Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 118714 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3480 on: September 01, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
thanks for the reminder.  I need to take my evening-pill-with-a-meal pill.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3481 on: September 01, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
Yes, although they helped with my concentration they did nothing to wake me up like they usually do
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3482 on: September 01, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
Just took 5x192mg chlormethiazole, an antihistamine (chlorphenamine) and my OC. Had my antibiotics earlier...uggh I hate those. Glad I'm halfway through the course already. In a LOT less pain than I was. Needed to shoot 4, even 5 oxy 40s a day at the very, very worst just to move it enough to dress the arm. Since I mostly drained it though it has helped a lot. Still limited movement range in that arm though.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3483 on: September 02, 2012, 03:48:56 AM »
Not yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3484 on: September 02, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
Forgot that it was Sunday, so I missed my weekly med (needs to be taken on an empty stomach).  Will take it tomorrow.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3485 on: September 02, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Need a new rx tomorrow.

Still can't straighten the arm but at least it hurts less.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3486 on: September 02, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
About to take the last of them and toddle off to bed.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3487 on: September 02, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
Yes, I took mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3488 on: September 03, 2012, 01:03:54 AM »
I took mine.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3489 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:05 AM »
Just got back from the docs, took a few chlormethiazole and my antibiotics, chewed up an OC40, and grinding 3 more up for a shot, then its time to relax for a change, and get reading everything I couldn't pay attention to last night.

Had the bite wound on my arm properly dressed, walked out with some decent stuff etc. All is well right atm, apart from my paralysed other hand. That HAS to be working later this week, for my driving lesson. Quite possibly having had seizures in the past I can't legally drive...but I'm on a highway to a pauper's old age if I can't, so to speak. And sod that.

I want, before I die, to have my own particle accelerator (a cyclotron, or maybe cyclosynchrotron even), sure I am not going to be able to afford several petawatts in capacitor banks:P but it would bee sweet as hell to build my own, mainly for the ability to produce small quantities of tritium, in doing so, bee-ing extremely for ex. X-raying stuff, actually forming elements fron others, de novo, I would absolutely love to have a ring, made from Ir, that I had worked hard, (and me being 'lil 'ol Kanner's me....play just as hard at the same time:D)

FUCK, I just came within a femtosecond or so of losing my oxy! I always do first a quick wash with an emptied amp of sterile saline, but then to get the remainder of the goodies just begging for a one-way ticket to the venous network of Lestat Rett, I give the powder a good soak in a wee glass vial before filtering again and slamming the rest.

After a night in miserable knee and hip+arm pain, oh, my fucking blue, furry CHRIST that first bite at the cherry felt so good, Sleep-deprived me almost dropped his vial and syringe. As it was, scarcely a droplet escaped,  only to be caught on a finger and slurped up:) Fuckers never give me enough just to control my pain levels, and if not well rested, in agony and with those cursed myoclonic attacks I would have been fucking well gutted. For me, RX day is shooting day and a GOOD long, refreshing sensory blackout thrown as best as possible together in my room, save for plenty of 'Draconian; and also the trees; jack-off-jill,fields of  the nephilim, rammstein, drowning pool, cradle of filth and friends, to soothe my severely sleep-deprived, starving hungry, myoclonic-attack-prone and etremely bloody grumpy central nervous system, what with the adrenal output squirrelyness.

Mmmm...this feels GOOD, not just a hyperalgesic state told 'well well, what have we heeeeere now? off we jolly well twatting bugger, I usually only shoot 2 a go, this time I'd crunched one up in the docs 'twixt my teeth...bitter lol, then prepped three more, figured sod it, its treat day,  time to stamp right up the anal sphincter of my tolerance and out  my nearest window :P

And very nicely it did too. I think I'll have a sedating antihistamine, a quick squirt of a nasal decongestant spray (I take this all the time, usually a bad idea, but in my case its to block the congestion I get as a side effect of alpha-2 adrenoreceptors, speaking of which, I haven't yet had any of my clonidine then rest. Undecided as to finishing my oxy shot or saving the other half. I'll have it now though I think, I don't want it to sit and...breed something....first of all, I want a nice big cold drink, I am ridiculously thirsty right now. Then time for a pipe before bed. If I can't manage to roll a smoke with only one movable hand                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Y'know what they say though....where theres a will there is a wa.....errm...scratch that...there is the hope of a rich, dead relative to be exploited :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:44:48 AM by Lestat »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3490 on: September 03, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
Driving with the risk of seizures is not a good idea.
Going fast, weighing 1000 kgs, that could mean a lot of damage to others and/or to yourself.

Pondering on renewing my drivers licence, now that I have not had partial blackouts for an extended time. If I do, I'll take some driving lessons too. Been 6 years since I drove the last time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3491 on: September 03, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
I wouldn't think of driving ifI thought there a risk.

normally my problem presents either as localized muscle fasciculation, and/or a brief, although occasionally pretty painful muscle twitch (myoclonus), no loss of consciousness,  and now I'm on the combination of chlormethiazole and something to suppress adrenal output (clonidine) thats controlled pretty well, I don't think I've noticed it at all since.

During the major myoclonic episodes I've had, which were few and far between, oddly, I didn't lose
consciousness.

My main worry actually about driving, is pain. Knee, hip, foot to a lesser degree. Docs on the whole here are REALLY fucking stingy with analgesics of the opiate nature.

But I need to be able to drive really, I can't walk far now, getting to the end of the road the short street I live off is difficult, even with a staff or my cane.

On the plus side though, walking with a 5-foot wooden staff tends to put wouldbe pikey thug types off, and send them looking for easier pickings:P

Blackouts? what happened?

Taken most of everything, other than my antibiotic, I need to wait a couple of hours though because it can't be taken with antacids/indigestion remedies, and i just had a swig of gaviscon to settle my stomach, and about to take a small IM dose of chlorphenamine (sedating antihistamine/antimuscarinic agent, again, to stop nausea) And about to take my last OC dose for today.

I do hope I can find a sterile pin somewhere. I'm running damn low, and completely run out of 30g needles. Other than used, cleaned ones that are only ever to be used in the lab, for injecting/withdrawing samples from a reaction, or for adding reagents via cannula that react with air and/or atmospheric water vapor. I won't be sticking any of those in me. Sod that.

I might have another chlormethiazole cap before bed, but that depends on how I feel, more likely I'll go with clonidine instead, its quite an effective sleep aid, and nonaddictive. Actually works better than most sleeping pills for me.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3492 on: September 03, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
Just got reminded by this thread to take my diabetes Rx with my meal.  New Rx and timing.  Went from extended release to double the dose 2x a day.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3493 on: September 03, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »
Never knew you were diabetic QV. Insulin, I'm guessing, if me shooting OC was what reminded you.

Gah...come to think of it, I REALLY should have poisoned one or two of the lancets used for blood glucose testing used by my psychotic fuck devil-whore former housemate :lol1:

Although I'm still kicking myself up my own arsehole for not taxing hey glucose meter, I could  have  made use of it, for whemever I am testing something new, for providing more in the way of supplementary bioassay data. Bugger. Lost the chance now the venomous little slag has been deported...lol, at least the benzos and painkillers were got to though, and a good slap given. Not nearly as much as the scheming fucker deserved though for all the shit she caused.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3494 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Yes, I'm a type 2 diabetic.  It was the title of the thread that reminded me to take my pill.  Don't need insulin yet, with luck and taking care of the diabetes I never will.