Author Topic: Lyme disease  (Read 298 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Lyme disease
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:04 PM »
Found out my one dogs has Lyme disease   today anybody elese with pets wit it .  I am afraid I do to but got the docto phobia but have told he to make an appointment.  Do they have this in Europe?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Lyme disease
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 04:40:05 AM »
You think you have Lyme disease as well?

As far as I know, we don't get it in Australia.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:26:36 AM »
Yup, we've got Lyme disease here.

So, people who work outside a lot in high grass and woods are told to inspect themselves and each-other carefully. To remove the tick ASAP. And then to check the spot where it was for two weeks, to see if there will not be a red circle evolving around that spot.

Treatment in an early stage is easy I'm told. But damage done by Lyme can't be reversed. So getting yourself checked now is a wise thing. Because if you don't, and have got it, the results can be disastrous.

In Belgium it is seen as a work-related condition for people who work for the government in risky areas.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:28:10 AM »
We have it here in the UK and in mainland Europe.  I know someone in Sweden who's dog got it, and some parts of Scotland are crawling with ticks; at times I've had to remove up to ten of them from my lower arms at the end of a day when I've been going through thick undergrowth, though I've never been tested for lyme disease.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 06:08:38 AM »
See a doc, Parts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:14:39 AM »
Now I'm wondering if lyme disease was behind the chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms I had for three years, and if there's any point in getting it checked out now that I've more or less recovered.  Wikipedia seems to indicate that I'm past the point where medical intervention would be useful.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:33:33 AM »
It's worth getting it checked Peter. What I heard of it is that further damage can be prevented. But the damage done already can't be undone.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:14:15 AM »
You have to go to the doctor and get yourself checked out, Parts.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »
Now I'm wondering if lyme disease was behind the chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms I had for three years, and if there's any point in getting it checked out now that I've more or less recovered.  Wikipedia seems to indicate that I'm past the point where medical intervention would be useful.

Same here, I inquired a few times about it since I was diagnosed with fibro about 9 years ago, I've had problems for years. Dr's didn't seem to think it would make much difference at that point though and dismissed me.

It was pretty prevalent in the area were I grew up, I lived in a state park, I spent almost everyday hiking and playing in the woods and fields.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 01:50:23 PM »
Lyme disease is named after Lyme Ct not more than 30 minute drive from here and the road I live on ends at a stat park there are deer everywhere
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw