Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 107110 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7350 on: December 22, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »
Lestat, no, not recent. They happened in 2000 and 2003. No one was hurt in either one but my car was pretty badly damaged in the second one and I didn't get it back for a long time while it was being fixed. I had comprehensive car insurance then and didn't have to pay any excess which was good.

I've been on stimulants since 2004 and have not even been close to having a car crash since then.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7351 on: December 24, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »
Thank fucking hell for that hun.

And  glad you are on the tweak then!

I find I've got a lot in common with ADD, no 'H', and I  find amphetamine works well for the executive business, attention span, focus, at low doses, never really been hugely into it as a recreational too. It can be, but takes  a  fair bit to work that way for me, and when I have any around, I have lots, you know my interests Ren, and how they might assist in such a thing ;) so obviously, it makes  sense there are never tiny amounts around.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7352 on: December 25, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
Forgot to take my side effect med. I may need an alarm... I did take it just now, but its way late. Should've taken it in the morning.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7353 on: December 26, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »
Just have night meds to go in about half an hour.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7354 on: December 26, 2018, 10:05:29 AM »
Check.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7355 on: December 27, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »
The holidaze are definitely putting me in a daze. I forgot side effect med this AM. It's because my routine is altered to accomodate guests in the house.... *grumbles*

But I'm not terribly annoyed because my 3 yr old nephew is here ^_^. I just have to find a way to remember the meds....

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7356 on: December 28, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »
Sort of. There were some I left out due to their sedating character, I was expecting a telephone appointment with my doctor, at 12 (morning, obviously, not midnight, so I skipped morning seizure meds and another couple of meds that could knock me out. Turns out that I JUST talked to her, nearly 5pm! not been able to find the oxycodone part of my pain meds since xmas morning, when we had to clear a load of stuff out of the way, I've been going insane trying to find them, searching everywhere, and I MEAN...EVERYWHERE. Even in the bins, hell, even in the hazardous materials fridge, EVERYFUCKINGWHERE, coat pockets, coat linings, the works, no luck. Almost had no luck when I did get through, she wasn't going to do it at first, although relented enough to give me the 3 days coverage, possibly felt it'd be a shitty thing to do to someone on xmas, I know I'd find it a bit of a cuntish thing to do. Just as well, since I gave a mate of mine a text , to see if they could arrange anything, and I've not heard back from him. So chances are, he'd not have been able to get anything arranged for saturday since I'd have heard from him by now otherwise.

I'll have JUST enough meds to essentially, hibernate through the weekend, thanks to being given a few days worth, reluctantly, by the doc. Enough to make sure I don't end up with any horrid withdrawal effects, and make it so I can space the doses out much further than otherwise, by using sleeping pills for the next two days.

Did have (rough calculation as it involves a half-used shot made from filtered XR morphine capsule microspheres, that amounted to 110-120mg to begin with, not all comes out if that has to be done, so more water was added and they were left to extract into it all day. Then another 120mg morphine sulfate added, and the extraction water from the previous lot used this morning used for preparing the one I just had, now I know that I'm not going to have to use that bit of leftovers to allow getting through today/night and the 120 added tomorrow and then just be fucking miserable end of sat+sunday+sunday night.)

FINALLY took antiseizure meds, since now I don't need to wait for the doctor on the phone.

I'll still get some more insurance if my guy does ring me mind you, since I'll be shaving things mighty damn fine.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7357 on: December 28, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7358 on: December 30, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »
yes indeed.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7359 on: December 30, 2018, 09:13:39 PM »
Nope. Better take them now. Thanks for reminding me.

Edit: taken.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:16:15 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7360 on: December 31, 2018, 01:37:24 AM »
Got to pick up a refill in about half an hour.

Still have't found those missing pain meds, even chucked the contents of the outside trash can on a tent groundsheet to no avail. That's been a mighty damn close 24 hours, relying on taking a moderate dose of oxy yesterday morning, enough to allow a sleeping pill to knock me out as long as possible, then taking small incremental doses to just about remain within tolerable limits, along with another sleeping pill plus a glass of rum my old man decided to offer me from the bottle that formed part of his xmas gift, which got me a few hours of decent napping at least.

And a bit of improvized pharmacological tinkering, in order to cause my blood pressure to bottom out enough to knock me out, plus a case of beer to deal with  the rebound from the adrenolytic medications used, which can be unpleasant at least, and I've managed to cut what would have been 24 hours of misery down to a bit of overheating (dealt with easily enough), and spending the day in essentially a shallow hibernation state, for a half hour or so.

Nothing a few more beers won't see off by way of discomfort, or if needs must, a short-duration induced coma by way of short-acting noradrenergic release inhibitors, I can time that effect down to a couple of hours if needs be. But might just take a couple of them by mouth, for the muscle relaxer effect. Just feeling tense and overloaded, but nothing I can't handle, just means I'll be glad for the first dose of my antiseizure med of the day more than usual, as it's got a tranquilizer punch that'd fell a horse to it too.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7361 on: December 31, 2018, 01:43:24 AM »
And does really heavy, stimmy-suited music blasted out as loud as possible count as medication?

Right now, I think it very well might.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7362 on: December 31, 2018, 03:18:37 AM »
Just got my meds a few minutes ago.

Had 40mg oxycodone IR up the nose (for rapidity of action, as the tanks were running SO dry that they barely even were running on fumes, and I was beginning to feel rather uncomfortable and overloaded)

And 2x192mg chlormethiazole capsules, of the meds I've picked up, those two are the ones that have kicked in, especially the chlormethiazole, the antiseizure-med I take (off label, it isn't licensed for seizures here, but its just one of those things, of all GABAergic depressants, it's one I find shockingly little prone to tolerance and dependence, even after using it for 4 years or much three times daily, no physical dependence, that, and the dual facts that it works both very, very effectively, and also that after first swallowing a capsule, it is FAST in onset of effect, as fast as one would feel a shot of neat spirit alcohol it takes effect, moments after the capsules themselves actually burst open once swallowed, a matter of minutes is all it takes to bring me out of a full blown seizure, if my old man can realize whats gone on and pop two caps in my mouth, I'll be back to normal in minutes at most) So licensed or not, its just a med that particularly agrees with me.

Time for my first morphine shot of the day too now methinks, plus one of my stomach meds.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7363 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
Yes, yes I did, and I'm feeling much better for it too.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7364 on: December 31, 2018, 10:43:20 AM »
Got to pick up a refill in about half an hour.

Still have't found those missing pain meds, even chucked the contents of the outside trash can on a tent groundsheet to no avail. That's been a mighty damn close 24 hours, relying on taking a moderate dose of oxy yesterday morning, enough to allow a sleeping pill to knock me out as long as possible, then taking small incremental doses to just about remain within tolerable limits, along with another sleeping pill plus a glass of rum my old man decided to offer me from the bottle that formed part of his xmas gift, which got me a few hours of decent napping at least.

And a bit of improvized pharmacological tinkering, in order to cause my blood pressure to bottom out enough to knock me out, plus a case of beer to deal with  the rebound from the adrenolytic medications used, which can be unpleasant at least, and I've managed to cut what would have been 24 hours of misery down to a bit of overheating (dealt with easily enough), and spending the day in essentially a shallow hibernation state, for a half hour or so.

Nothing a few more beers won't see off by way of discomfort, or if needs must, a short-duration induced coma by way of short-acting noradrenergic release inhibitors, I can time that effect down to a couple of hours if needs be. But might just take a couple of them by mouth, for the muscle relaxer effect. Just feeling tense and overloaded, but nothing I can't handle, just means I'll be glad for the first dose of my antiseizure med of the day more than usual, as it's got a tranquilizer punch that'd fell a horse to it too.

I have the rare talent of sitting on my bed filling our prescription containers for the week.  After I lift the tool box back onto the chest of drawers I usually find ONE PILL on the bed.  The PR and I have some teeny, tiny pills that are almost identical.  Process:

Open both containers to see that the proper number of pills are in each compartment.  Sometimes there is an additional pill in one compartment.  Find out which pill is duplicated.  Take it out.  Still look for the missing pill.  Nope, all are accounted for.  So, search through the pill bottles to see who the pill belongs to.  Wheeeeee, that's settled.  Close and lock tool box.  Find one bottle out the box.  Re-open box, lock and put away.  Realize that a take as needed OTC was not taken out.  Say "screw it."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: