Author Topic: Discuss GalileoAce  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Discuss GalileoAce
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
It is a bit of a fucked up journey, especially if you don't make a very good looking female. The fact remains though, we all have to do what makes each of us happy, individually. As long as its not killing anyone or taking away anyone else's freedom... whats it gonna hurt?
Happiness comes from within.   If you aren't content with what you were born with, chances are that you won't be content if you change.   Money, power, etc... do not make people happy.   It isn't what you do that makes you happy, it is your outlook on life that does.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
I don't think Soph was talking about DNA.
That is all that matters.  People can't hide from their DNA. Fooling yourself into thinking that you are something that you are not is the opposite of reality.   

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2010, 09:15:26 AM »
I wasn't talking about DNA, no. Obviously their genetic parents are elsewhere, in the same wat that GA is technically male. But if you're raised by Person X, then Persin X uis your parent. I have people in my family who are technically not related to me. I still consider them family tho because they were raised by my family and we grew up together.Gender is the same imo. If you'reliving as a woman and identify as a woman,then you're a woman.
The people that raise you do the parenting, but they aren't your biological parents.   

You can live as a robot and identify yourself as a robot, does not mean that you are a robot though.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »
and you can tell me I'm not X,Y or Z and I can not give a shit what you think  :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:03 AM »
That is all that matters.  People can't hide from their DNA. Fooling yourself into thinking that you are something that you are not is the opposite of reality.   

:agreed:

Scrapheap

« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »

:agreed:

X2

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
and you can tell me I'm not X,Y or Z and I can not give a shit what you think  :zoinks:
That is what perception is all about.   As long as it doesn't get to you and you remain happy and content, you should be fine.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »

It's not about hiding from your DNA. I believe it's about interpreting the data that is there differently.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »
The people that raise you do the parenting, but they aren't your biological parents.   

What's the difference, from a practical point of view, if the adoptive parents did it basically from day one?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
That is what perception is all about.   As long as it doesn't get to you and you remain happy and content, you should be fine.

you seem to be under the impression that trans people choose hormones and/or surgery because of other people's perception of them/

Osensitive1

« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
This thread is waxing all abstract and philosophic, or maybe it's just Alex doing that.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
Editing your birth certificate in the case of adoption is also a lie.   Basically trying to reverse who your real parents are and change it to some people who adopted you and not your real birth parents.   The legal purposes are another thing entirely, and are also complete bullshit.
Lol, well, if we're going to start talking about questions of morals, ethics, and what's right, why the hell are we talking about a legal document (or any part of the legal/governmental system)?

Besides, wouldn't the government still keep the original copy of the birth certificate, and simply file revised copies along side it?
They usually keep stuff like that, at least here in the US I would think they do.    I doubt they would destroy his original birth certificate just to make him feel better about himself.
I want to find my original one and frame it.  (If I could have it reinstated that would also be super cool, though I doubt it would actually happen.)

The problem here is that you're basically forcing your partner to change their sexual orientation since you have changed sex. Why should people need to do that? If you're not into a particular sex, then it shouldn't be a crime for doing so.
When the hell did this turn into GA forcing Ren to be a lesbian?  I thought he was forcing her to make an extremely difficult choice (essentially, to live, no matter what, in some far-less-than-ideal scenario).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:09:38 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »

you seem to be under the impression that trans people choose hormones and/or surgery because of other people's perception of them/
That is all gender is about, perception, so yes they do.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »

It's not about hiding from your DNA. I believe it's about interpreting the data that is there differently.
Changing the parents on your birth certificate would not only be rejecting the birth parents (DNA), but also crediting the people that raise/raised you.    I think it is great to credit the people that chose to adopt and raise a child, but doing so on the birth certificate is a lie.   It isn't like the child came out of the adoptive mother.   The birth certificate is about your BIRTH, not who raises you.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »

What's the difference, from a practical point of view, if the adoptive parents did it basically from day one?
They had no role in giving birth or actually making the baby.   This isn't a parents that raised me certificate, or a gender I changed to certificate.   It is about birth and what the status of a person was at that time.   This isn't a difficult concept.