Author Topic: In the wash  (Read 137 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
In the wash
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
The day before yesterday I did some laundry but didn't load it in the dryer to yesterday evening as I had fogot about it but when I did I found my small led flash light in there and it was on.  Nothing was wrong with it and it still is fine.  I never would have expected this granted it was a $20 one by Nebo but through the washer and overnight that's amazing(small thing excite me) I had no idea they are so rugged it takes 3 AA batteries but I have yet to replace them.   I had rescued a game boy twice after it went through but this was still on.  Any other tough electronics out there?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: In the wash
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »
Not my TV remote. That's a cheap piece of junk! The buttons are glued on and two have already fallen out, while some of the remaining ones are so balky that they can hardly be used at all.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »
I have a Pikachu pedometer which has survived two or three unscheduled dunkings, yet it still lives on — albeit with a blurry screen display until it dries out properly. I haven't tested it in the wash. I'm fairly certain that would be its undoing.  :o

DukeNukem

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
LED's are fairly durable, but that's pretty good. Especially since it was still on when you found it.  8)

Back when laptops where the "newest" thing and cost a small fortune, my dad's boss happened to get lucky and got one for use on the job.

Unfortunately he left it sitting on the back of a cart they used to get up & down the lock wall with. My dad & another guy set out in the cart, never seeing the laptop on back, hit a bump, and the laptop flew off the cart and went straight into the river.

They managed to fish it out, and him and the other guy shook the water out and spent the next 2 days taking turns trying to dry the thing out over a portable heater before the boss was due back on shift.

After 2 days of drying they fired it up to test it and it started right up. They stuck it in the office on his desk and never said a word. :laugh: