Author Topic: Obamacare Bill passes  (Read 1095 times)

Offline johnH

• Fresh Meat
Re: Obamacare Bill passes
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 05:23:45 AM »
This is worse so much worse I’ve heard about it basically now we have to get insurance I don’t want to ever get life insurance I’d rather pay for directly for the inheritance.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 06:39:32 AM »
This is worse so much worse I’ve heard about it basically now we have to get insurance I don’t want to ever get life insurance I’d rather pay for directly for the inheritance.

You aren't required to purchase life insurance; it's only medical insurance that you're required to purchase, which is something entirely different from life insurance.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Osensitive1

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »
What I wanted was nationalized health care that would put health insurance companies out of business, but this is not what we have. 
The idea of a government monopoly on health insurance sits very ill with some.

I don't understand why private health care insurance companies should be preferred. After all, we've (hopefully) elected the government but we have no way of influencing the health care industry, in any way.

Not saying private or government insurance is preferred, but rather the options. Would most likely have a more positive outlook at this point in time if the recent actions by congress were to first focus on this option, rather than first lay the groundwork of legal mandates and putting the screws to private insurance companies. These things do give the appearance of a purpose other than public "option". Personally have taken no side on the issue as it's impossible to have an informed opinion. The America public really knows no more than you on the subject, if the truth be told.

TheoK

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
I don't like the state, but I trust the state more than private companies. State healthcare is a civil right here, not a privilege.

Osensitive1

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »
A national government worthy of the trust of those they govern, now there's a concept.

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
A national government worthy of the trust of those they govern, now there's a concept.

Will never happen. Though I trust private companies even less, at least the big and powerful ones.

DukeNukem

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
 :thumbdn: :finger:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 06:07:20 AM »

The basic idea of democracy. Flawed, I know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein