Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 121976 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7245 on: September 14, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »
I haven't taken my meds in months.  The PR has been  :thumbup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7246 on: September 15, 2018, 12:16:28 AM »
Do you feel better for not taking your meds, QV?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7247 on: September 15, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »
Sort of. Damn doctors give me a pain med script that isn't enough to control my pain, and I have to rely on hacking OTC opioid preparations using the skills that I was bound to end up with given I was born autie and with the speshul interests (couldn't possibly NOT have ended up with the skillset I have in that respect given having the sciences as my speshul interest now, could I? it was inevitable IMO)

Or/and using a contact of mine, or else starting from scratch and preparing things from basic precursors, rather than tweaking existing opioids.

Ran out friday, had a contact ship me some methadone, 80 5mg physeptone tablets which will keep me good until monday for certain. Might even have some left over to use as a fallback the next time I'm in so much pain I can't tolerate it at the level of my script (which the doctors all criticize and have a go at me for having at all!) but knew the methadone would be coming, so I used all the 10mg morphine caps  bar 1x10mg to prepare a shot for the morning, and then for the evening, had 4x30mg and 1x10mg to make a shot to cover me then. Already knew I'd be safe doing so, because I knew the methadone was already in the post, shipped for priority next day delivery, from within england, so it'd be here before 1pm.

And in my experience priority before 1pm post is usually here before that time too, and it was this time as well, IIRC somewhere around 11am. Had 150mg methadone in the morning and am barely in any pain, no neuropathic pain either. I'd really like to switch to using methadone as my workhorse pain med, with morphine IR for my breakthrough med (currently I'm on oxy for breakthrough, but I don't much like it)

But I am 99.99999% sure the doctors would tell me to fuck off. And I'm not willing to enter a methadone rehab clinic, where I'd be expected to turn up daily, and take the dose whilst watched by a fucking pharmacist, I'm not being stigmatized by some uppity piece of shit because I'm in pain. Fucking hell, I already AM, but I'm certainly not lining up with the rest of the clientele for the methadone maintainance clinic every motherfucking morning. It hurts me to walk, badly, I have to more or less drag one leg, so why should I do that and be viewed as a 'dirty smack rat'? fuck that right off.

And at most, after eventually, they 'trust' you, they will let you have three days take-home supplies. AFAIK they still drug test people though for other drugs and will cut someone off abruptly without ANY taper, even from a huge methadone dosage, for failing a test. And I'm not pissing in a cup for anybody. Anyone demands I give them my piss, and they will get it. Just not in the way they wanted it.........it's happened before, and if anyone demands I give them a sample of piss, I'll do it again....
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7248 on: October 01, 2018, 07:49:39 AM »
Picked up my refills this morning. Last couple of days have been shitty, a lot of pain lying down trying to sleep, couldn't turn onto either side without it hurting my hips.

Shite weather, freezing bloody cold, making it hard to breathe and making my hands and face numb and painful, and to top it all off, I was forced to exert myself much harder than otherwise, as the bike got a punctured tyre, went completely flat on me while going to the clinic to pick up the scripts and then to the pharmacy.

But feel a lot better for it now I've got adequate levels of my meds floating around in me doing their thing.

Just taken my antiseizure meds and a top-up of a few 10mg IR  oxycodone caps, for a total of 140mg oxy, (so far today) and around 300-400mg IM morphine. Hips no longer bothering me.

Wish I knew where the hell I left that serving-size sticky golden syrup cake though, because the pain meds are kinda giving me the munchies.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7249 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:23 PM »
Nope. Had a rotten night's sleep so made up for it this morning and slept through the time when I should have taken my meds. So I didn't take them. Can still take a dose of dexamphetamine though.

Will take the others tonight.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7250 on: October 15, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
Forgot to take most of my meds yesterday. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7251 on: October 20, 2018, 09:54:48 PM »
Took mine. Late though.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7252 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:48 PM »

Thanks for reminding me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7253 on: October 25, 2018, 03:48:08 PM »
I did, although was extremely stingy with the morphine. Took the bare minimum to keep me from physical withdrawal, the absolute least I could get away with, if I used a sleeping pill in the morning, after checking my online updates on forums, slept in until star trek came on, watched TOS and enterprise, and then went back to sleep, waiting for family guy to come on in about 20 minutes, in the mean time making a sausage sandwich, once I've watched it, american dad, the cleveland show, if it too is on, then i'm taking another sleeping pill and I'm going to sleep until the postman arrives with a most important package for me.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7254 on: October 25, 2018, 07:42:06 PM »
HMPH! found I had to, as the morphine dose I restricted  myself to, being stingy as fuck, had begun to wear off just enough to stop me sleeping if I didn't dose. So  I just had an IV shot of 1ml (just a few units of an insulin syringe less than 1ml actually to give me enough room to pull back so as to register and make sure I was in the vein) of the extraction of all the morphine I  had left, ground up the XR microbeads and added water. Morphine sulfate has a maximum solubility at room temperature of 60mg/1ml, so I knew I wouldn't be taking a huge amount out of what I need for my  experiment I have planned. Just 60mg, into an easily accessible vein on my right elbow inner side. It's a bit painful to access it, because I have a patch of scar tissue, thankfully not too thick, right over the vein, from a  burn, but registered and got the entire 60mg into the vein no problem.

Will make sure to massage some steroid cream into the area, and  a non-steroidal antiinflammatory diclofenac gel in now, to make sure the vein stays healthy. I'll be wanting to use it soon, when I pick up my gear. I almost always smoke mine, but once in a while, especially for a first taste, after getting an idea of potency from a quick smoke, I'll have a couple of shots if I've  bought an 8th.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7255 on: October 26, 2018, 12:51:20 AM »
Actually took my lunchtime meds while having my lunch (Macca's).
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7256 on: October 26, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
I did. Almost forgot, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7257 on: October 26, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
I did. I had to pick up replenishment from the pharmacy, today, so I was kind of reminded all day to do so.

I also got a flu shot, today.
According to the CDC this strain of vaccines is more closely related/effective than in recent years.
Of course, to fully believe that, one must accept that Some members of the CDC have a certain flu strain clairvoyance or some shit.

I just have come to believe that if I get a flu shot, I do not get really sick. I still get infected, but not colonized and shit goes away fast and I do not get sick.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7258 on: October 26, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »
Although i have some, went completely without any morphine today, as my H and physeptone arrived. First shot of H I ended up nodding out HARD from a bit before 11am right until 6pm, when star trek came on. Perfect timing. Still high as a motherfucker, just having the odd pipe now and then. That way I can build up a nice  big stash of extra morphine for my desomorphine project.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7259 on: October 27, 2018, 08:43:33 AM »
Can't remember. I think I took them.

- Albert Einstein