Educational

Author Topic: What drugs are you on?  (Read 11611 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: What drugs are you on?
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
120mg of Prozac
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:05 AM »
A little bit of caffeine and a little bit of nicotine. :lutra:   
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »
THC and alcohol  :hyke:
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »
caffiene, alcohol, cannabis

usual sunday afternoon stuff

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
  120 mg of Strattera, also, high on life!   :snowman:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
Damn. I forgot.

^This is funny. I meant to post in the meds thread but obviously clicked on the wrong one. :rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2012, 02:45:49 PM »
earlier-40mg of oxycontin along with 50mcg of clonidine, dissolved in about 2.5ml of H2O, micron filtered and slammed.

Gah....those clonidine pills are a BITCH to filter. They are tiny, and get them even slightly wet and they swell up and collapse, but they clog up micron filters so damn fast. I sometimes have to use 2, or even three filters just to draw up my shot, then add another aliquot of water to get the last of the goodness out of the OC.

OCs themselves behave themselves, and a shot of just oxy, without the clonidine draws up just fine, and can be used multiple times (of course, one should never re-use needles, filters etc., but there is nothing wrong with using the same filter/needle immediately after drawing up a first shot, to do a 2nd, third etc.)

I think I'm going to go have another in a few, once I've finished my obligatory I2 postwhoring, and done the research I'm in the middle of on oximation rxns and reductions. A combination of ammonium formate and zinc dust, run in methanol looks excellent for the reduction according to a journal paper I've just read. Although I have no first hand accounts of this catalytic transfer hydrogenation beeing used, it looks fantastic on paper, complete in minutes, high yields, and neatly avoids the use of precious metal catalysts such as platinum or palladium on carbon, which are both bloody expensive, and pyrophoric.

Also on 5-6mg of a nicotine base solution transmucosally. Tastes like complete shite, and for some reason, doses above 2-3mg or so give me the hiccups every time I use it. I find it a good way to take in nicotine without smoking, in a measured dose format (its a spray, delivering 1mg/spray)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »
earlier-40mg of oxycontin along with 50mcg of clonidine, dissolved in about 2.5ml of H2O, micron filtered and slammed.

Gah....those clonidine pills are a BITCH to filter. They are tiny, and get them even slightly wet and they swell up and collapse, but they clog up micron filters so damn fast. I sometimes have to use 2, or even three filters just to draw up my shot, then add another aliquot of water to get the last of the goodness out of the OC.

OCs themselves behave themselves, and a shot of just oxy, without the clonidine draws up just fine, and can be used multiple times (of course, one should never re-use needles, filters etc., but there is nothing wrong with using the same filter/needle immediately after drawing up a first shot, to do a 2nd, third etc.)

I think I'm going to go have another in a few, once I've finished my obligatory I2 postwhoring, and done the research I'm in the middle of on oximation rxns and reductions. A combination of ammonium formate and zinc dust, run in methanol looks excellent for the reduction according to a journal paper I've just read. Although I have no first hand accounts of this catalytic transfer hydrogenation beeing used, it looks fantastic on paper, complete in minutes, high yields, and neatly avoids the use of precious metal catalysts such as platinum or palladium on carbon, which are both bloody expensive, and pyrophoric.

Also on 5-6mg of a nicotine base solution transmucosally. Tastes like complete shite, and for some reason, doses above 2-3mg or so give me the hiccups every time I use it. I find it a good way to take in nicotine without smoking, in a measured dose format (its a spray, delivering 1mg/spray)
I like Lestats replies here

they are usually 2 or 3 paragraphs

everyone else , a sentence at most

TheoK

« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
His drug (ab)use is the most advanced on the board. I'd be glad to have the amounts of oxy that he has.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
His drug (ab)use is the most advanced on the board. I'd be glad to have the amounts of oxy that he has.
I avoid painkillers myself

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
So would I, actually, skyblue, if I were not a chronic pain patient, my intake would  actually be a fair bit lower. I definitely do enjoy opioids, but I wish I had the option of saving them for a few times a week, as a treat, having the freedom not to have to worry about when my next RX is due, or having to get a doc to cooperate and do what is needed of them if I want to go away somewhere out of town for a while, etc.

And to bee able to just have fun (for a classic autie, possibly not for one's average NT), trawling the research journals, reading up on opioid SAR (structure-activity relationships, the discipline of studying how specific structural changes to a molecule, things such as electron configuration, different substitutions to this, that and the other functional group etc. change such things as efficacy at the target receptor(s), binding affinity, etc. and using the obtained data as a start point for inventing entirely new compounds of all sorts)

That can be an enjoyable way to while away a day in and of itself, reading article after article, followed by thoroughly familiarizing oneself with the safety precautions needed when working with the various solvents and reagents involved, making sure one actually understands the subject material, followed by the juicy bits-loading the flasks, tossing in the magnetic stirbar(s), and firing up the hotplate (assuming of course one doesn't require to run XYZ rxn under room temperature, E.q cooling with a liquid gas flow.

I want a cryostat so badly, damn, that would be SUCH a sweet addition to the skunk works (its an electric cooling device, so fucking much more convenient to bee able to simply plug in and get down to -50 degrees C or the like, rather than having to rely on complex homemade plumbing, venting the used gas in a safe manner, and in addition they are a bitch to store in many cases, and of course, the matter of having to BUY more and more gas.

I don't mind forking out about 15 quid for a portable argon tank, O2 cylinder etc from the local welding suppliers, but such disposable tanks are simply not up to the job of providing high-volume cryogenic cooling.

I am not of course, going to post anything about illegal activity taking place here. Its easy enough, with a good knowledge of SAR, to design, tweak, polish and enjoy a large selection of opioids, psychedelics, stimulants, sedatives, cannabinoids, dissociative anaesthetics.

I find it very rewarding, when after days, or even weeks of research and reading, understanding and digesting the data, or testing oneself there finally ends up with a nice shiny batch of crystals, hard-worked for, so much more so when one has done all the work oneself, then finally getting to lie back, and enjoy the fruits of one's labour.

Currently on 40mg of IV oxy and a couple of clonidine 25mcg. Nicely relaxed, just chilling on a borrowed computer (mine died on me the other day in the middle of a disk defrag. Not sure whats wrong with it yet), giving myself the required education to start with my latest project :)

Could do with changing the lightbulb in the lab really, its a really low-wattage one, as the room used to be the bedroom of an O2-robbing sewer discharge in ambulant bipedal hairless monkey form, going by the name of 'squirrel/fire' until driven off AFF for being a psychotic, rape-crying (not directed at me, but at her ex bf pikachu, and her parents)

The bitch is photosensitive to a degree, as I am. I use a dimmer switch in my room and a low wattage lightbulb, but its not suitable for the lab.

Lol...it looks wierd as hell, the walls are covered in those glow in the dark luminous stars, and its painted in a bright and sickmakingly 'cutesy' animal pattern, thanks to it being a baby's bedroom before I moved into the house :P.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »
Adderall it's wearing off now though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2012, 04:37:26 PM »
Well, since I'm a food addict:  food.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

Me too, I am craving bread and butter.  Must resist!   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »

Me too, I am craving bread and butter.  Must resist!   :orly:

I am a food addict myself. My mom says when I eat chocolate, I look like a drug addict getting his fix.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.