Educational

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 6742 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: New Member
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2010, 04:17:08 AM »
I found out AFF is not a support board. If they said it was, it turn into whine planet. But it is not anywhere like here.

Well, that's not exactly the reason we're not officially a support board....but it's close enough.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2010, 04:18:49 AM »
I found out AFF is not a support board. If they said it was, it turn into whine planet. But it is not anywhere like here.

Well, that's not exactly the reason we're not officially a support board....but it's close enough.

Well you told me I was correct. People would abuse it and go there and bitch and moan like what happened with WP.

The whine planet was meant to be a joke.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2010, 04:19:52 AM »

Well you told me I was correct. People would abuse it and go there and bitch and moan like what happened with WP.

The whine planet was meant to be a joke.

Oh, I apologise, I misunderstood what you meant - yeah, you've got it right.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:35 AM »

During the clash/crash of summer 2008 Amy pointed out very clearly that it was not meant as a support board at all. I think she did not see that you cannot have activism without mutually supporting each other. I don't know how it is now. I did leave summer 2008. Loved it there in 2007.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2010, 05:14:20 AM »
welcome, new member.
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2010, 06:15:02 AM »

During the clash/crash of summer 2008 Amy pointed out very clearly that it was not meant as a support board at all. I think she did not see that you cannot have activism without mutually supporting each other. I don't know how it is now. I did leave summer 2008. Loved it there in 2007.

I remember the drama there. I mostly lurked then, rarely posting, and I must have missed that. Plenty of people got banned.

Who were you there BTW?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »

I remember the drama there. I mostly lurked then, rarely posting, and I must have missed that. Plenty of people got banned.

Who were you there BTW?

I was hyke. And hykeaswell for a sockpuppet, for those rare occasions that I outdid my maximum posts per day.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2010, 07:04:30 AM »

Who were you there BTW?

I was hyke. And hykeaswell for a sockpuppet, for those rare occasions that I outdid my maximum posts per day.
there is a maximum posts per day?

shit.  i would have never survived.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2010, 07:10:02 AM »

Who were you there BTW?

I was first out.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »

Who were you there BTW?

shit.  i would have never survived.
Oh a couple of Mc sock-puppets would have helped a bit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:25:23 AM by hykeaswell »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2010, 07:17:50 AM »

Oh a couple of Mc sock-puppets would have helped a bit.

Who were you there BTW?

don't think i ever signed up.  i had my hands full dealing with/creating some drama here. ;)
Misunderstood.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »
How did you find us?

That'd be me and Spokane discussing stuff over at AFF - I linked to I^2's homepage.

LOL KenM asked for the links to the threads here where we talked about him. I told him to join and do a search on his name and all these threads will pop up.

He might join here shortly so lets all be nice to him shall we?  :eyelash:

If it happens, this should be very amusing...
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
How did you find us?

That'd be me and Spokane discussing stuff over at AFF - I linked to I^2's homepage.

LOL KenM asked for the links to the threads here where we talked about him. I told him to join and do a search on his name and all these threads will pop up.

At least Fiona can say what she thnks without having to tiptoe around his feelings.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »
How did you find us?

At least Fiona can say what she thnks without having to tiptoe around his feelings.

Hence one of the reasons why it would be amusing. Fiona will tear his balls off.  :laugh:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

Who were you there BTW?

Aye, there was a maximum posts/day - it's gone now, effectively (it's now at 250, which is more than anyone should need), but it was 20, then 30 a day. it was horrible.