Author Topic: This Belgian guy is BRAVE...  (Read 748 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: This Belgian guy is BRAVE...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »
I have a book that details how and were to place explosives for maxim effect.  It also goes into building trenches and bunkers

I blew up a dead tree in February, with flash powder though, not with nitro. I put the load near the ground and it made a "THUMP!" sound in the snow. It was 200 grams (almost ½lb) of potassium chlorate and German Black.  8)

I'm sorry that is what excites you in life. Truly.

He isn't the only one, not by a long way. There's a whole sub-genre of television shows which cater for the demand (Destroyed in Seconds, Mythbusters), over fifty years' worth of disaster movies, and last but not least, Big Jim McBob and Billie Sol Hurok of SCTV fame, whose chiefest joy in life comes from seeing stuff blowed up REAL good.  :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
But I like explosions. :toporly: :arrr:

And YOU are the one who thinks you can dominate and demean women...most women would likely find your antics pathetic, to say the least.

Women are inferior creatures. To a man I don't even have to explain why explosions are cool.  8)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »

And YOU are the one who thinks you can dominate and demean women...most women would likely find your antics pathetic, to say the least.

Women are inferior creatures. To a man I don't even have to explain why explosions are cool.  8)

Ah, but would a man fetch your slippers and bake you a  :cake: ?

*cowers submissively in the corner, awaiting your blessing*

:P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 09:15:56 AM »

In all fairness, I must admit I can appreciate a good BOOM! once in awhile, but not hours' worth.  :P

People forget.

Scrapheap

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
I have a book that details how and were to place explosives for maxim effect.  It also goes into building trenches and bunkers

I blew up a dead tree in February, with flash powder though, not with nitro. I put the load near the ground and it made a "THUMP!" sound in the snow. It was 200 grams (almost ½lb) of potassium chlorate and German Black.  8)

WTF is German Black??  :google: isn't helping me here. Do you mean Black Powder?? Where do you get large ammounts of potasium chlorate??

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:11 AM »

WTF is German Black??  :google: isn't helping me here. Do you mean Black Powder?? Where do you get large ammounts of potasium chlorate??

German Black is a special kind of pyro aluminium. In the US it's more known as Indian Black or Dark Pyro Al: Aluminium powder

I buy my chemicals over the net. Surprisingly enough they're still license free.  8)

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »

German Black is a special kind of pyro aluminium. In the US it's more known as Indian Black or Dark Pyro Al: Aluminium powder

I buy my chemicals over the net. Surprisingly enough they're still license free.  8)

:thumbup: Dou you know which is more explosive, the Aluminum powder, or Magnesium?? I still have about 20 lbs of Mg from when I worked for Tilton Engineering.

TheoK

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
I have a book that details how and were to place explosives for maxim effect.  It also goes into building trenches and bunkers

I blew up a dead tree in February, with flash powder though, not with nitro. I put the load near the ground and it made a "THUMP!" sound in the snow. It was 200 grams (almost ½lb) of potassium chlorate and German Black.  8)

WTF is German Black??  :google: isn't helping me here. Do you mean Black Powder?? Where do you get large ammounts of potasium chlorate??

I buy my chemicals over the net. Surprisingly enough they're still license free.  8)

:thumbup: Dou you know which is more explosive, the Aluminum powder, or Magnesium?? I still have about 20 lbs of Mg from when I worked for Tilton Engineering.

It depends on the particle size. My German Black is 3 µm, the finest you can get. Magnesium is more violent, if the particles are small enough. For magnesium the particles don't need to be that extremely small. You can use potassium perchlorate as an oxidizer as well. It is not really as reactive but safer to handle.

In the US you have this supplier: United Nuclear

Scrapheap

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »
 8)

Potasium Chlorate would be fun, but when it burns, it produces salts that corrode gun barrels. I'd like to get my hands on some Lead Styphnate!!!  :headbang2:

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
Making your own percussion caps?  ;)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »

Are percussion caps the same thing as blasting caps?  :snowman:

People forget.

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 10:34:02 AM »

Yes and no. Blasting caps are used to set off explosives, while percussion caps are used in cartridges for guns, though have a similar function and often the same chemicals are used in them.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »

Yes and no. Blasting caps are used to set off explosives, while percussion caps are used in cartridges for guns, though have a similar function and often the same chemicals are used in them.

Thanks! I've always liked the sound of the phrase "blasting caps," probably because the "a" sounds are the same. Now I will know they are different from percussion caps, and will be less likely to make a fool of myself by attempting to discuss explosives!  :snowman:

People forget.

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
The sound is only the same in America.  :P

The sound when they go off is BAAANG!  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"