Educational

Author Topic: What drugs are you on?  (Read 11609 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What drugs are you on?
« Reply #420 on: June 24, 2018, 04:11:42 AM »
Gracias, just what I could do with now. Its near hot enough to take a bath in THF or ether just so I  could stand in front of a fan and  try to turn myself into a fucking snowman by evaporative cooling, with the advantage that if it didn't work, I'd at least wake up several hours later, although making sure to stay  about a mile upwind from the tiniest spark.

*packs a fresh pipe with a goodly sized chunk of H powdered and stuffed in there like a useful version of donald trump, only trying to squeeze into a toddler's  romper suit (well it would suit the bugger :spazz:)*

Just make sure to heat the outside, until it melts first, otherwise you'll suck dust bits and worst comes to worst cough back up the pipe (yeah, I admit it, I did that once, although thankfully I'd gotten a 20 bag, and stuffed a chunk down there, without too much dusty powdery bits, shot all over the show, was in a bit of a stress and exhausted from walking across most of the city, as  the exhausted and distinctly peeved autie flies, so to speak :spazz:),  and  hold it in as if you thought yourself about to drown.

Have to make do with some which has  yet to be personally tasted, but its from the same individual who vouches for the same batch, and he isn't a dealer, or working for one, he's had it and  rates it highly, just that the order was for a quarter oz, and it arrived as a pair of 8ths, as for its pedigree, so to speak, the vanishing act down to the last foil plus an analytical sample's worth for GC-MS and NMR analysis that the first bag of the batch pulled, can speak for itself. Early morning yesterday to early morning today...hello...nice knowing you...smell ya' later (when the last bits are vaped from the pipe re-condensate and the foils with a few melted patches), which would be, bar the sample for analysis and tracking purposes, and a last pipe before I take a kip, once I've finished doing some reading of some research journals which have more than piqued my interest, based on hypervalent iodine chemistry.)

But no worries, this'll be a fair trade alright :) Got me finding myself somewhat stimulated with lower (for me) doses, and after an IM shot, having converted the freebase to the water-soluble citrate salt, I'm finding myself nodding off.

Did end up taking the sleeping pill I was debating whether or not to take sometime mid morning, although still dark, something like 6am, (nitrazepam) and put it off, reading the journal articles and ebooks, and accordingly setting a plottin' and a schemin'.

Having in mind  (once one has the oxime of course), the possibility, of, in place of the rather rough and touchy hypochlorite bleach based hoffmann degredation (converts an amide to a primary amine one carbon shorter in the chain length, known amongst bees for its utility in converting the beckmann rearrangement product of the aldoxime derived via reaction of hydroxylamine plus a gentle base, such as sodium acetate, or carbonate of potash, into MDA, the primary amine (nor-MDMA basically, chop off that methyl group on the amine and one has MDA, a little more potent by weight, but more actively visual and closer to psychedelic effects along with its entactogenic effects). Usually, its done with bleach, I.e the combination of sodium hypochlorite and an alkali metal hydroxide base, which household bleach conveniently comes as, although better yields are to be had by preparing it fresh from the requisite amount of chlorine gas piped into (cold, if hot, it gives chlorate instead) aqueous sodium hydroxide (lye), so as to form the desired (slightly in excess) quantity of NaOCl and leave enough NaOH behind to form the solution to be used  in one go rather than mucking about doing it separately and combining them)

Goes from helional, to the aldoxime, beckmann rearrangement to the amide, then deprotonation of the amide, halogenation to form an N-haloamide which is somewhat unstable, and through an isocyanate (which are in general, especially volatile ones, the smaller the more volatile and the worse the potential, but they are seriously unstable, and degrade as fast as they are formed in aqueous or other protic media, forming amines with loss of CO2 in H2O, and if alcohols are present or used as a solvent, then the isocyanate does the same thing, reacting to form the carbamate of the alcohol from the corresponding amine the isocyanate would otherwise form in H2O. This one is, in terms of molecules, heftyish and not anorexic, skinny and as such highly volatile, like something small and gaseous, such as the methyl isocyanate which got released in masse and after slithering its way towards the indian city of Bhopal, caused one of the most thoroughly notorious industrial disasters, making a pretty determined effort to wipe the place clean of anything that intakes fuel and craps out waste, procreates and breathes air, aside from fire. Didn't sterilize the entire city but caused mass casualties. Thankfully the helional routes, although going through an isocyanate are not ones which involve as the penultimate product, a tiny, vicious little bastard like the methyl and other gaseous lower alkyl isocyanates. Bigger the better, or at least the less vile, and when generated in water, they react to form the amine that all that comes off is carbon  dioxide and solvent fumes to be trapped or piped outside and burnt.

Think akin to dogs. Those tiny little fuckers, the smaller they are the worse the temper they have on them. Isocyanates are similar, only they have much sharper teeth. But the bigger they are the less volatile and so less ability to go where they could cause trouble. I've got a 4 gallon drum of 4,4-diphenylmethyldiisocyanate in the garden for example, for polymer chemistry (making glues and resins basically) and it isn't about to jump up and bite me in the nackers, I'd still wear a gas mask and gloves if  I opened it, but its viscous, thick as fridge-cold just-mixed epoxy glue almost. Would sure as hell not take a sniff, but its big enough not to have a vapor pressure that means it can come and turn my lungs into polymerized plasticized, cross-linked models of a respiratory system, either)

Alternatively (all the hoffmann degradations go via the isocyanate, its not that I'm trying to avoid, its harsh conditions, and this hypervalent iodine as oxidant version, is  interesting as both hypochlorite and the TCCA (trichloroisocyanuric acid) variant, apparently higher yielding, although I've never performed it myself) use strongly basic conditions, whilst the hypervalent iodine potential route, IF it can work as intended, could both perform the Beckmann rearrangement of oxime to amide, and the Hoffmann degradation of amide to product MDA in a single reaction, under acidic conditions.

AFAIK, it hasn't been done, or if it has, people haven't talked of it. Either way its different enough to get me wondering.

And another potential oxidant, lead tetraacetate, again has me wondering too, known to effect Hoffmann degradations, but HOW, given the intermediacy of an N-haloamide...I've got plenty on my plate, methinks as far as  studying goes. The hypervalent iodine oxidant in acidic (possibly a mixture of trifluoroacetic acid and peroxytrifluoroacetic acid) medium has most certainly caught my interest and then some. Never heard of the Hoffmann degradation taking place in anything but acidic systems)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2018, 02:34:18 AM »
Last dose of the day of dexamphetamine.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2018, 06:29:54 AM »
Morphine, cimetidine (a stomach med), cyclizine (an antinauseant), clonidine, oxycodone, heroin (rather than using when I do have my pain meds, I was already to pick up my new script, so I'd used H to cover the parts of the weekend the doctors don't, since its either do something about it or withdraw, and a few tokes twice as an experiment/last ditch before the surgery was open to pick the new meds up, since I took my last of everything I could have used already the evening before, and that was the only fast acting generally inhibitory option available, although it actually worked very fast, and very effectively, like pushing an 'off' button on the seizure and just turning the power off to it.

So it was already in me, plus although I'd had my oxy for the morning, after the meds were picked up for me, A-I couldn't take out what already is inside me, doing it's thing of course, and  B-I did finish a foil I'd already toked from, after adding a little bit more fresh gear as a top-up; after picking it all up. There is another foil at least, that has a decent blob of solidified melted gear on it, so I think I will finish it, might as  well since I've started it.

Also, chlormethiazole, my antiseizure med. Took those as soon as I got them, given I would be anyway, plus an extra capsule because today has been a seizure prone day already with two maybe three minor ones. I don't want a major one, especially because I'm going to be working today. And in my profession, a seizure could be both a major health disaster and for that matter, could absolutely be extremely expensive and were I to drop my tools and break them, they'd a lot of them cost an awful lot to replace. And the things the tools are used to work on could be worth a LOT, in some cases.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2018, 09:22:40 PM »
If this said "What meds do want to be on?"

Very different answers.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Not many right now.  I haven't taken the ones for my minor health issues since early in the year.  I keep forgetting. 

I'm trying to wean myself away from prescription sleep aids.  It works well for my rhythms if I go to bed between 3 and 5 a.m.  I just need the rest of the world to get on the same schedule.

Possible solutions:

Warm night time bath
Turn down house temperature an hour before new bedtime
Keep the lighting level lower an hour before bedtime
Do relaxing activities an hour before bedtime (reading does NOT count, I'm addicted to reading)
Be more active during the day
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »
Morphine, oxycodone, chlormethiazole, cimetidine (the last is a stomach med, and it also helps inhibit a pair of liver enzyme that metabolize and destroy the morphine, oxy and prolong the effect). Thinking of taking a couple of clonidine tablets, because its fucking HOT out here, and it'll help lower my body temperature by decreasing catecholamine release)

Depending on how a can of fizzy pineapple pop on ice does that is.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »
Blackberry wine
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
More oxy, morphine, could do with redosing the cimetidine and chlormethiazole.

Considering a mogadon, maybe two, since I'm not at all sleepy or tired, so I can just relax as I watch family guy and american dad.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »
I am on colofac. It's a relaxant for the digestive system. It helps keep the irritable bowel under control.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
I am on colofac. It's a relaxant for the digestive system. It helps keep the irritable bowel under control.

Most of your posts are complete crap. I do not think it works as well as you think it does.  :poo:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »

Most of your posts are complete crap. I do not think it works as well as you think it does.  :poo:

They stop me farting as well. But if we ever meet up in real life, I promise not to take them for a week beforehand.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2018, 06:29:15 AM »

They stop me farting as well. But if we ever meet up in real life, I promise not to take them for a week beforehand.

It'd be a great idea. You would end up going for "farting machine and end up sharting machine.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #432 on: July 26, 2018, 06:44:49 AM »
You should start using them, considering you shit all over the board.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
You should start using them, considering you shit all over the board.

"Using them"? Them? What exactly are them? Minister of Silly Walks tablets? Presumably? I should take his tablets. Good one, Odeon. Really clever comeback.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2018, 07:07:09 AM »
You'll figure it out. Eventually.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein