Start here > What's your crime? Basic Discussion

Beyond furious: I think I may have been wronged

(1/4) > >>

jman:
I am to upset and in total shock to re post what happened however I did post it on another forum

here's the URL:
http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151214

I feel I may have been the victim of employment discrimination based on disabilty like I said I am in no state to re post the detail so follow the URL. I will probably be contacting the EEOC soon.

purposefulinsanity:
FFS no wonder you're fuming  >:(  Unfortunately I know nothing about the law in the US, but I would think that with a temp job they can fire you whenever they like.  I would go and get legal advice about them lying about you to the agency, but unfortunately I would see it as being their word against yours,and if they're willing to lie like that, they've probably got a couple of staff members who will back up the lie.

I am really sorry to hear about this, it really does fucking suck.

How did your conversation with the agency go?  Did they seem to believe you?

jman:

--- Quote ---How did your conversation with the agency go?  Did they seem to believe you?
--- End quote ---

It seemed like she actually believed I fell asleep on which is so not true and total fucking bullshit. I never fall asleep on the job and I always stay focused. According to the ADA I may have the right to attorney's fees which could prompt an investigation into my claim.

lilia:
Which state were you working in?  Some states are considered "at-will" employment, others may have different laws.

I had to work in Human Resources for a while, so I'll help with whatever I know.

purposefulinsanity:

--- Quote from: jman on September 12, 2006, 06:11:09 PM ---
--- Quote ---How did your conversation with the agency go?  Did they seem to believe you?
--- End quote ---

It seemed like she actually believed I fell asleep on which is so not true and total fucking bullshit. I never fall asleep on the job and I always stay focused. According to the ADA I may have the right to attorney's fees which could prompt an investigation into my claim.

--- End quote ---

That sucks even more- are you signed up with any more agencies?  If not I suggest you do because they may be reluctant to send you out to another job if they believe that lie.

I'm assuming that you were up-front with the agency about your AS- they way the employers have treated you suggests to me that perhaps the agency weren't  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version