stress of being the full-time caregiver for your wife, if it came down to a difficult choice, both you and she would be better off if you left her and stayed alive rather than you leaving her through dying.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »
Unfortunately, I am at that stage where I am less afraid of dying than living. I need professional help and will seek it for real this week.
I wish you well. I hope you get the help you need from good people.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 05:36:13 PM »

I hope you're going to be OK.

I think if it's partly about the huge stress of being the full-time caregiver for your wife, if it came down to a difficult choice, both you and she would be better off if you left her and stayed alive rather than you leaving her through dying.

Thanks. But it'snot that simple. Anyway, I'll get some help, stay off the drink and get on with my life.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »
:hug:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »

:agreed: Wish I could add something useful...
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »
I echo couldbecousin.  I haven't walked in your shoes so my advice would be superficial.  but you have my thoughts and prayers.

My great grandfather on my mom's side committted suicide (gun) in the 1900 decade.  While I don't know the details or even the broad picture of their lives I suspect it affected the family greatly.  He left 7 children and a wife in poverty.  Perhaps he was depressed that he couldn't care for them adequately.  I don't know.

I have seen first hand the effect that a parent's death leaves on a child.  My mom's dad was murdered when she was 3.  I don't think she ever recovered from that, nor did her mother.  I am trying to break the inherited cycle of loss with my own family.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
Thanks. it's just awhole bunch of shit: no job, recovering alcoholic, and now broke. Not a good combo--don't recommend it. :P Feel OK ATM--got some work done and am eating.  :devour:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 02:43:45 AM »
I realise the world is shit, humans are shit and that my life is more likely that it's not going anywhere. Strangely enough I'm far from suicidal.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 03:47:32 AM »
Thanks. it's just awhole bunch of shit: no job, recovering alcoholic, and now broke. Not a good combo--don't recommend it. :P Feel OK ATM--got some work done and am eating.  :devour:

I'm glad you are in recovery from the alcoholism, and I highly recommend eating and getting some work done, those have helped me as well.
You're doing the best you can... :viking:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 03:49:39 AM »
I realise the world is shit, humans are shit and that my life is more likely that it's not going anywhere. Strangely enough I'm far from suicidal.

As long as you can find your own corner of the world that isn't shit, and a few humans who bring you some happiness, I guess it isn't so bad. :chin:

People forget.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 04:09:35 AM »
Easier said than done, but I'm not even depressed because of that either. :P

I suppose my curiosity of what makes people and society tick keeps me going.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 06:00:29 AM »
I realise life is shit but don't think I'm depressed anymore. I have my bad days but I think everyone has them

I think it can actually help. to realise that life is shit regardless. It makes you appreciate the things that make it bearable more than you would do if you were constantly trying to reach some level of happiness that was virtually impossible to reach. I know I'm never gonna have the perfect life , so I try and make do with what I do have

richard

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
dying is painful. even while asleep im shure its excrushiating pain like worlds tearing apart :(

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
I realise life is shit but don't think I'm depressed anymore. I have my bad days but I think everyone has them

I think it can actually help. to realise that life is shit regardless. It makes you appreciate the things that make it bearable more than you would do if you were constantly trying to reach some level of happiness that was virtually impossible to reach. I know I'm never gonna have the perfect life , so I try and make do with what I do have

Yes Soph. This is likely the wisest thing I have seen you write. I was a lot older than you before I drew the same conclusion. Great post :plus:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap