Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106410 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7125 on: April 12, 2018, 03:20:23 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7126 on: April 12, 2018, 06:15:24 PM »
  I've been taking meds all day.  :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7127 on: April 13, 2018, 05:11:03 AM »
Took mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7128 on: April 13, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »
Good here.

BP =  115/82 at rest for five minutes.  My doc would think that is fine, but I probably need a stress test to help him diagnose what I have experienced lately.

I hate those.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7129 on: April 13, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7130 on: April 14, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
Some, although running excessively low on the pain control. So going to improvise, with an extraction of over the counter 7.45mg dihydrocodeine/500mg paracetamol tablets, and after the vac filtration off of the paracetamol (almost totally insoluble in cold water), basify with ammonia, take up into dichloromethane, distill off the dichlor to be left with the dihydrocodeine content of several hundred of the shitty OTC pills, then reflux it with 30% anhydrous hydrogen bromide in glacial acetic acid, which simultaneously demethylates dihydrocodeine to dihydromorphine (several times as potent) and the residual HBr is exploited twice, once to catalyze a Fischer esterification between the acetic acid solvent and dihydromorphine, and once again, to strip off the otherwise high-boiling glacial acetic acid by using the HBr traces to catalyze a second fischer esterification with added methanol, forming methyl acetate which is distilled off, and a little methyl bromide, which is vented somewhere safe.

I've never done this reaction before, but I have tried the result from someone who has, who gifted me a little, and who followed the reaction via GC-MS, found to produce an almost selective demethylation at the  6-position, with a little demethylation of the other, 3 position methyl ether, and the result is mostly 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine and a lesser amount of dihydroheroin which forms as a byproduct. Although given the object is to produce something very close to it, for use as an analgesic, having a highly potent and euphorigenic opioid analgesic form as a lesser byproduct is quite acceptable, as far as side products go.

After that, its just a matter of filtering and washing for workup, 94-95 yield. Nifty or what.  I've only ever had it once, from the same individual as got the process down to an art, including the neat methyl acetate conversion of residual GAA, 2ml 30% hydrogen bromide in GAA, 90-100 'C for 2 hours and you're golden. Job done. And fuck me, I've never had anything like it, even surpasses any of my own creations so far. Absolutely blew my head off, quite literally had me staggering, holding onto things to keep upright from a single 300mg IV dose. For the best part of 3/4 hour. Usually the IV flash lasts minutes at most, that lasted nearly an hour, before the main show even started, so to speak.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a repeat of the good work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:21:00 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7131 on: April 14, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
I did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7132 on: April 14, 2018, 12:43:36 PM »
A couple of muscle relaxers, my lower back aches and my neck is killing me from wearing a gas mask that needs tightening the neck strap for bloody hours.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7133 on: April 14, 2018, 02:07:53 PM »

Going now to do so. :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7134 on: April 15, 2018, 12:56:14 AM »
Just decided to use a fraction cut from the DHC I'm working with, possibly do so several times today if needs be, I can easily pick up more tomorrow, I don't know if I can keep working today, bloody pain right on the top of my head kept nagging me and waking me  up, my gas mask had been chafing at me, I think I'm going to order another one because the one I have (actually I have two but one of them has been relegated to kitchen use for spicy food cooking (things like toasting nuke-grade peppers, the fumes that come off those when dried and seared on a dry pan are nasty, and even some of my stews and especially cooking steak, you don't want to be in the kitchen without breathing gear whilst they cook, the model of that mask has been discontinued and there is only the filter cartridge in there, possibly another pair of organic filters left, so I figure use it to keep down essentially non-dangerous but all the same nasty and vicious fumes, I'd rather sear my steaks, not my respiratory tract, as I do rather have a liking for the sort of spicy that makes for great eating but leaves you shaking a bit afterwards and running for more cold beer like a firefighter trying to put out a burning building by pissing through the letterbox :autism:)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7135 on: April 16, 2018, 08:03:08 AM »

Took mine on time today.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7136 on: April 16, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
Aye took most of mine. Just took 3 glepark 0.18mg tablets (pramipexole, a dopamine receptor agonist) and a couple of lines of oxycodone.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7137 on: April 16, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
Forgot the sunscreen. Barely was outside, only had my lunch in the shade and hung my bedding out to air. But still.

Did take the vitamine D. Energy levels are still rising. So, still not the way they should be.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7138 on: April 16, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
Our "outside"  is about half winter-like. Mostly cloudy, mid thirties for temperatures, some snow most of the day. No chance of needing sunscreen any time soon.

It is mid April! We should be done with snow and the weather guys talking about wind chill factors!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7139 on: April 28, 2018, 04:07:37 PM »
30mg methadone.

Does a cigar, another glass of cherry wine and vegetating in front of the TV to watch family guy count as medication? it seems rather therapeutic to me :autism: