Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 116909 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6600 on: February 02, 2017, 05:18:19 AM »
The PR  :thumbup:

Me  :thumbdn:

*wobbles in  :cbc: :tea:   with meds and liquids for Her Majesty!*  :queenie:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6601 on: February 02, 2017, 06:05:48 AM »
Well the decongestant and nasal steroid would avoid any irritation. There is usually an initial sting/nasal burning sensation with the simple, unsubstituted amphetamines such as amphetamine itself or meth (by unsubstituted, I mean on the phenyl ring rather than the amine) but that isn't too bad with amphetamine or its methylated counterpart.

And why not stick it up there? and technically it isn't a return, its a deposit. Only deposited in the region usually used to make ....other....kinds of deposit. And think about it this way. What generally comes OUT of there, is an awful lot worse than what would be going IN. Go for it, you'll probably like the result better by far than taking it by mouth. The amphetamine that is. I really wouldn't suggest the more usual, biologically sourced contents of said region be taken orally. That would be...well I'd rather not do it put it that way:LOL1:

It only takes a few ml of water, there is no discomfort with that kind of quantity, you won't even feel the solution once its in there. Actually, I'm about to do the same thing, only with oxy instead of amphetamine. Trust me, there is absolutely no discomfort. I didn't like the idea the first time plugging anything either, but it was something that stank to high heaven and tasted utterly foul (gamma-butyrolactone, a GHB prodrug) so it went up the arse instead. Squeamishness will be overcome after the first time almost certainly. Just bite the bullet, it really isn't that bad. If its bothersome the thought of using a 5ml barrel (they are wider, not longer) just use a 2.5 (in practise, for plugging, this equates to 3ml since they are not being used to shoot up IV, and they are narrower)

But a 5ml measuring syringe is not uncomfortable either. the bigger, fatter 10-20ml (forget which, 20ml I think) is about the size it takes for any discomfort. If it makes it easier, a bit of vaseline, or even cooking oil, lip-balm, butter, applied to the tip of the syringe and you probably won't even feel it go in. Doesn't have to go right up there, just past the sphincter, depress plunger, withdraw rig and throw it away.

Just don't use a huge syringe, and of course, don't use a needle (goes without saying really) and you will be fine. And with amphetamines, the effects are far better that way. There isn't the immediate 'rush' that comes with IV use, but certainly a nice fast warm glow (bodily, mentally, that is, I do not mean a local sensation up there)

More comfortable with room-temperature or slightly warm water rather than straight from the cold tap. But even that, isn't particularly uncomfortable.

Edit-compared the sizes with a larger syringe I use for dispensing chemicals (into containers of various kinds, not into my behind) and 20ml would be uncomfortable due to the width, 10ml isn't hugely bothersome, slight discomfort perhaps. Just used a 5ml (typical measuring syringe size) for the oxy and it really wasn't noticeable.

Only needs go in about 1cm-1.5-2cm or so, depth wise, you need not stick the entire length of the syringe up your asshole, just enough to create a seal 'twixt sphincter and rig, then a bit, and its enough. And about 5 minutes later, the phet should kick in, for a shorter time, as its more or less being used as an IR, since only the part that comes straight out of the powdered pills will be in the solution. If its adderall, there would be a slightly extended duration compared to say, amphetamine sulfate or hydrochloride, because adderall is a mixture of salts that have different absorption rates. This though, isn't anything like as dramatic as a true XR formulation. Works best with capsules containing microbeads, but in any case, it'll do the trick. Failing both (and of snorting and plugging, the latter is faster and more effective with a higher peak) you could powder them to bugger the time release up and then just take it sublingually or between cheek and gum for buccal absorption. Not so fast and its a bit of a nuisance since it has to sit there and absorb. All the same, up one end or the other is the best way for it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:31:56 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6602 on: February 02, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
Renewed both my hyper and my spazz meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6603 on: February 08, 2017, 06:39:27 AM »
  Just took the last dose of Strattera from the old vial.  Getting my refill today.  8)

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6604 on: February 08, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6605 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:40 PM »
As spazzy as ever, so yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6606 on: February 09, 2017, 12:18:18 PM »
The ones I needed to take. Bar the steroid eyedrops, I forgot. Will take one or two drops before I go to bed so as not completely to miss out.

The ones I didn't were the GI meds which I haven't needed.

Some morphine just taken for an evening dose, the rest is otherwise occupied. Thankfully, due to the increased dose of oxycodone for the pain in my burnt eyeball, I've bar a couple of shots using a 1ml syringe, or a 5ml one containing the same quantity, used only one larger shot this WEEK, maybe two, but only one solid 300mg shot. Saving that for higher purposes.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6607 on: February 09, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6608 on: February 09, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »
  Yes.  And something else, apparently, because I'm calmly detached despite a stressful day.
  Probably a steaming cup of don't-give-a-fuck.  You get old enough, you just don't care anymore.  8)

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6609 on: February 11, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »
  Yes, I have taken everything, well, no omeprazole just yet.  Maybe later.  8)

People forget.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6610 on: February 11, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »
Just to fit in, I took a vitamin tablet today. I felt very healthy.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6611 on: February 11, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6612 on: February 12, 2017, 04:16:51 PM »
Yeah, I did.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6613 on: February 12, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
Sort of. I had to improvise anticonvulsant prophylaxis., meaning resorting to ethanol. Ugh, I hate drinking spirits as a rule, and since I have just enough chlormethiazole on my rx for prophylaxis, which means if I have to respond to a seizure actually beginning it leaves me more prone to one than I'd be in the first place. So, a liter of dark rum had to suffice. Knock me out for most of the day. Eww.

It does the job, the med I take, but its short acting, and with a rather low level between active and lethal do has a tendency to wear off during sleep.  So coverage isn't perfect and neither is seizure prophylaxis, shit happens, and to quote kassi, post ictal shitty, happens.

And whilst pissed as a fart, had to improvise pain coverage from a (formerly) OTC de-wormer (1-butyryl-4-cinnamylpiperazine from piperazine) I really need to work on the rxk conditions. Seems like they are extremely variable from a 99% yield to 30%-40%, seems like trivalent cerium can catalyze the rxn or copper (II)/Cu(I) can serve. But i've only a few grams left and as such have to buy the damn piperazine since the medication for treating worms is now mebendazole, formerly one could buy 8g piperazine as 2x4g per pack of piperazine hydrogen phosphate.
Long, tedious rxn to AP-237, but at least, no shit, no fan, so to speak.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6614 on: February 12, 2017, 11:19:11 PM »