Educational

Author Topic: Airport Security is a waste of time and taxpayer money.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Airport Security is a waste of time and taxpayer money.
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 06:34:13 AM »
I'd rather be trapped in a lift with a buddhist and a pagan than a catholic and a muslim

The latter would probably be more entertaining.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:12 AM »
It's still about the nutcases that interpret it, not the religion as such.

Every religion is insane.

Well, which one is it??

If you go to Skeptics Annotated Bible.com/Quran and click the Injustice and Intollerance links, I think you'll see first hand just what an evil book the Quran is and the hate that it fosters.

You're missing my point. I personally don't believe in any religion. I think this is it, and I think it's not a test of any kind. I think there is overwhelming proof for my standpoint and none at all for the other, therefore making *every* religion claiming otherwise insane.

But, these are my opinions and I respect the rights of other people to hold whatever religious beliefs they see fit. The only thing I expect in return is that they respect my right to disagree. It is my experience that only the nutcases see it as necessary to uphold their views at the cost of other people's; their respective religions usually won't support them. Having read up on Islam, I know that the nutjobs have very little support from the religion itself, only from other nutjobs.

See, most religions can be interpreted in a way that excludes everyone but the followers from heaven, salvation, etc, but only a select few can *only* be interpreted in that way. Sure, you can go on blaming Islam for everything from the crusades to the swine flu and modern-day terrorism, but I'm pretty sure tolerance is a better way in the long run. Hating a religion out of misguided fear won't make the religion go away.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »
It's still about the nutcases that interpret it, not the religion as such.

Every religion is insane.

Well, which one is it??

If you go to Skeptics Annotated Bible.com/Quran and click the Injustice and Intollerance links, I think you'll see first hand just what an evil book the Quran is and the hate that it fosters.
If you look closely enough - it actually looks like it was written by one of us. All the things they ban are common pet hates of ours.

As for Islamic terrorism, it was unheard of until the US messed around with the place. No wonder they are after your countries blood. Religion just happens to be a convienient excuse, just like when creating Israel on top of 1/2 a million Arabs.