Author Topic: hello?  (Read 5097 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: hello?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Couldbecousin and I joined on the same day.  It is a revelation and trip down the past to re-read my first posts and the answers to them.  I'm glad ya'll took a chance with me, I'm definitely not shy now. 

The Queen hails all Intensity members.

:respect:   Lots of little mes.

So sorry to have missed the six month celebrations yesterday.

I'll be drinking a nice cup of tea to your health Your Highness.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
I think it would be amusing to re-read your (general membership, not specifically you) first posts to see how much (if any) you've changed.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
I think it would be amusing to re-read your (general membership, not specifically you) first posts to see how much (if any) you've changed.
:laugh:
So true.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

I don't think I would want to re-read my old posts? :LOL:
After all, I think I mellowed the more I posted and the more comfortable I felt really.

I still can't believe I entered as The_Muffin_Guy.

Care for a free muffin? :laugh:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »

After all, I think I mellowed the more I posted and the more comfortable I felt really.

You forgot the "stud" part, The_Stud_Muffin_Guy.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »

You forgot the "stud" part, The_Stud_Muffin_Guy.

:LOL: I should of included that plus with a hint of spice.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
Couldbecousin and I joined on the same day.  It is a revelation and trip down the past to re-read my first posts and the answers to them.  I'm glad ya'll took a chance with me, I'm definitely not shy now. 

The Queen hails all Intensity members.

:respect:   Lots of little mes.

It is wonderful to have you here, you are wise and funny, and a fitting Queen too!  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2010, 08:08:13 PM »

Here is one of my first posts where I argued against having a karma system.

I posted this already, but I need to post it here as well.  I think this karma system is a bad thing.  I think it is like stepping back into high school, with the little cliques and popularity contests.  Here it is who wants applauding and who wants smiting but it is the same thing, from my point-of-view.  I could never understand high school cliques so it never made much difference to me whether or not I was popular.  All I wanted to do was learn well and get good grades so I could get a scholarship to attend college, since there was no way I could have afforded it otherwise.  I attended college on a National Merit Scholarship and I was glad to leave high school behind.  I fail to understand why some people want this karma system.  Perhaps they want to poke fun at the high school mentality.  I don't know, but you have to be careful when you fight monsters that you don't become a monster yourself. 

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »

I posted this already, but I need to post it here as well.  I think this karma system is a bad thing.  I think it is like stepping back into high school, with the little cliques and popularity contests.  Here it is who wants applauding and who wants smiting but it is the same thing, from my point-of-view.  I could never understand high school cliques so it never made much difference to me whether or not I was popular.  All I wanted to do was learn well and get good grades so I could get a scholarship to attend college, since there was no way I could have afforded it otherwise.  I attended college on a National Merit Scholarship and I was glad to leave high school behind.  I fail to understand why some people want this karma system.  Perhaps they want to poke fun at the high school mentality.  I don't know, but you have to be careful when you fight monsters that you don't become a monster yourself. 

So earnest!  :orly:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »

:plus: For being  :viking: enough to become a monster Callaway.  :zoinks: :2thumbsup:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »

:plus: For being  :viking: enough to become a monster Callaway.  :zoinks: :2thumbsup:

You're absolutely right.  I have become a karma monster.  Of course I took the whole karma system more seriously then than I do now.

P7PSP

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »

You're absolutely right.  I have become a karma monster.  Of course I took the whole karma system more seriously then than I do now.
I did get a laugh out of that post, had I been a member when you wrote it I probably would have agreed with it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »
Within a month or two of posting I decided as it was New Years I would get blind drunk and do a call out on both Pea and Calandale.  :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2010, 08:34:55 PM »
Within a month or two of posting I decided as it was New Years I would get blind drunk and do a call out on both Pea and Calandale.  :thumbup:

How did that turn out?  :laugh:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »
Nice going Sir_Les.  :thumbup: