Educational

Author Topic: What drugs are you on?  (Read 11538 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What drugs are you on?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
* psst Tig, no matter how tempted you are, no pity victories for Sir_Les. *
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
Just coffee
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
* psst Tig, no matter how tempted you are, no pity victories for Sir_Les. *

:zoinks:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:38 PM »
Doctors finally took me off warfarin and put me on aspirin instead, so now I can treat the ankylosing spondylitis;
Ouch. Back pain is horrible. :hug:

Me: Cymbalta, dexamphetamine, lamotrigine, haloperidol.
Plus caffeine in the form of Coke Zero.

Thanks for the hug!  :)

Yep, it's horrible but I cope. It isn't just the spine either; it has spread to all my other joints, too. Apparently that is a common manifestation in female sufferers; the spine stays mobile at the cost of ongoing painful inflammation which spreads to the peripheral skeleton. I'm lucky I'm still mobile, I suppose. It took twelve years, from when my  spine first started really hurting (at the age of 22), for the right tests to be done and a diagnosis given (and only then because it affected my eyes and, finally, a GP recognised the combination of symptoms). During that time I taught myself an exercise regime that kept my joints moving and kept to it when I had to give up the NSAIDs (because NSAIDs and warfarin are a dangerous combination). My mobility gradually became seriously restricted, but yesterday I went out for the afternoon without my 'granny-walker' for the first time in two years. Even better; I took both walking sticks but only needed one!  ;D OK, so I wouldn't have won any races (except against Sir Les  >:D ) but it is a huge improvement.

A combination of being female and autistic meant that I never did present as a 'text-book case' for any of my disorders (which, I presume, are based on the manifestation of symptoms in NT males) so, as well as the twelve years for the Ank. Spond., it took ten years for the angina (mis-diagnosed as 'indigestion') and a whopping thirty-two years for the atrial fibrillation to be diagnosed (mis-called 'panic attacks'!  ::) )

That's why I am thrilled to have defied predictions* and still to be on this planet to irritate you lot!

*One GP thought I should have been dead by the age of 27…

I saw someone on a Mystery Diagnosis type show with ankylosing spondylitis.  It took many years for doctors to correctly diagnose her too.  Someone finally put it together and figured it out when she got uveitis on top of her other symptoms.  It sounds like the NSAIDS and other medicines are helping your pain and stiffness, now that you can take them again. 

I recently bought a granny walker with a seat so I can begin to put some weight on my recently operated on ankle.  I'm glad you were able to go out without yours after two years of needing it.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2010, 12:19:17 PM »
My current drugs are Osteo-Bi-Flex, Calcium Citrate plus Vitamin D, Centrum Multivitamin and extra Vitamin C, Lisinopril, and Percocet (taken usually just at night).

I was taking two aspirins a day for six weeks after my surgery but I recently stopped and the big bruises from taking it are still healing.

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
  • I love my GoldWing ("Tigger")
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »
My current drugs are Osteo-Bi-Flex, Calcium Citrate plus Vitamin D, Centrum Multivitamin and extra Vitamin C, Lisinopril, and Percocet (taken usually just at night).

I was taking two aspirins a day for six weeks after my surgery but I recently stopped and the big bruises from taking it are still healing.

Aren't the bruises just horrible? Even worse than the ones I had when I was on warfarin (but cuts don't bleed as much - just as well, I'm terribly clumsy in the kitchen  :-[ )

I wonder if people think my husband is a wife-beater!  :o

Callaway: yep, it was uveitis that tipped off my GP. When I went to see him, in absolute agony (it is one of the worst pains known to humankind) he said "Oh, you've had some back trouble recently, too, haven't you? I think I know what it is!" Through gritted teeth I responded "Recently?! Try the last twelve years!". Still, I had the tests (they inject radioactive stuff that only sticks to inflammation) and the scores came back through the roof. The rheumatologist said she'd never seen someone with such "hot hips" still able to walk.

Yep, official diagnosis - "Hot hips"  :lol:

Those 'granny-walkers' with seats and wheels are wonderful, aren't they? If I had been going shopping, rather than to a café and then a solicitors' office (both of which, obviously, have places to sit) I would still have used mine. Seats in the huge shopping centres are few and far between and I still have to stop and rest when my heart plays up. Plus, they can be piled up with shopping bags!

I discovered I can tow it behind my new bicycle (Christmas present from hubby). The bike has a proper seat, with back rest, and forward pedals so no strain on my joints.

Hykeaswell: I have no intention of giving Sir Les any quarter whatever! At the solicitors, I had to sit just as long as he did - I was waiting for him, after all! And we both took a leg-stretch break at the same time (I just went outside to the street, he used the old 'toilet-break' excuse…). Don't deny it, Sir Les; Number Four Son saw you!

Sir Les: Don't be ashamed, very few people would have carried on after being hit several times by a truck. Most would still be in hospital making the most of the nurses' attentions…  :eyebrows:
Stopped bouncing round the world. Arrived home.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Xanax it's been a long stressful day

George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
coffee, sudaphed

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
Few beers too for added effect

George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
too cold for beers, believe I will try a shot of Jack

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
Never too cold for beers says the guy who in collage used to go to outdoor keg parties when the tap would freeze but would always have a bottle of something just in case :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »
Always have a good backup, something always fucks up

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
Never too cold for beers says the guy who in collage used to go to outdoor keg parties when the tap would freeze but would always have a bottle of something just in case :laugh:
where'd you hide the bottle?

up yer arse?  :laugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2010, 02:11:33 AM »

Aren't the bruises just horrible? Even worse than the ones I had when I was on warfarin (but cuts don't bleed as much - just as well, I'm terribly clumsy in the kitchen  :-[ )

I wonder if people think my husband is a wife-beater!  :o

Callaway: yep, it was uveitis that tipped off my GP. When I went to see him, in absolute agony (it is one of the worst pains known to humankind) he said "Oh, you've had some back trouble recently, too, haven't you? I think I know what it is!" Through gritted teeth I responded "Recently?! Try the last twelve years!". Still, I had the tests (they inject radioactive stuff that only sticks to inflammation) and the scores came back through the roof. The rheumatologist said she'd never seen someone with such "hot hips" still able to walk.

Yep, official diagnosis - "Hot hips"  :lol:

Those 'granny-walkers' with seats and wheels are wonderful, aren't they? If I had been going shopping, rather than to a café and then a solicitors' office (both of which, obviously, have places to sit) I would still have used mine. Seats in the huge shopping centres are few and far between and I still have to stop and rest when my heart plays up. Plus, they can be piled up with shopping bags!

I discovered I can tow it behind my new bicycle (Christmas present from hubby). The bike has a proper seat, with back rest, and forward pedals so no strain on my joints.

Hykeaswell: I have no intention of giving Sir Les any quarter whatever! At the solicitors, I had to sit just as long as he did - I was waiting for him, after all! And we both took a leg-stretch break at the same time (I just went outside to the street, he used the old 'toilet-break' excuse…). Don't deny it, Sir Les; Number Four Son saw you!

Sir Les: Don't be ashamed, very few people would have carried on after being hit several times by a truck. Most would still be in hospital making the most of the nurses' attentions…  :eyebrows:

I bruise easily in the first place, but the bruising is much worse on aspirin.  I have a big bruise on my left inner thigh that I got the first or second day I was on aspirin.  It got very itchy as it turned yellow and was going away and it came back as a huge new blue bruise just because I scratched it.  It has almost faded again, finally.

I'm glad you can walk with those hot hips and your bike looks very nice. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
where'd you hide the bottle?

up yer arse?  :laugh:

That kept it toasty warm :green:

George Bernard Shaw