Author Topic: a differnet adventure  (Read 173 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
a differnet adventure
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:47 AM »
life is an adventure.
i have enjoyed the adventure with my wife and three chikdren.  especially my wife.  it is everything.  the decisions that we make together.  the children that we have had.  their lives.  the highs and the lows.

sometimes i just wonder how the adventure would have been different if i had knocked up and married one of the other women that i had enjoyed prior to her.  i wonder if it would have lasted.  i wonder if her parents would have been a better support system.  i wonder if our roles would have changes.

sometimes i wonder about the differnet adventure that my life would have had if things had been different.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: a differnet adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:25:37 AM »
Indeed. I used to think this way too. I had the chance to have an affair with a really good sort when I was working for a bank. My wife was looking after my newborn son and not overly exciting and she seemed everything my wife simply wasn't. We had a Sundowner (Christmas work do) organised. I made assurances I would attend to this girl. She said she would wear something nice. I found a better job and kept in semi contact with her. Far as I know she attended the Sundowner. I decided not. I had a wife and child. Things went to shit with the wife (now ex) and I often wondered about the what ifs in me throwing cation to the wind.

I know that same choices again and knowing the result I would probably still make the identical decisions.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:32:36 AM »
Indeed. I used to think this way too. I had the chance to have an affair with a really good sort when I was working for a bank. My wife was looking after my newborn son and not overly exciting and she seemed everything my wife simply wasn't. We had a Sundowner (Christmas work do) organised. I made assurances I would attend to this girl. She said she would wear something nice. I found a better job and kept in semi contact with her. Far as I know she attended the Sundowner. I decided not. I had a wife and child. Things went to shit with the wife (now ex) and I often wondered about the what ifs in me throwing cation to the wind.

I know that same choices again and knowing the result I would probably still make the identical decisions.
yeah, i wouldn't cheat on my wife since she isn't cool  with it.

it is just that recently i made contact with the girl that i dated just before i met my wife.  she was awesome.  perfect for me in every way.  but she had to quit college and move back home (northern california) because of some medical condition that i forget about.  we traveled to see each other several times for about six months.  meanwhile, at the three month point i started casually seeing my current wife.  after six months the other girl sent me a dear john letter saying that she had gotten pregnant by another guy and was preparing to marry.
a few months later i knocked up my wife and did the same thing.

good news is that she is still married with three children, just like me.  and is happy, just like me.  i just wonder if chance had looked differently at us if we could have been equally, if not happier, than we are now.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »

yeah, i wouldn't cheat on my wife since she isn't cool  with it.

it is just that recently i made contact with the girl that i dated just before i met my wife.  she was awesome.  perfect for me in every way.  but she had to quit college and move back home (northern california) because of some medical condition that i forget about.  we traveled to see each other several times for about six months.  meanwhile, at the three month point i started casually seeing my current wife.  after six months the other girl sent me a dear john letter saying that she had gotten pregnant by another guy and was preparing to marry.
a few months later i knocked up my wife and did the same thing.

good news is that she is still married with three children, just like me.  and is happy, just like me.  i just wonder if chance had looked differently at us if we could have been equally, if not happier, than we are now.

It was probably a mistake to make contact perhaps?

I've tried to live my life without regrets...although I've made some decent mistakes. I try to comfort myself with the fact that I am still here, alive and living a reasonable life. I'm happy with the journey. It's always good to think that the grass is always greener, but I doubt it is.

If you feed these thoughts, they will grow into discontent. And you've already said you will never leave your wife. There's no point putting energy into what could have been.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
you are probably right.
Misunderstood.