Author Topic: what's everybody's favourite sweets?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: what's everybody's favourite sweets?
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
Cadbury's is overrated. Always was.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »

Agreed.  They had a slippery feel to them and the flavours always seemed artificial.

Edit - it may be more of a waxy feel.  I haven't had one in years so my memory is a little fuzzy, just like Gary Gopher's tongue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:26:08 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »
Cadbury's is the only chocolate I can eat a lot of.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2016, 11:28:39 PM »
Cadbury's ain't even chocolate, renneh, its dog muck with artificial sweeteners. The flake bars are the only stuff of theirs I can enjoy. I like to get a flake, whilst its in its packet stamp on it with my boot to crush it to powder then open it and pour the powdered flakey chocolate down my neck.

But REAL chocolate is at a minimum 85% cocoa, good chocolate is 95%. Proper good decent dark chocolate.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2016, 04:04:49 AM »
Yeh, Cadburys is rubbish now. Admittedly it was never that great, but compared to now, it wasn't that bad.

Lindt is rich, but good. Hotel Chocolat is really overrated. Belgian chocolate is the best. I had some when I was in Belgium, I wouldn't recommend the place as a holiday to anyone though.
:dog:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
There's not much choice for chocolate in the supermarkets here. Cadbury, Lindt, Nestle or Cadbury. Take your pick :P

The best chocolate I've had was Haigh's. They have a shop in the Queen Victoria Building (yes, you have your own building) in Sydney.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »
There's not much choice for chocolate in the supermarkets here. Cadbury, Lindt, Nestle or Cadbury. Take your pick :P

The best chocolate I've had was Haigh's. They have a shop in the Queen Victoria Building (yes, you have your own building) in Sydney.

I've got some falls in Africa,  I think
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »
Hershey everywhere here. I have never toured their chocolate factory...but I'm thinking it wouldn't be a good idea.

Love Kit Kats...it seems I'm not alone either.

MANHATTAN, Ks. —

A Kansas college student gave away thousands of candy bars on his campus this week after a thief broke into his car and stole his Kit Kat.

According to the Topeka Capital-Journal, Hunter Jobbins, a 19-year-old freshman at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, tweeted about how someone stole a Kit Kat bar from the cup holder in his car on Sunday.

Jobbins told reporters that he left his car unlocked for a few moments while he carried his laundry to his dorm room.

When he returned to his car, Jobbins found a handwritten note on a napkin where the candy bar had been.

The note read: “Saw Kit Kat in your cup holder. I love Kit Kats so I checked your door and it was unlocked. Did not take anything other than the Kit Kat. I am sorry and hungry.”

The tweet went viral and it didn’t take long for Kit Kat representatives to take note of the free publicity they were getting from Jobbins’ misfortune.

Hershey sent 6,500 Kit Kats to Manhattan. The candy bars were stuffed into Jobbins’ Toyota Camry.

Jobbins shared the candy bars with other students on campus.

http://www.wtae.com/article/kit-kat-thief-1478231630/8172367

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2016, 05:20:30 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about Darrell Lea chocolates. I remember when they used to be pretty boutique, now they're in supermarkets.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2016, 05:26:18 AM »

Cadbury eggs are disgusting!  Best Easter eggs EVER were the Fannie Farmer dark chocolate
   buttercream eggs.  Deep dark chocolate shell, rich buttercream center, sweet decadence.  :pinkbeat:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2016, 08:42:13 AM »
Icequeen, in Japan they bake KitKats. They taste REALLY GOOD baked. They go like a crispy biscuit/cookie. They even have "bakeable" KitKats over there, but really you can bake any of them. The bakeable ones just hold together slightly more.

I love Cadbury Creme Eggs, I can't eat them anymore cos they contain egg.  :-\

How do you leave karma on here?
:dog:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »
Icequeen, in Japan they bake KitKats. They taste REALLY GOOD baked. They go like a crispy biscuit/cookie. They even have "bakeable" KitKats over there, but really you can bake any of them. The bakeable ones just hold together slightly more.

Left of every post in the info on the poster, you see below the karma number a [yay] and a [nay]. Click one of them for positive or negative karma. You then get a field to fill in the reason for the karma. If you can't be bothered to tell the reason, just leave a + or a -.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »

Left of every post in the info on the poster, you see below the karma number a [yay] and a [nay]. Click one of them for positive or negative karma. You then get a field to fill in the reason for the karma. If you can't be bothered to tell the reason, just leave a + or a -.

Yay and ghey. :M

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2016, 03:00:09 PM »
Avoid lindt, they are a dirty fucking pack of filthy breedtraitors; because they got in with AutismSqueaks and started massaging their fucking neurotypical arseholes, got an ad-campaign-shaped finger covered in propaganda-'chocolate' from tickling the collective prostates of AutSqueaks.

Chocolate derived from a chocolate starfish, that is.

Fucking breed-traitor scumsucking Theresa-Maysturbators and breed traitors ran a filthy fucking ad campaign and fundraiser for those cumguzzling pizdasvinya, I used to eat those lindt chocolate eggs with the bits of stuff like rice crispies inside, now I can't have them, because to buy them would be to put money in the wallets of those filthy breed-traitor autism bastard speaks pigfucking whoresons of brotherfuckers.

May the toxic little scrawny shrub that is AutSqueaks never grow into a tree, and instead, be slowly poisoned to death by the venom dripping from its own un-ripened toxic fruit, wither and die, for the withered twigs to be first urinated and shat upon by passing animals then collected and burnt for firewood.  The monkeyfuckist cockmongrel monsterbators. Like the sickly, putrescent deliquesced diarrheoeal offal explosively defaecated forth by a sewer rat dying of ebola having it's parasite-riddled abdomen slowly crushed between the jaws of a large vice, first anally and orally voiding its intestinal contents of shite, then its ebola virus-liquified internal organs through its arsehole before finally, having its pus-filled carcass popped like a blood-engorged tick, full of blackened semidigested blood from a diseased host, whilst it is held down with a stick and subjected to a the flame from a cigarette lighter.

Fucking bunch of ambulant bipedal abscesses masquerading as human meat-sacks. And fuck that cunt that went to work for them who got struck off, the so-called scientist, forgot his name now jat got struck off from the  UK only to slither off on it's slime-trail over to the US to beg for scraps of jizz from the collected feculent, foeted cheese-encrusted cockends of AutSqueaks.

What's that cunt's name again, the lying, science-perverting, science-slandering child-killing-by-proxy, son of a thousand crack whores who was involved in that awful vaccine scare? Can't remember the name of the pestilent babybutcher in question. May he be take strychnine until he ends up snapping his spinal column in order to suffocate upon his own penile malformation by force, rather than the usual choice made by said empire of demagogic masturbator-dom made flesh, piss for blood, bone and stagnant, seeping, pus-filled foetid cerebral abscess in lieu of a brain. And total bastard to boot.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2016, 09:12:47 PM »

I don't know if my tastes are changing or if the manufacturers are using different ingredients, but it seems more and more candy and soda companies are using artificial sweeteners. I find it unpalatable, tastes like plastic to me.

That said, I would punch a puppy right in the face for some of these Australian treats: