Author Topic: Discuss GalileoAce  (Read 8885 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Discuss GalileoAce
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »
That sounds reasonable.
BTW, I haven't said this before, but I think you're  :viking: both for doing this and talking openly about it. People have weird ideas about sexuality and think that if you're born as one sex then God or the FSM meant it that way. The idea that mistakes can be made is too much for their mainframes. But this aspect of sexuality is something that needs to be talked about. Full disclosure: I knew a guy who was much happier once he started becoming she.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:02:57 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

GalileoAce

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2010, 07:05:36 AM »
That sounds reasonable.

I am covered under the government's Medicare PBS (pharmaceuticals benefits scheme), hence why the Spiro is $5.40. And I get the progynova cheap too...for some reason.

Normally it would've been
Spiro (100mg)(100) - $30.32
Estrogen (1mg)(56x3) - $20.80

BTW, I haven't said this before, but I think you're  :viking: both for doing this and talking openly about it. People have weird ideas about sexuality and think that if you're born as one sex than God or the FSM meant it that way. The idea that mistakes can be made is too much for their mainframes. But this is something that needs to be talked about. I knew a guy who was much happier once he started becoming she.

Thank you :)

I'm certainly alot happier than I have ever been before... Kinda like living your whole life in shadows and then suddenly someone opens the blinds. It's a bit startling to realise that the times I felt happy previously were but a glimmer. Or something...  :asthing:

In Sweden the state pays.
Just pretend you're an Arab or Serb or sumpthin, and you'll get a gender change and a citizenship for free.

:eyebrow: Really?

TheoK

« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
The state pays for your gender change, yes. And it's pretty easy to get a Swedish citizenship or at least a permanent permit to stay.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2010, 07:23:05 AM »
Damn. All they need to do is amend their gun and drug laws and I'll sign up in a hot second. I always wanted to have dual citizenship. We're all citizens of the world/universe, anyway.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2010, 08:46:36 AM »
BION, I went to Hulu to check out last week's Family Guy and the topic du jour was Quagmire's dad getting sexual reassignment surgery. It's that usual blend of hilarity mixed with honesty, esp. people's reactions. Here it is: http://www.hulu.com/watch/144903/family-guy-quagmires-dad#s-p1-so-i0

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
Consider how much attention you were getting before you decided to do anything about this verses how much attention you are getting now.

I think you are enjoying the attention more than anything.

Osensitive1

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
Hello again.

GalileoAce

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2010, 07:06:11 PM »
Consider how much attention you were getting before you decided to do anything about this verses how much attention you are getting now.

I won't lie; that certainly is a possibility.

But it does contrast against the fact I used to hate attention...Or most types of attention. For example, when playing hockey when I scored a goal (an albeit infrequent occurrence) I used to be very embarrassed by all the cheering and "good on ya's" I'd get from the crowd or team mates.

Things have changed in me. I'm more open and more social-able. There's a dress-up party I'm going to later this month that I'm absolutely psyched for. This is the kind of party I would've said no thanks to only a a year or two ago.

I can only think either I'm going insane and making shit up, or the hormones are making emotional changes that resonate within me. Or that I'm just enjoying the fact most of my friends now call me Kayleigh and generally treat me as a girl.

So yes, a definite possibility, but it's different sorts of attention.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
I say good on you for following your heart and I hope it all works out well for you. I have to admit, I don't really feel any strong sense of gender identity myself, so I find it hard to imagine what it must be like to be born one gender but feel such a strong sense of gender identity towards the opposite gender that you would choose to make the change.
 :plus: for being brave enough to talk about it and risk nasty replies, because I find the whole issue interesting. :thumbup:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »

I won't lie; that certainly is a possibility.

But it does contrast against the fact I used to hate attention...Or most types of attention. For example, when playing hockey when I scored a goal (an albeit infrequent occurrence) I used to be very embarrassed by all the cheering and "good on ya's" I'd get from the crowd or team mates.

Things have changed in me. I'm more open and more social-able. There's a dress-up party I'm going to later this month that I'm absolutely psyched for. This is the kind of party I would've said no thanks to only a a year or two ago.

I can only think either I'm going insane and making shit up, or the hormones are making emotional changes that resonate within me. Or that I'm just enjoying the fact most of my friends now call me Kayleigh and generally treat me as a girl.

So yes, a definite possibility, but it's different sorts of attention.

It could be the crowd you are getting attention from. In your new circle of friends, you could be higher up the pecking order compared to the general population. Plus there is the medical attention from doctors and shrinks.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »
Plus there is the medical attention from doctors and shrinks.

could say the same thing about your AS :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2010, 12:37:04 AM »

We are all attention-seekers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »

I currently see no medical personal over my AS and haven't for at least 5 years. So no, you can't say the same thing about my AS.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2010, 04:52:59 AM »

We are all attention-seekers.

:asthing: :notes: :soph: :notes: :asthing: I'm not! :asthing: :notes: :soph: :notes: :asthing:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:00:47 AM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

GalileoAce

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »
It could be the crowd you are getting attention from. In your new circle of friends, you could be higher up the pecking order compared to the general population. Plus there is the medical attention from doctors and shrinks.

:eyebrow: I don't see my relationship with my friends in that way. That's...a bit competitive. I don't compete with my friends, I just share their company, we are all equals in my eyes, and I believe they share the same view.

Yes, I enjoy seeing my psychologist because she is someone I can talk to about the good and the bad in my life. I can say I could probably do without seeing my psychiatrist but I have to see him every now and then. And the endocrinologist is a good idea to see, but I certainly don't relish the full body physicals...

What are you getting at anyway?