Author Topic: So, who's Irish?  (Read 1143 times)

Scrapheap

Re: So, who's Irish?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

A lot of Catholics are retarded, though. This coming from a former one.  :orly:

A lot of Christians are retarded, not just the Catholics. This coming someone who was raised fundamentalist Baptist.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
My father's side of the family is supposedly 100% Irish.   I don't do anything at all to celebrate St. Patrick's usually.    My dad's family is Irish Catholic too haha.

why do you put that retarded laugh at the end of everything you write haha
I have to laugh at Catholicism in general, not just the Irish part of it.   I don't put "haha" at the end of everything I write, but I will try to do it more often if it really annoys you.   

It does mean something if your family is Irish Catholic in regards to St. Patrick's day, since it is a holiday based on Catholicism.    I think Catholics, their holidays and their traditions are "haha" if not "LOL" worthy.    The Catholic church is retarded.
the catholic churches tenets are based on lies. that does not make the people who follow the faith retarded by any means. just misinformed.

I was raised catholic so I can state these views. if you are not catholic, shut the fuck up
I am more than a bit familiar with Catholicism, since both sides of my family are mostly Catholic.  I can also say whatever the fuck I want about Catholicism.   People that ARE Catholic are the ones that need to shut the fuck up.   They need to STFU and read more about their "religion".

People that don't even read the book correctly, then follow a religion that fails in its own comprehension of said book are retarded in a non-literal sense imo.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:43 PM »

A lot of Catholics are retarded, though. This coming from a former one.  :orly:

A lot of Christians are retarded, not just the Catholics. This coming someone who was raised fundamentalist Baptist.
Which in your opinion has a better grasp on the Bible's message in your opinion?   Catholicism or fundamentalist Baptists?   I think that if Catholicism wasn't so much about all the other BS (which is probably the only interesting part of the religion) it would be closer to what is correct as far as what the Bible says.

It is all bullshit to me anyways. If you are going to have a religion based on a book that is supposedly the word of an omnipotent creator, why would you even follow a religion that greatly misinforms people on the truth and picks and chooses from its words to suit its own agenda?   Why follow any church led by humans, as they are the ones that fuck up religion the most?

I was raised in a Southern Baptist (somewhat fundamental) Church.   As much as I dislike a lot about that particular Church, at least they tried to take things in context.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:24 PM »
Hey Shleed, have you ever considered photojournalism as your career path? Pretty neat photos I must say. I was being sincere about that question, because I can envision the BBC or any other news agency, using such photos if an article requires them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:27:41 PM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.