Author Topic: Genetic Screening for Aspergers  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Genetic Screening for Aspergers
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »
Oh, deaf community takes a pride in their own culture. And there is a lot of resistance against a cure forced on them.

It is not all that simple. People want to be taken as valuable human beings the way they are. And they are right.
Deaf culture is about as legitimate as Autistic Culture - its made up and does not represent the majority of that grouping. It has no legitimacy.
So, if you were deaf, would you be starting a campaign to hunt down people with intact hearing and puncture their eardrums?
How does this compare at all?

There is the parallel of you wanting to increase the number of people on the spectrum by deceit, and PMSElle's idea of increasing the number of deaf people by using violence.
Yeah and the difference between being deaf and autistic is not massive. Especially in terms of the positives (which by the way we don't need to invent a culture in order to get them!)
Would be funny seeing you pushing for a cure for deaf people, while a group of genetically deaf men manages to sneak in their sperm in a hand full of sperm banks. ( I am against both things b.t.w., both the pushing for a cure, and the sneaking in of the sperm )
They can do it if they like. The difference is that if we did it, the reaction would be in our favour.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »
I think the discussion is over then.

I sincerely wonder what traits have been copied.
Mannerism, well look at little children, mannerisms can be there long before there is any label attached to the child.
So I don't see where the kid copied it. And how it is that the kid copied it willfully, though maybe not knowing, from an Aspie he never saw.

This is magic that goes beyond my wildest imagination.

So, I call it a day, unless you can make it clear to me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »
OK, one more post.

Just because I can't resist.

Hip hip Hurray!! You have located the source of much of the misery happening to people on the spectrum.
So, what did they copy that is 'ours'?

Prone to suicidal thoughts and attempts?
Prone to depression?
Standing out, because of not fitting in?
Being bullied?
Being beaten into a pulp?
Being stigmatised?
Not being elected for a job?
Being taken for mentally insane/instable?

Tell me what they took.

I don't see it.
You and I know it was more subtle than that (as in they were copying mannerisms), but yes they are responsible in part for the problems you outlined above.

Being responsible in part for all the problems I listed is a crime indeed.
Prove it, and go to the authorities with your findings. You know you need to do that, to save us all. [/sarcasm]

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
OK, one more post.

Just because I can't resist.

Hip hip Hurray!! You have located the source of much of the misery happening to people on the spectrum.
So, what did they copy that is 'ours'?

Prone to suicidal thoughts and attempts?
Prone to depression?
Standing out, because of not fitting in?
Being bullied?
Being beaten into a pulp?
Being stigmatised?
Not being elected for a job?
Being taken for mentally insane/instable?

Tell me what they took.

I don't see it.
You and I know it was more subtle than that (as in they were copying mannerisms), but yes they are responsible in part for the problems you outlined above.

Being responsible in part for all the problems I listed is a crime indeed.
Prove it, and go to the authorities with your findings. You know you need to do that, to save us all. [/sarcasm]
So rather than engage in legitmate debate, yet again you decend into facetitousness. I cannot say that I expected any better, but still it just shows a lack of maturity from you.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »
You refuse to answer my sincere questions.

Easy to call my sarcasm immature.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »

Sincere questions require a serious basis. You have none, or any kind of understanding as to what needs to be done. I on the other hand have been spending my time gathering a good range of political experience, so at least have some idea what needs to be done. Or even manage to recognise the problems.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
Screen away too late for me :laugh:  It's our duty to pass on those genes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2009, 12:18:01 AM »
^ Done, and done. I've spammed a coupla copies of myself into the world already, and chances are pretty good that they'll do the same. :zoinks:

In general I think it's better when an Aspie child is raised by the people that sired/bore it. Less confusion, more insight and understanding. Unless the point is to make the lives of Aspies so desperate, so rock-bottom miserable that they see no choice but to rise up in revolt against their so-called NT oppressors? Reducing our lives to a mere political cause does all of us a disservice. And I reiterate: NTs beget Aspies, and Aspies beget NTs. Separatism isn't the answer.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 06:32:48 AM »
^ Done, and done. I've spammed a coupla copies of myself into the world already, and chances are pretty good that they'll do the same. :zoinks:

In general I think it's better when an Aspie child is raised by the people that sired/bore it.
That is said by every traditionalist in general - the idea that a child should be automatically be brought up by their biological parents is applied to NT and Aspie alike, for the most part.
Less confusion, more insight and understanding. Unless the point is to make the lives of Aspies so desperate, so rock-bottom miserable that they see no choice but to rise up in revolt against their so-called NT oppressors? Reducing our lives to a mere political cause does all of us a disservice. And I reiterate: NTs beget Aspies, and Aspies beget NTs. Separatism isn't the answer.
Goodness, no. The plan is to ensure we all get a better start in life. Though I think the debate about our humanity which it would spark would be very beneficial.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »

I've found that when arguing with Chris McC, it's generally a good idea to ask him to be as specific as possible as early on as you start to see any room for subjective interpretation.  It gets you to the "Oh christ, he's too full of shit to bother with" part of the argument a lot quicker.   :thumbup:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

I've found that when arguing with Chris McC, it's generally a good idea to ask him to be as specific as possible as early on as you start to see any room for subjective interpretation.  It gets you to the "Oh christ, he's too full of shit to bother with" part of the argument a lot quicker.   :thumbup:

Well so far, I do find it intriguing how Hadron thinks to be politically successful. He doesn't seem to want to find allies in other groups of people that are not excepted in main-stream normality. And he is extremely successful in showing a great contempt for the people he claims to represent.

The way he is behaving looks more like the ways of a religious zealous sectarian cult leader, than the ways of a politician. But, that is not that distant from the ways of a 'political' leader who wants to impose his ideas by all means.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

Well so far, I do find it intriguing how Hadron thinks to be politically successful. He doesn't seem to want to find allies in other groups of people that are not excepted in main-stream normality. 
If we do that in the way that you are suggesting, then we have no cause. We have to distinguish ourselves in order to gain legitimacy, otherwise we will just get portrayed as another awkward squad.
And he is extremely successful in showing a great contempt for the people he claims to represent.
I know who will be useful and who won't be. Over time, others will gain self-respect. Which fundementally any Aspie cause has to be about: respect.
The way he is behaving looks more like the ways of a religious zealous sectarian cult leader, than the ways of a politician. But, that is not that distant from the ways of a 'political' leader who wants to impose his ideas by all means.
We are not the mainstream - how is being just another smooth politician going to help things along?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »

You throw up a ridiculous burden of proof which you could never satistfy yourself, then go up and say because I have not satisfied it, we should stick to the status quo. That is not arguing or debating, its merely hiding behind the current form of social laws and diktats.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

Well so far, I do find it intriguing how Hadron thinks to be politically successful. He doesn't seem to want to find allies in other groups of people that are not excepted in main-stream normality. 
If we do that in the way that you are suggesting, then we have no cause. We have to distinguish ourselves in order to gain legitimacy, otherwise we will just get portrayed as another awkward squad.
And he is extremely successful in showing a great contempt for the people he claims to represent.
I know who will be useful and who won't be. Over time, others will gain self-respect. Which fundementally any Aspie cause has to be about: respect.
We are not the mainstream - how is being just another smooth politician going to help things along?

[sidenote]Says the man who's major complaint about Ari Ne'eman is that he does not look dashing on a couch.[/sidenote]

And no, I'm not talking about smooth politicians.

You seem to think top down. And you forget about people acting grassroot.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »

[sidenote]Says the man who's major complaint about Ari Ne'eman is that he does not look dashing on a couch.[/sidenote]
Its his performance on it which worries me - he doesn't show any strength or legitimate conviction. Nor would he charm the masses. We need someone more like a toned down Louis Farrakhan if we want things done.
And no, I'm not talking about smooth politicians.

You seem to think top down. And you forget about people acting grassroot.
Yes well, you want a leader who follows, where as I tend to prefer a leader who leads.