Author Topic: No one gives a fuck if you don't like someone on another forum.  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: No one gives a fuck if you don't like someone on another forum.
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 04:44:36 AM »
No, just the ones she can score points with.

I wouldn't have thought that people would have to use false innocence to score point here. This place doesn't have those kinds of rules to get around.

Odeon makes a throwaway comment with no backup. Happy to understand exactly 'how' he thinks I want to 'score points'....I doubt I have any alliance or favouritism here for a particular member or members. Hence why I don't get into 'behind the back' PM's about topics, or karma points, without discussing a heated issue in a thread.

As for 'false innocence', I don't think that's the correct term, nor understanding. I will often read threads and think 'WTF'...approach the topic aggressively...to gain answers and an understanding....and my initial opinion or thoughts may be wrong.

Unlike most here, I can say when I was off base. There aren't many other members who admit that. Ever.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 05:57:05 AM »

I wouldn't have thought that people would have to use false innocence to score point here. This place doesn't have those kinds of rules to get around.

Odeon makes a throwaway comment with no backup. Happy to understand exactly 'how' he thinks I want to 'score points'....I doubt I have any alliance or favouritism here for a particular member or members. Hence why I don't get into 'behind the back' PM's about topics, or karma points, without discussing a heated issue in a thread.

As for 'false innocence', I don't think that's the correct term, nor understanding. I will often read threads and think 'WTF'...approach the topic aggressively...to gain answers and an understanding....and my initial opinion or thoughts may be wrong.

Unlike most here, I can say when I was off base. There aren't many other members who admit that. Ever.

Unlike "most" here? How do you know what "most" people here think or are motivated by or what their intentions are?
I never had much theory of mind and would not presume to know what most people think or whatever. I will ramble about such things inanely for post after post but their is that understanding that I MAY be off base completely. Doesn't make my believe or understanding inherently bad or wrong but I am open to be convinced by something that makes sense to me.
Glad to have someone like you here to learn from. You can help with your understanding of what others think and are motivated by.
(Or maybe your understanding of others included in your "most" may not be quite as adept as you believe it to be. Don't worry we are all spazzes here ;) )
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »

Unlike most here, I can say when I was off base.
There aren't many other members who admit that. Ever.

Unlike "most" here? How do you know what "most" people here think or are motivated by or what their intentions are?
I never had much theory of mind and would not presume to know what most people think or whatever. I will ramble about such things inanely for post after post but their is that understanding that I MAY be off base completely. Doesn't make my believe or understanding inherently bad or wrong but I am open to be convinced by something that makes sense to me.
Glad to have someone like you here to learn from. You can help with your understanding of what others think and are motivated by.
(Or maybe your understanding of others included in your "most" may not be quite as adept as you believe it to be. Don't worry we are all spazzes here ;) )

If you read what I wrote, I never presumed to know what people here think. In fact, you further prove why I do ask questions, is to understand better when I way be way off mark.

If you look at the sentence I bolded, I clearly state that I can admit when I am off base, others tend not to, from what I can see. That in it's simplest form, was my statement.

Hardly a reasoning for your comments about me presuming I know what people think. I may ask for clarification ad nauseum, but I do admit when I am off base.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:14 AM »
"Unlike Most here"

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

DukeNukem

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 06:27:12 AM »
"Unlike Most here"

SnooPINGAS usual I see?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 03:55:41 PM »
"Unlike Most here"

The 'Unlike Most Here', was referring to admitting when they are wrong or off track. It's not presuming to know what people think?

I don't see how you could interpret what I said into presuming to know what people think? An admission, is an admission?

The reason I do ask questions is to get over my initial presumptions, yes. But I do admit where I have misunderstood the intent etc of someone. Calling me out by saying that is playing innocent is actually presuming to know what I think.

Much the same way Odeon stated I look for points. He is wrong, but he's presumed he knows my intent.

Osensitive1

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
Have been poked fun at for asking questions that seem obvious to others. It comes with the territory of never quite knowing what the heck anyone really means. Who cares? Questions are good.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
When I read the
I thought it meant you tried to tell most of the people here are not able to tell when they are off base.

That's your observation. I could be insulted by it, I could take offence, I could disagree, I could even agree, or applaud you, but I thought it was your interpretation and your observation. And I let it be.

It did catch my eye. I was wondering who are all included in the "unlike most here", but could not be bothered the first time I read it.

Now I am curious though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:13:03 PM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Osensitive1

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »
Flowers automatically assume being unlike most, as they are unlike most. Have read cows do this too.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »
Flowers automatically assume being unlike most, as they are unlike most. Have read cows do this too.
Cow assumes some flowers are tasty.  :roses:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »

They had a problem with this were I lived in Florida there were some that were introduced that spread to the fields that were really piosonous
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »

They had a problem with this were I lived in Florida there were some that were introduced that spread to the fields that were really piosonous

Holy fuck! You have poisonous cows over there?  :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

Yes they can kill you from 100 meters  hundreds die every year in Florida but they don't publicize it as it would hurt the tourist business
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »
Oh my.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

Yes they can kill you from 100 meters  hundreds die every year in Florida but they don't publicize it as it would hurt the tourist business

Beef: It's what's NOT for dinner.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"