Educational

Author Topic: Tigger_the_Wing's intro thread  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Tigger_the_Wing's intro thread
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 01:40:45 AM »
Thanks, Kit!

Poor Les, I can just imagine it (is that why the pillows were soggy after your last overnight stay?  ??? )

Ummm....yes.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

(I hope it was either that or my nocturnal drooling. Anything other than that and I need brain bleach)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56:01 AM »
Hi Tigger,

Do you really have your own plane?

I ask this because an old dear friend (RIP Bill) used tohave a plane in his backyard. Until his wife made him choose between it and the Quonset hut.
Where he stored (amongst many, MANY other things) the parts for assembling a 1926 Model T.

But that's a whole slew of stories for other times....

:welcome:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
  • I love my GoldWing ("Tigger")
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 03:07:24 AM »
Not a plane, no. A GoldWing is merely a rather large motocycle (see my avvie pic). I love flying but could never get enough money together to afford the hours needed for a pilot's license and now I'm not well enough to be in charge of anything more powerful than a bicycle.  :'(
Stopped bouncing round the world. Arrived home.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 03:17:14 AM »
Not a plane, no. A GoldWing is merely a rather large motocycle (see my avvie pic). I love flying but could never get enough money together to afford the hours needed for a pilot's license and now I'm not well enough to be in charge of anything more powerful than a bicycle.  :'(
  :( :hug:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
Hi Tigger,

Do you really have your own plane?

I ask this because an old dear friend (RIP Bill) used tohave a plane in his backyard. Until his wife made him choose between it and the Quonset hut.
Where he stored (amongst many, MANY other things) the parts for assembling a 1926 Model T.

But that's a whole slew of stories for other times....

:welcome:

My sister-in-law's dad has a small airplane in his backyard out in the country and he built himself a hangar and an airstrip for it.  He and his wife also built a very nice house for themselves out of the trees that were on the property.  My brother and sister-in-law bought the house and the land it sits on from them when the stairs got to be too much for her mom to handle anymore and they live in it now.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 09:15:24 AM »
Sup tig. Can you not wait for civil war or what? I MEAN COME ON!
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
Sup tig. Can you not wait for civil war or what? I MEAN COME ON!

???

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »
welcome tigger.  i hope you enjoy yourself.

....let me think of a topic that tigger will find offensive.
Misunderstood.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
welcome tigger.  i hope you enjoy yourself.

....let me think of a topic that tigger will find offensive.

:lol:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 12:43:31 AM »
:hide:

I didn't mean to be a nag about the introductory-thread thing, and meant no criticism; honest! I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked it if there had been one. Uhhh, I'm Aspie that way? :eyelash:

Anyway, welcome again! I'm also an married older female Aspie living in Australia who didn't originally come from there (Canadian-born, myself). One of the foremen in one of the places I used to work owned a Honda Gold Wing, and we all drooled a little bit whenever we went past it in the parking lot. In a previous thread here on Intensity, I was telling how my husband decided that he and I should not get Ducatis as part of our midlife crisis, and it was suggested that I should immediately have filed for divorce.... Or forcibly dragged him to a Ducati dealership on the spot, perhaps. ;D

My first impressions of I^2 were inaccurate; anyone with a rhino hide and a sense of humour can find a lot to enjoy here. Make yourself at home!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:46:33 AM by SleepyDragon »

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 03:15:28 AM »
:hide:

I didn't mean to be a nag about the introductory-thread thing, and meant no criticism; honest! I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked it if there had been one. Uhhh, I'm Aspie that way? :eyelash:

Anyway, welcome again! I'm also an married older female Aspie living in Australia who didn't originally come from there (Canadian-born, myself). One of the foremen in one of the places I used to work owned a Honda Gold Wing, and we all drooled a little bit whenever we went past it in the parking lot. In a previous thread here on Intensity, I was telling how my husband decided that he and I should not get Ducatis as part of our midlife crisis, and it was suggested that I should immediately have filed for divorce.... Or forcibly dragged him to a Ducati dealership on the spot, perhaps. ;D

My first impressions of I^2 were inaccurate; anyone with a rhino hide and a sense of humour can find a lot to enjoy here. Make yourself at home!

No need to cower, I wasn't feeling nagged (and certainly wouldn't retaliate if I did) - I just like to exaggerate the "Oops, I've made another social faux pas…" thing! (Because it ultimately doesn't matter, on the internet, but I do like to make a reasonable first impression!)

Besides, if it comes to furniture wars, I've got a whole sofa to hide behind!

What bike do you ride at the moment? I was a postie in Adelaide and used to ride a little Moto Guzzi 750 to work.

Here it is, with me sitting on it in the garden about ten months after I had to give up riding (I've since cut off all my hair for charity):

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 03:28:21 AM »
I have an old pushbike in the garage collecting dust. After riding a jet-ski for the first time, during the middle of last year, I reckon a motorbike would be fun.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 04:33:28 AM »
Oh, I'd love to try a jetski!

IMO, motorbikes are the most fun you can have on the road on two wheels. I happen to think that the fun is multiplied enormously by adding a third, but that's just me!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
what colour is your hair now?
Misunderstood.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:37 PM »
Piebald.

Sometimes I dye it silly colours, though. Pink, blue, green purple, yellow, orange; whichever I feel like at the time!