Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 122539 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7200 on: June 20, 2018, 02:14:23 PM »
Took mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7201 on: June 20, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Took mine too. A bit later than normal because I slept in.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7202 on: June 21, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
Yes, I took them again today. Now drinking a beer. Medicinal purposes only, of course.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7203 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »
Fuck...it was a three Vicodin day, and I could really use another one, but hoping to fall asleep first.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7204 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
Slept in too much so have not taken the morning meds.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7205 on: June 23, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »
Knowing you Trig, that sounds like a real bastard of a day!. *sends over a bit of the 1/4 of H*

Never had vicodin, we don't use hydrocodone in england for some reason, here there isn't really an intermediate level opioid painkiller, the scale goes straight for codeine/dihydrocodeine or tramadol to morphine, oxycodone or whatever other pulls-no-punches grade of pain meds, if one gets anything at all and isn't stuck with a doc who's a bastard of course, which happens to too many people, thankfully not me, mine is a good man, but, he doesn't really know what he is doing when it comes to managing pain.

I wouldn't be using H on the weekends, or methadone, other than perhaps, once in a while if I felt like a change and to get the chemistry set out. As it is, I get enough, barely, to cover my pain levels assuming there is no sudden flareup of anything that can flare up, and that there is nothing unforseen by ways of an accident, from picking up a script until the friday. Leaving two days and nights which I either must take into my own hands or suffer through, both the pain and withdrawal. Which, needless to say, is not how things are supposed to work.

And I only manage that long, because I got blasted in the eye with corrosives. Vision is still off some, and I don't like bright lights (well I never did, but I like them even less now), but they doubled my oxy script, after I got out of hospital, because as it sounds like, getting hit in the eye with boiling hot corrosive alkalis is...less than enjoyable, to say the very least. They just either forgot, or couldn't be bothered to spend the time tapering me back down to the original level I was taking it at. And given that I was really struggling to get around or do much at the time, I kept my mouth shut. And its staying shut.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7206 on: June 23, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
As for today...sort of, see above. Muscle relaxant (zanaflex/tizanidine) plus overload 'circuit breaker' of a sort, in clonidine, a relative of tizanidine, and they both work to serve as that metaphorical circuit breaker, shorting out those times where one's mental fuse would otherwise lead to a melted head, so to speak.

Can't sleep, do have a sleeping pill around, but I am holding off on using it. Because I most certainly do not want to become dependent physically on them. I MIGHT end up using it tomorrow, or else half tonight, half tomorrow night, because my antiseizure med is also a sedative, and its not like I can just fuck those off, and a single tablet either way is not going to push anyone over the edge of a cliff. Might well stay up all night and then take it midday or something like that, because it isn't like there is much point in being awake at that time, since star trek isn't on on weekends (sue me, I'm autistic, like it or lump it :spazz:

Pain meds..well thanks a lot, doc. Not the prescription ones. All thats available are topical NSAID antiinflammatories, some paracetamol that is currently, and is going to stay, sitting at the bottom of an extraction of something else from it. it isn't any use for so much pain as being bitten by a geriatric, toothless gnat. But, well, being a chemist I don't see any reason a pair of acetyl groups in place of a pair of phenolic hydroxyl groups should change morphine, the respected and widely used (and prescribed to me) pain reliever, into something that deserves stigma, or to be shunned, where its close relative is not, the only differences being structural, a greater rapidity of entry into the brain, compared with morphine given by an identical route, greater weight potency and some differences in the binding profile to Mu-opioid receptors having alternately-spliced isoforms, after some post-translational modification once the protein exits the ribosome within the cell producing it.

As long as it is what it claims to be, rather than say, contaminated with fentanyl or one of its nasty ass relatives, then its just another pain med to me, it does FEEL a bit different to pharmaceutical morphine, but I put that down to the fact that the buggers making H clandestinely, don't run it through chromatographic columns, or other preparative scale analytical equipment (although I figure they probably don't run columns purifying morphine in factories which do make it for the medical market), with the clandestine manufacture of H, it still has all the other alkaloids, at least, the phenolic ones, although codeine has to be removed, or it could cause a fatal histamine release if injected IV. I find H more physically stimulating than an otherwise equally potent/effective dose of pharmaceutically derived morphine, likewise poppy pod tea, which is even more so, presumably due to the thebaine and possibly oripavine, which in large doses, are toxic, acting as convulsants in the same way strychnine does, as an antagonist of spinal strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors. But in smaller doses, its stimulating, as, apparently, is strychnine, which in some rather old medical tomes I have, dating back a couple of centuries, when they were relying on herbs on a large basis, raw opium with just the plant matter boiled and skimmed off the top, a few, but not many, more complex organic molecules doing this, that and the other, and the rest of it was arsenic, lead, mercury, antimony, white phosphorus, even dilute hydrocyanic acid (prussic acid, hydrogen cyanide in aqueous solution). Hell, back then, know what they'd give you for piles?

They'd tell you to bathe them regularly in nitric acid. Quite a hilarious image, I admit. And the doctors probably never saw very many returning patients with the same complaint ;) but not a treatment I'd want to bathe my sore, pulsating swollen anal veins in, if I had same. I'm not quite sure whether to laugh, spit my tongue out of my nose, or wince. Quite possibly all three simultaneously.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7207 on: June 25, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »
My old man is going out now to pick them up. Asked him if he'd do it since I just had another minor seizure, brief, about the time the experiment with a few tokes of H to squash the one I had earlier, had had the gear wear off, since I only used a little for it, again, managed, since it was a minor one, to get to it and use a pre-prepared foil, and again, like magic, it stopped the attack in its tracks while it was no more than akin to a bit of burning grass from a discarded match, rather than an inferno. Soon as I'd had a couple of inhalations, it just withered and died like a patch of weeds baked to dust with a flamethrower. Thankfully I'll have my antiseizure meds in a bit, as soon as my old man gets back. And regular pain meds. So the H can stay in it's little spare container for housing lenses for my microscope until there is again a reason to make use of it.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7208 on: June 25, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Yes. Back is still really bad. I think I overdid it the previous few weeks and haven't been able to settle it back down. Too many days of long meetings and sitting in chairs for long periods of time, which exacerbates my issues. Tomorrow I have to go to Baltimore, so that is like 6-7 hours on trains and waitng for them between here to DC and then DC to Baltimore. Have to switch trains in DC.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:37:40 PM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7209 on: June 25, 2018, 03:28:16 PM »
I hope it doesn't make things worse, and that you recover as much as possible soon mate. I know all too well what its like to be tormented with old injuries, fucking blows ten tons of dead, gangrenous, putrescence-bloated suppurating goat cock.

Leg has been playing up somewhat today, or rather my meant to be good leg has been. Been hurting to get up off the sofa, although thankfully I picked up my pain meds along with all the other med refills today, and just having the occasional toke of brown whenever it gets a bit much, just a few pulls is all thats needed to get rid of the worst excesses of pain.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7210 on: June 25, 2018, 11:01:21 PM »
Lunchtime meds - done.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7211 on: June 25, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »
Not yet. Doing the basics (coffee) now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7212 on: July 06, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »
Most of them. Although I had no pain medication left. Although this morning, postie brought me, courtesy of special next day delivery, a box of 80 methadone tablets. Which are not only making sure I don't withdraw what with the stinginess of doctors not permitting me to get through a week, without going through between two and three days of hellish physical withdrawal.

So I got myself a box of physeptone tablets, that the guy who sold them to me, stuffed the box with just less than double what the boxes are meant to contain, if somebody is prescribed a full box (50 count boxes)

And I'm feeling just fine, and I will be throughout the weekend, instead of, as the doctors would have me do, suffering in agony and misery, every minute feeling as though it were a thousand.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7213 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:58 PM »
Talk about a fluster cuck.

I take The PRs morning and evening meds and my sleep aids out each evening.  Her evening meds are put in her hand and she takes them then.  I bring her morning meds to the bathroom and put them in an old prescription bottle that's on the sink.  I take my pills at the same time.

I had scary, horrible night.  Couldn't sleep, unbelievble dry mough, restless legs, no strength to turn over, staggering down the hall, etc.  You know where this is going, right?

Yep, I took her morning meds:  2 seizure meds, 2 psychiatric meds, 3 pills for psych med side effect, an amino acid.  How that girl is able to function with that stuff in her I'll never know.  And I know I'll be more alert and aware in the future.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7214 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
:( sorry you had to go through that. Some of those psych meds are awful, I am SERIOUSLY intolerant of dopamine D2 antagonists, they make me really ill. That and (was given this for sleep once)...arrgh what the fuck is that tetracyclic antidepressant, the most potent sedating antihistamine on the market/alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor antagonist (alpha2 antagonists make me just as ill as neuroleptics), never needed the latter for psych reasons, but they are used as antivomiting agents, got given IIRC trifluoroperazine once after a bout of awful food poisoning and if it wasn't awful enough to start with I just wanted to DIE after taking that shit. The rest of it went down the toilet. Even domperidone, which is a much less potent D2 antagonist, not meant to cross the blood-brain barrier, still manages to make me want to go find a high place with lots of rocks underneath to jump off whilst wearing a backpack full of ball bearings and nitroglycerin.

I hope so much the PR doesn't get affected by those awful meds that way, I'd hate for her to suffer like that. Well I hate the idea of her being even slightly unhappy, but you know what I mean.

*hugs for both of you QV and PR*

What seizure meds does she take (IF of course, she agrees to say, please, ask her before telling me, in case she prefers for that to be personal and private), because some of them aren't at all bad. Quite a lot of them, although depending on the type, some of the major families are calming agents too, like valium, phenobarb, and all the other benzos and similar used for seizure control. The one I take, chlormethiazole is actually quite pleasant, could be used recreationally (indeed, have tried it that way and its really quite a good recreational, a homespun lot of course so as not to waste the stuff I need for seizure control. Had to take an additional dose of that earlier, after..well not an aura exactly, it went straight from business as normal to beginning of a myoclonic seizure, but thanks to the chlormethiazole extra capsule, that did a wonderful job of shorting it out before it ever got to be more than a few twitches, a little difficulty grabbing the pill bottle off the coffee table due to the seizure trying to start. Chlormethiazole is kinda like a barbiturate in the way it acts on GABAa receptors, rather than like a benzo or Z-drug, in terms of binding site and the way it modulates the gating of the ion channel, and with a similarly hefty kick to the barbs (albeit I've only tried two of those, they aren't common now at all, I'd have to make them if I wanted to try others, but phenobarb, which is pretty shitty, more of a knock on the head with a lead pipe, minus the headache and broken face :P, and the first of the barbs to be discovered, barbital itself, which despite the long acting nature is actually pretty fun stuff. Got hold of a bit over an ounce of the stuff, as lab grade powder, from a genetics/biotech lab from an old contact who worked there, and used it for making PH buffer systems for cell cultures.

But chlormethiazole works great for the seizures. REALLY fucking fast too, once the capsules let their contents out, absorption seems to be within minutes, at least as fast as one begins to feel alcoholic spirits after drinking say, a coffee mug full of dark rum in one shot. So its kinda just down the hatch, and moments later, seizure aborted. Love the stuff in that respect. Pretty good at making sure I get a good night's sleep too, as its also used as a sleeping pill and alcohol detox drug for its sedative-hypnotic effect.

And unusually, quite astonishingly in fact for a GABAergic agonist, I've had NO physical dependency from even years of use several times a day, and I know of NO other drug, other than perhaps chlormethiazole analogs, like its brominated derivative, 'bromethiazole' as I call it, for want of a better name, since it isn't used in medicine at all, that one is..well, a house specialty so to speak :heisenberg:, as there is a nice easy route to it, or chlormethiazole starting from vitamin B1, although the first step needs rigorous purification of the intermediate, as it starts with a bisulfite or metabisulfite cleavage of thiamine (vitamin B1) into two halves, one fragment, the 4-methylthiazole-2-ethanol portion then undergoes chlorination with SOCl2, and probably would work easily enough with something like disulfur dichloride, phosphorus trichloride or phosphorus pentachloride too, although SOCl2 works nice as the decomposition products, HCl and sulfur dioxide are both gaseous and can be removed super-easily from the reaction mixture. Its just the cleavage step has to be done with extreme caution in the purification, as the pyrimidine fragment of the B1 lysis reaction, its known as 'toxopyrimidine', and its a vitamin B6 antagonist, prevents GABA biosynthesis, making it a potent convulsant poison. Nasty shit, but removable with repeated ice-water washing, as its soluble in H2O whilst the methylthiazole-2-ethanol which serves as the intermediate to chlormethiazole or the brominated version, is poorly soluble in H2O, so the poisonous byproduct can be cleaned out, followed by, just for caution's sake, on my part, my performing a vacuum distillation on the intermediate alcohol.

I hope your dear lil royal cutie didn't suffer from the lack of meds either.

*warm well wishes for both of you*

Just took a sleeping pill tonight as well as the general night time meds, as again I feel sleepless. Going to munch down a can of cold rice pudding that I've been cooling down in the fridge, smoke my e-cig while I read some more of Vogels' fifth ed. practical organic chemistry book on the laptop, before it kicks in, munch a few candies, before it kicks in and I shove my blindfold on to go to sleep.

(I wear a blindfold to sleep, to keep the morning daylight away. Yuck. I don't like sunlight, and I like mornings even less. And morning AWAKENING by sunlight is just a filthy evil abortion which ought not to exist. Like that clapped out former hooker bitch in charge of giving head to...ahem...I mean, 'heading' autism squeaks. Whasserface, forgot her name, oh well, not important. She can always just be 'that nasty old slag from AutSqueaks' to me :autism:

Damn devil spawned NT whorebitch. Gross. How ANY male human being could ever have wanted HER disgusting NT arse naked in some tacky porno mag I will never know. Eww.

Now, time to sleep soon, while I stick some heavy music on nice and loud so I can sleep and get back to my chapter in Vogels', along with a small top up of my IR pain meds to avoid my hips hurting too much to lie down.

Did kinda want to get into some papers on asymmetric chiral iridium based hydrogenation catalysts for enantioselective hydrogenation of imines to amines at atmospheric pressure of hydrogen, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow.