Author Topic: Bragging Rights  (Read 2359 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Bragging Rights
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2018, 07:17:03 AM »
Hmmm...I probably hit right around 28 gallons actually.

A few more miles (maybe 1200) IF we're talking actual distances walked, rather than including just around the house.
No idea what that might work out to, but I'm assuming it must - because I highly doubt that most people walk anywhere near as much to locations as I do. :/

Indeed, for beer-fueled walking (to and from the bar) I only get around 500 miles per year. I use other fluids for other walks (usually tea -
and my milage there would be bloody terrible: I probably drink close to  300 gallons of tea a year!)

Back about six years ago when I was still quite healthy, we who worked in inventory at a local branch of an international big box store wore pedometers. The department wanted to challenge the sales floor. They got ALL the monetary sales perks and we, as behind the scenes workers who make their jobs so much easier, never got any.
Our boss bought ten of those primitive walk monitor/step counter things and gave five to us and five to the sales floor.

Now not all the sales staff were slugs, being that several racked up six or seven miles per day, just covering the floor and helping customers. But "our slug"  working in the warehouse generally had the same. However, the rest of us usually had twelve to sixteen miles per day. My average per day was fourteen miles per day (I was fifty six back then, still healthy, but I had definitely "Lost A Step" to be honest).

We also had an ADHD guy working in inventory who usually racked up somewhere around eighteen miles per day. One day our bad ass ADHD guy showed twenty two miles on his pedometer after a ten hour shift.
 :zombiefuck:

Do I recommend this job? ...  well yeah if you have the stamina. The benefits are more difficult to understand to those who just want to pay rent this week, but for someone with ambition, worth the early struggle.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2018, 07:32:07 AM »
^^^ You have my condolences DD. I work in an enclosed booth, with air conditioning, my personal music, drinks and snacks with almost no need for human contact. I also work three 12 hour shifts with 4 days off per week.

Yeah... my work life totally sucks, LMAO!!!  :rofl:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
Do not misunderstand. That was some time ago.

I am completely retired, now. The only thing I do is to try to support my wife at home. She is still working at UPS (if she can make it four more years she will be able to retire with her full benefits - about 5K per month until she dies) and busting her ass every day AND I taxi my non-driving kids to and from work (HEY! They both have jobs, menial as those jobs are - they are both employed), play, fun, etc.

I am a little toiled with rough arthritis pains in my major joints, but I can rest and take it easy when I need. That last job was indeed a struggle at times, but I made it through, until I just no longer wanted to try. Earlier this year (right after visiting my eighty year old mother in the hospital) I called it Quitsville!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:17:03 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
DirtDawg is already retired, and I'm just starting my life? Why do I feel old to begin with????:headhurts:  :bigcry:  :headhurts:  :bigcry:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
I'm getting some amazing Japanese chocolates delivered.