Educational

Author Topic: Thread that GA cannot lock. Debate continued in here. GA's Diaper time...  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
i agree, but it works both ways

just as autistic people shouldnt be expected to be exactly like NTs (whatever that entails), gay people shouldnt be expected to live as straight people

people should be free to be themselves as long as they're not harming anyone else.
if people accepted that more, then it'd be a lot easier for ALL groups, including autistic people

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
since when did we not have the right to a job, eductaion etc?
yes we experience more problems and have more obstacles to overcome to get there, but tough shit - AS is a disability whether you like it or not. more should be done to help autistic people get jobs etc, yeah. but it's hardly like there's a law against it. you can't just expect people to leave everything on a plate for you because of your AS - grow up and take some responsibility for these things yourself like other people here do (plenty have jobs and degrees)
The obstacles should not be there - it should be no more difficult for us to get into places than it should be for anyone else. This is something that collectively we could do something about, if only some people would fight the more sensible battles.
as for that crap about giving us more social expectations... again, tough shit. it's hardly just gay people and trans people who are doing that. EVERYONE in society contributes to this kinda thing. again, that's just part of the problem with having AS. more should be done to help, yes. but you can't fucking expect everyone else to make your life perfect just for you
LGBT people are espically problematic in this - they have added a whole new set for no good reason whatsoever. People who create uncessary social expecations or enforce them need to be punished for doing so, it is the way forward.

how is your situation any worse than, say, a gay man being forced to live his life alone or with a women? (which is what you're expecting them to do)
Find me a gay person in the UK being forced to do this.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
GA isn't claiming to be physically female...
Oh - so if I decided tomorrow to copy black culture, I would not be derided? And rightly so.
shouldn't someone be able to act/dress however they want (assuming it's not harming anyone else)?

No - because that just adds to the social expecations that we are expected to comply with.
It is another piece of hassle to get around.

Freedom is finite, I would rather have more important freedoms. Like for example, right to a job, right to education, right to respect. You know, the fundementals we haven't quite got.

For lots of people who are faceblind, the diversity in dressing and behaviour is only helpful.
Not really, people change clothes. Gait works on the other hand as a trick around this (asides in five/ten years I doubt faceblindness would need anything more than a pair of contacts)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
yes we experience more problems and have more obstacles to overcome to get there, but tough shit - AS is a disability whether you like it or not. more should be done to help autistic people get jobs etc, yeah. but it's hardly like there's a law against it. you can't just expect people to leave everything on a plate for you because of your AS - grow up and take some responsibility for these things yourself like other people here do (plenty have jobs and degrees)

as for that crap about giving us more social expectations... again, tough shit. it's hardly just gay people and trans people who are doing that. EVERYONE in society contributes to this kinda thing. again, that's just part of the problem with having AS. more should be done to help, yes. but you can't fucking expect everyone else to make your life perfect just for you

how is your situation any worse than, say, a gay man being forced to live his life alone or with a women? (which is what you're expecting them to do)

I had completely forgotten that to Hadron AS is not a disability (aside from society induced problems).
I have never said it wasn't one. But I hope in the future to be saying otherwise.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
The obstacles should not be there - it should be no more difficult for us to get into places than it should be for anyone else. This is something that collectively we could do something about, if only some people would fight the more sensible battles.
LGBT people are espically problematic in this - they have added a whole new set for no good reason whatsoever. People who create uncessary social expecations or enforce them need to be punished for doing so, it is the way forward.

idiot
you are missing the point again
that is what YOU are expecting gay people to do - how is that not as bad as what you're complaining happens to you?
the obstacles should not be there? well sorry mate, this is real life. AS is a disability. a disability you can work around and overcome in some situations, yes. but a disability nevertheless

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

Hardly - most people with AS off the internet share my view on this. I2 or any other online site is hardly representative of people with AS, by any margin.
Oh, pardon me- I hadn't realized a bunch of people from the internet agreed with you.

:duh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

idiot
you are missing the point again
that is what YOU are expecting gay people to do - how is that not as bad as what you're complaining happens to you?
All they have to do is not say that they are gay in interview. Not at all difficult. Hiding AS in an interview on the other hand - very difficult.
the obstacles should not be there? well sorry mate, this is real life. AS is a disability. a disability you can work around and overcome in some situations, yes. but a disability nevertheless
I recognise the reality - it doesn't mean that it cannot or should not be changed. The problem is the lack of self-respect among our lot, something that if resolved will allow for the rest of the problem to be solved.

On the other hand, you don't even recognise the fact of your own biology. Who is not being realistic here?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.

Hardly - most people with AS off the internet share my view on this. I2 or any other online site is hardly representative of people with AS, by any margin.
Oh, pardon me- I hadn't realized a bunch of people from the internet agreed with you.

I still like to know how diverse the group of aspies is that he knows offline.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
On the other hand, you don't even recognise the fact of your own biology. Who is not being realistic here?

don't I?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

The fact that it's a group automatically makes it a biased sample.  If it's a group of aspies at a college, a thousand times moreso.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.

The fact that it's a group automatically makes it a biased sample.  If it's a group of aspies at a college, a thousand times moreso.
A group of aspies at a collage, from similar backgrounds and schooling/upbringing, will multiply it a hundred times upon that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

I know people well outside college - I know most NAS councillors for instance. My sample is very wide.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
::sigh::
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
hardon is friends with Elvis AND Jesus

TheoK

:agreed: