Author Topic: Ungrateful I Know  (Read 1006 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Ungrateful I Know
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 11:10:23 PM »
i always love to read the pride in a parents post!
Misunderstood.

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »
Yes, I have almost always been able to understand her, even when others could not.  No matter how much I explained the purpose of the braces, she could not bear wearing them all night.  I even tried sneaking into her room after she fell asleep and putting them on her very carefully, but she would wake up and take them off a little later.  She has always been a little Houdini.  She nearly drove us crazy stripping off all her clothes and her diaper when she was a baby.  Every time I thought I had outsmarted her in the quest to keep her diapered, she would figure out another way to strip.  She could undo diaper pins at eight months old, and she could slip her whole body through the neck of a turtleneck bodyshirt.  It was worst when I put her to bed, because she would never go to sleep if I checked on her.  She finally got big enough to reason with and we made a deal:  She could sleep in just a diaper, but she needed to keep it on.

I think you must be a very good mother for your son as well.

She sounds absolutely adorable. I know, at the time, it's frustrating when you can't keep them dressed or diapered, but when you look back on things like that you have to smile at how ingenious kids can be.

I relate to children in ways that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to relate to another adult.  Their motivations make sense.  When I found out I was pregnant, a lot of people  encouraged me to put him up for adoption, because they weren't sure I could take care of him, but he and I understand each other.  Children are just amazing people.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 11:27:01 PM »

My son is 14

:o  blimey, aeval - i thought you were in your teens yourself..  i am gobsmacked, frankly.

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 11:30:05 PM »

My son is 14

:o  blimey, aeval - i thought you were in your teens yourself..  i am gobsmacked, frankly.

I'm 34, though people always tell me I am acting like a 3 year old.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 11:31:08 PM »
yeah, you seem/look a lot younger  :laugh:

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 01:45:34 PM »
maybe it was just some person, paying it forward.

I liked that movie, but I cried like a baby when the kid got stabbed at the end and they had all those candles for him.

:o I haven't finished the movie yet!
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 01:46:50 PM »
I think if it was me it would bug the hell out of me too trying to figure out why they did it. :laugh:

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 01:49:21 PM »
Obviously, if he had already left, he did not want anything from you and your mother.  He probably just wanted to be nice in his own way.

Aeval, when did your mom die?

That's a relief. Maybe I need to have a little more faith in humanity. Damn, this means I have to be nice to someone doesn't it?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »

That's a relief. Maybe I need to have a little more faith in humanity. Damn, this means I have to be nice to someone doesn't it?

meeeee!  be nice to meeeee!

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 02:39:13 PM »

You're too easy to be nice to. I need a challenge.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

You're too easy to be nice to. I need a challenge.

pah.  i can be really nasty to you, if you'd like...  :P

i know!  how about if you practise on me, cos that's easy (you're obviously barking), so you can get it absolutely right before you start on your challenge?  i know, i know - i'm all heart, me.  ;D

richard

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »
so if the waitress came over and said a woman payed for your meal you'd be freaked out too?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
lesbian!
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »
so if the waitress came over and said a woman payed for your meal you'd be freaked out too?

Yes.

richard

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »
Oh