Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39325 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1710 on: April 08, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
Drink a beer with a friend.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1711 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
Hoping to get outside and work in the yard/garden and start getting it cleaned up.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1712 on: April 08, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
I am installing a fence in my backyard to divide it into two sections.  One half for the 4 dogs and the other (poop-free) half for my son and his toys and goodies.

Anyone have any experience installing either a u-post or t-post fence?

P7PSP

« Reply #1713 on: April 08, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »
I don't know. I hate life and want to either go to Quebec or Queensland to get out of the country. I have to register my truck and get my taxes filed. Fuck everything.

P7PSP

« Reply #1714 on: April 08, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »
Correction: I may go see Hanna. It looks like bullshit, but Cate Blanchett is in it.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1715 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
I don't know. I hate life and want to either go to Quebec or Queensland to get out of the country. I have to register my truck and get my taxes filed. Fuck everything.
Why Quebec?

P7PSP

« Reply #1716 on: April 08, 2011, 07:21:09 PM »
Why Quebec?
So I can practice French.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1717 on: April 08, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
Why Quebec?
It's different than in France. We use more slang here. Some parts of Quebec are beautiful and the people are great. Other parts not so much. They shun outsiders if you're not a true Francophone. Everything in Ontario has to be in English and French so you get lots of exposure here too. And we have better healthcare. :green:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1718 on: April 08, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »

They are very proud of their bastardized version of French. France doesn't even recognize it as French.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1719 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

They are very proud of their bastardized version of French. France doesn't even recognize it as French.
Bastardized? Vas te faire encule :smarty:

P7PSP

« Reply #1720 on: April 08, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
Why Quebec?
It's different than in France. We use more slang here. Some parts of Quebec are beautiful and the people are great. Other parts not so much. They shun outsiders if you're not a true Francophone. Everything in Ontario has to be in English and French so you get lots of exposure here too. And we have better healthcare. :green:
Then maybe I'll skip Quebec and visit Belgique instead. That will show the Quebecers.  :hahaha:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to be blackballed in France for visiting heathens.  :zoinks:

Somehow I did not even realize that your are French Canuck CG.  ???

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1721 on: April 08, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
I'm not. Both French and English are the official languages in Canada. You find a lot of french spoken in Quebec, Ontario and some of the provinces on the east coast, less so the more west you go. Everything in Ontario has to have both languages on it and French is mandatory to take in school. We also have a lot of French schools and french immersion in public schools. I've been talking it since I started school. But I lost a lot of it through my teen years due to seizures. So now I don't recall as much as i used to but I love going to Quebec and it starts coming back to me. If I sat down and studied it again, i know I could pick it up in a heartbeat. Just haven't had the time to do it.

P7PSP

« Reply #1722 on: April 08, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
I'm not. Both French and English are the official languages in Canada. You find a lot of french spoken in Quebec, Ontario and some of the provinces on the east coast, less so the more west you go. Everything in Ontario has to have both languages on it and French is mandatory to take in school. We also have a lot of French schools and french immersion in public schools. I've been talking it since I started school. But I lost a lot of it through my teen years due to seizures. So now I don't recall as much as i used to but I love going to Quebec and it starts coming back to me. If I sat down and studied it again, i know I could pick it up in a heartbeat. Just haven't had the time to do it.
So where in Quebec can a non Francophone visit and not get ostracized?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1723 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:12 PM »
Hopefully I will do more than today.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1724 on: April 08, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
So where in Quebec can a non Francophone visit and not get ostracized?
Old Quebec City is amazing! I highly recommend seeing it. You'll feel like you're in Europe with the old cobblestone streets, the people are wonderful and the scenery is gorgeous. It was a fortified town so the stone walls still enclose it. If you stay at the Hilton, you can walk over to the village. It's my favourite place to stay. If you can afford it, Le Chateau Frontenac is stunning and steeped in history.