Educational

Author Topic: What drugs are you on?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What drugs are you on?
« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2018, 09:25:34 AM »
I could really do with some  speed right  now, but fucking  hell, I just do not have  the motivation. Even got a batch of P2NP ready and available. But I just can't find the energy. Ironic or what. I need a kick up the arse and  need a kick up the arse to get me said needed kick up the arse :P

Today has been a drag generally, woke up feeling as though I'd been run over by a truck, and its all downhill from there.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »
I need to get back on my blackberry wine.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »

I take drugs to control my ventricular tachycardia, my hyper tension and to lower my cholesterol.

Since I have lost weight lately, I have been able to reduce the dose of my cholesterol medication and my blood pressure meds, but the one which helps to control my tachycardia has more than doubled in two years.
 :GA:

Sometimes I take a kind of opioid for relief of back pain. Not often, though. Couple of doses every other month or so.

Have not drank alcohol in so long I can not remember. Probably about six years or so. It tends to interfere with my tachycardia medication and I DO NOT want that.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
I’m high on Starbucks coffee again. I feel giggly.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »
Caffeine. Way too much caffeine.

I drink strong coffee after 5 pm at work and at least it stops me falling asleep on the train on the way home. But it doesn't keep me awake at all.

I also drink big bottles of Pepsi Max (a type of diet cola). Probably 2 litres a day at least.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
Didn't caffeine play a role in the development of your psychosis last time? Please be careful, eh?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2018, 07:29:09 PM »
Didn't caffeine play a role in the development of your psychosis last time? Please be careful, eh?

Seconded. The only time I've had scary hallucinations was from excessive caffeine. Please be careful with that stuff.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2018, 08:33:08 PM »
This is proving to be one fucked up night, weird thing is I'm NOT on anything, certainly nothing that could likely do such things, but something is seriously fucking around with my vision. Both depth and size perception are being somehow screwed up, I can't think of anything I've either worked on in the lab (nothing today) or taken internally, or that could likely have left traces around I could have absorbed.

Maybe it's just my adapting to the computer screen being at a greater distance than usual, as my laptop packed the screen in, then the harddrive, so I'm stuck cold-booting from a linux CD and using a separate monitor, just so I can get some internet access in the meantime until I can get a new one.

Going to check the area around the boiler in the kitchen, where the screen is plugged in with a CO detector, because the one by the boiler went off the other day, although I think  it likely a fault, as the gas boiler wasn't on at the time and there was certainly nothing I'd done that would have produced carbon monoxide.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »
Morphine (intramuscularly, because  the oral BA is bloody abysmal), oxycodone (capsules, IR) (haven't really been keeping track of the dose, couple of hundred mg or so, roughly), just took my seizure meds (chlormethiazole, also a sedative-hypnotic of that almost extinct old-school wallbanger type, a barbiturate binding site agonist at GABAa receptors. Smells funky, melts plastic, fairly narrow therapeutic or recreational index, kick like an angry mule. Very old fashioned, absolute antique sedative-hypnotic and anticonvulsant. Not actually licensed for seizure control in the BNF, but I'm prescribed it anyway, because it works well for me, taking it 3xdaily, but without causing any hideous physical dependency whatsoever, unlike any other GABAa agonist I can think of with any serious potency)

Cimetidine and cyclizine (a stomach acid med and antihistamine of the sedating type respectively) Cimetidine also acts as an inhibitor of CYP-P450 series enzyme pathways that break down morphine and oxy, allowing a higher peak plasma level and longer duration of activity.

Clonidine (an alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor agonist, blocks noradrenaline release), for suppression of sensory overload crap. And a relative of it, tizanidine, works the same way but a lot more hypotensive (clonidine is also used as a blood pressure lowering medication), the tizanidine (zanaflex) is a strong bugger of a muscle relaxer), that's for the nerve damage in my bad leg after the failed knee surgery I had done on it. Left me with a permanent muscle spasm in my calf, hurts like hell at times, but the tizanidine really helps bring the muscle tension down from a painful, tight-feeling knot to relatively comfortable. Anything left over, the morphine and oxy take care of.

Soon, will add some real good brown, and some methadone tablets, just because, in the latter case, it's just an opioid I've always rather liked.

Although when I start at those two, I'll lower the dose of oxy pretty drastically, and temporarily, halt the morphine shots, because I don't want to increase my tolerance to opioidergic medications. I find I'm more all round generally functional using brown, I can moderate my doses much more easily, when vaporizing it from a pipe, as opposed to extracting XR morphine sulfate capsules, with the methadone to fine-tune things to just the right point between functionality day to day and pain control.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »
Lestat - did you vision sort itself out?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2018, 04:29:03 PM »
Yeah it seems to have. Still going to make a dr appt about it though. The other day, my vision had turned so awfully shitty that I had trouble walking to the doc's surgery to collect my script refills and then on to the pharmacy to collect the meds. Staying on the pavement was hard, and every time I passed a street lamp, or went between two bollards, fence posts, traffic light and fence post etc. I had to cover my bad (or worse one, rather) eye with one hand just so I could use the other one to feel ahead of me and make sure I wasn't about to walk straight into it.

Looked in the mirror trying to see if my pupils were dilated or pinholed, and I couldn't tell, because I could see more than one of my face, and each one of me had between four and five eyes.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2018, 10:23:43 AM »
^and you call that sorted out?!?  :zombiefuck:

You need to get it sorted out for real.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
Odeon-I meant that was what my vision was doing when it was causing problems. I mean, it has sorted itself out, in that my vision is now normal. Or as close to normal vision as I ever have. But that I am still going to attend my doctor and talk to them about it, tell them what happened and find out if any tests need doing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
Odeon-I meant that was what my vision was doing when it was causing problems. I mean, it has sorted itself out, in that my vision is now normal. Or as close to normal vision as I ever have. But that I am still going to attend my doctor and talk to them about it, tell them what happened and find out if any tests need doing.

Oh, right. Very glad to hear it. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein