Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39231 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
Burn more stuff :flamer:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

:woohoo:

I love burning stuff!!!!!1
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »
My mum is coming to visit us in a little over a week. I've known this for weeks by now, but it's still stressing me up. What's worse, we'll only get a few days of rest after my mum before some friends will stay over the weekend. Two adults, FOUR kids. :GA:

Yikes you'll need those new painkillers  :zombiefuck:

Yes, I know. :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
probably nowt - it's gonna be pissing down  :thumbdn:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

We are having some people over.

OMFG!! NO!! NOT THAT,  PLEASE,  NOT PEOPLE OVER - EVER!!!!

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I am going to meet the parents and cook for them all, tomorrow.    :yikes:

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.

'kay, so how am I supposed to keep some stranger off my "record player."   I fucking can not tolerate some stranger thinking that, for even one instant, that they can see my cool stuff.

My house is my own and my cool stuff is out where it can be seen if someone hits my fucking door. I can not have any one hit my fucking door!~

~~~ <enforces deep breathing upon self>

I am sure that I am not completely without peer in these xenophobiaic reservations. Please, some one speak up!

I can not be the only one who does NOT want strangers in their house, FFS!!!

goddamnit

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

How did their visit go, DirtDawg?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »
My mum is coming to visit us in a little over a week. I've known this for weeks by now, but it's still stressing me up. What's worse, we'll only get a few days of rest after my mum before some friends will stay over the weekend. Two adults, FOUR kids. :GA:

A tent in the garden might take away most of the stress of the kids. Two tents might take care of a bit of the hardship of the adults visiting too.  (assuming you have a garden)

Yeah, that's it! Make all the guests camp out in the yard every night like that family on Hoarders  that had the bedbug problem!  :idea:

To ensure their cooperation, tell them you have an actual bedbug problem! That'll work! :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »
It was about what I expected.

I was on my best "behavior."  
I was already exhausted from work.
My mind and my body were about to shut down from already having too much exposure to strangers (I needed to have some ME time when I came from work, but instead, I sat there and tried to carry on a boring conversation, as all my external sensory abilities began to involuntarily turn off all external stimuli and engage total shut down mode. It was almost as torturing to feel a DEAD DAY coming on in slow motion as to wake up in a "new world," as what normally happened when I used to drink my self to sleep after such a rough time.  

I am actually still mostly numb, numb, all over, but I can smell into next week ( normally my first sense to return after this level of over exposure - this is an unrelated concern, however,  with which I am also trying to cope or dope or NOPE!  This is actually good news, meaning that this DEAD DAY shit is already subsiding even though my entire sensory system is calling upon just the one sense alone for information).

I was trying my best to NOT fuck things up up for my daughter  She NEEDS another "friend," seriously!

We all seemed to do OK.

(My main regret of all of the bad parts, is that once it was all over and I had a bit of time to once again try to externalize, I began to realize just how bad off I was - can not feel any of my tactile senses, everything smells like my own lungs, can barely decipher anything that my over-sensitive ears are being bombarded with - and how long it was going to take me to to recover, I vented a lot of my fear, distrust and anxiety and fear upon my dear sweet wife.  She did not deserve to suffer this horrible travesty.  
(You want to know how strong and supportive my wife is when she knows that one of us needs it? Instead of taking a perfect opportunity to make me feel weak and like a failure, she hugged me, thanked me for the effort I had made for our daughter and asked me if I needed to say any moremore before we go to bed. I love this woman!)

I did my best to not make too many mistakes, socially. I was trying to not fuck it up for my daughter, but now I am paying the price.
(thank fuck in a bucket for Chrome's spellcheck -  :hahaha:)

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »
It was about what I expected.

I was on my best "behavior."  
I was already exhausted from work.
My mind and my body were about to shut down from already having too much exposure to strangers (I needed to have some ME time when I came from work, but instead, I sat there and tried to carry on a boring conversation, as all my external sensory abilities began to involuntarily turn off all external stimuli and engage total shut down mode. It was almost as torturing to feel a DEAD DAY coming on in slow motion as to wake up in a "new world," as what normally happened when I used to drink my self to sleep after such a rough time.  

I am actually still mostly numb, numb, all over, but I can smell into next week ( normally my first sense to return after this level of over exposure - this is an unrelated concern, however,  with which I am also trying to cope or dope or NOPE!  This is actually good news, meaning that this DEAD DAY shit is already subsiding even though my entire sensory system is calling upon just the one sense alone for information).

I was trying my best to NOT fuck things up up for my daughter  She NEEDS another "friend," seriously!

We all seemed to do OK.

(My main regret of all of the bad parts, is that once it was all over and I had a bit of time to once again try to externalize, I began to realize just how bad off I was - can not feel any of my tactile senses, everything smells like my own lungs, can barely decipher anything that my over-sensitive ears are being bombarded with - and how long it was going to take me to to recover, I vented a lot of my fear, distrust and anxiety and fear upon my dear sweet wife.  She did not deserve to suffer this horrible travesty.  
(You want to know how strong and supportive my wife is when she knows that one of us needs it? Instead of taking a perfect opportunity to make me feel weak and like a failure, she hugged me, thanked me for the effort I had made for our daughter and asked me if I needed to say any moremore before we go to bed. I love this woman!)

I did my best to not make too many mistakes, socially. I was trying to not fuck it up for my daughter, but now I am paying the price.
(thank fuck in a bucket for Chrome's spellcheck -  :hahaha:)

I'm glad that it's getting better now even though it was very difficult for you.  What did you think of your daughter's new friend's parents?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:42 PM »

He wants to do more stuff with me.

I think he is not that sharp, tries way too hard to hide the fact and also tries too hard to make people think he is fun to be around.

I do not like him, aside from his being a stranger.

His wife is bossy, a bit smarter than he, not as pushy to force social niceties upon strangers, but absolutely controlling of the entire family

I do not like her, aside from her being a stranger.
 :hahaha:

I do not want to fuck things up for my daughter, so I will deal with more of these people, but I am thinking that a picnic in the park when rain is expected is preferable to another evening on MY back deck!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:54:08 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2010, 10:49:17 PM »

He wants to do more stuff with me.

I think he is not that sharp, tries way too hard to hide the fact and also tries too hard to make people think he is fun to be around.

I do not like him, aside from his being a stranger.

His wife is bossy, a bit smarter than he, not as pushy to force social niceties upon strangers, but absolutely controlling of the entire family

I do not like her, aside from her being a stranger.
 :hahaha:

I do not want to fuck things up for my daughter, so I will deal with more of these people, but I am thinking that a picnic in the park when rain is expected is preferable to another evening on MY back deck!

Can you handle an evening on their back deck better than another one on yours?

Which one of them wants to get to know the parents of their daughter's friends?  I think it actually makes a lot of sense to get to know the people your child will spend time around but that doesn't make it any easier, does it?

Some of the best picnics I have ever had have been picnics in the rain.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2010, 01:52:43 AM »

A tent in the garden might take away most of the stress of the kids. Two tents might take care of a bit of the hardship of the adults visiting too.  (assuming you have a garden)

Yeah, that's it! Make all the guests camp out in the yard every night like that family on Hoarders  that had the bedbug problem!  :idea:

To ensure their cooperation, tell them you have an actual bedbug problem! That'll work! :2thumbsup:

Actually, not having a garden works, too. They'll just have to take the tents elsewhere. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »
I have another exam tomorrow. It is the last one thankfully. Then I will come home and probably finish the washing.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
Work as usual.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Go to the dump and as much stuff outside before it starts raining then move indoors and work on flea market stuff or basement hoard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »
Have a chaotic day with different schedules of the girls.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!