Educational

Author Topic: Callaway  (Read 6255 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Callaway
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
The liar has run off with her tail between her legs.  :hahaha:

Wow this is really getting to you isn't it?  :2thumbsup:

I went on another site for a minute

But yeh, I don't see how I am a hypocrite. I kept gheying you because I saw that it was annoying you that you weren't on 69. Not because I was sad that you'd gheyed me. If you'rekeeping track of these things that much then it must be bothering you.

Especially as you're meant to have me on ignore  :pwned:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
Oh and just so you know, I won't be replying again for a while as I'm going to bed - it's nearly 1am here and I wanna go out in the morning

Not running off with my tail between my legs :zoinks:

Scrapheap

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »
But yeh, I don't see how I am a hypocrite. I kept gheying you because I saw that it was annoying you that you weren't on 69. Not because I was sad that you'd gheyed me. If you'rekeeping track of these things that much then it must be bothering you.

:lies:

You gheyed me once for talking about the weather and I gheyed you back. You then gheyed me 3 times in a row for no reason. I hadn't even mentioned being on 69 untill after you did that, liar!!  :finger: :hahaha:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »
Why is Callaway attacking Bint's supposed-ill-treatment of her friends? That has nothing to do with the issues raised. It seems very politician like to initiate a mud-slinging match instead of answering the charges.

It has everything to do with the issue Bint raised, GalileoAce.

Bint was claiming that I don't express my opinions openly when I disagree with someone.

I openly expressed my opinion as to what it is about her that I have a problem with and why I have likely held back from saying anything about it to her before, because I see her as somewhat fragile and I would not want to feel responsible for her harming herself again.

Blasted

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 02:05:49 AM »

You gheyed me once for talking about the weather and I gheyed you back. You then gheyed me 3 times in a row for no reason. I hadn't even mentioned being on 69 untill after you did that, liar!!  :finger: :hahaha:

How is he a liar?  If anything, you're the liar here.

You made a thread saying you want to get to 69.  Then you were a dickhead so we thought it would be fun to do everything to stop you from getting to 69 because you obviously cared so much about it  :zoinks:  End of.

God you're thick.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 02:23:38 AM »
Why is Callaway attacking Bint's supposed-ill-treatment of her friends? That has nothing to do with the issues raised. It seems very politician like to initiate a mud-slinging match instead of answering the charges.

Bint was claiming that I don't express my opinions openly when I disagree with someone.

I openly expressed my opinion as to what it is about her that I have a problem with and why I have likely held back from saying anything about it to her before, because I see her as somewhat fragile and I would not want to feel responsible for her harming herself again.
imo and going from personal experience, no one person can make another person harm themselves or commit suicide, etc. Because that person makes that choice for themselves. So there is no point in feeling responsible for a choice someone else made.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »

imo and going from personal experience, no one person can make another person harm themselves or commit suicide, etc. Because that person makes that choice for themselves. So there is no point in feeling responsible for a choice someone else made.

You are right there.

Yet I do understand how in some situations people mentally tiptoe around people spreading self-harming and suicidal thoughts. Been there, done that. Because there can be this guilt-tripping play going on too, leaving bystanders with the nasty idea they could have prevented it. Don't think the situation here is that way though.

Other reason to hold back can be that you just can't be arsed to get involved. Been there and done that too. OR because the drama it could evoke is just too much there and then, waiting for a better timing. Been there and done that too.

But you are right, unless in ways of real cruelty and mental and physical violence, people cannot make another commit suicide or harm themselves. The urge to do that is within the person doing that. And what ever triggers it, it is still their decision. And I don't think it is at stake here.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2009, 02:39:21 AM »
I don't think it is at stake either. Gus is in charge of herself in this way.

:plus: for describing what I was thinking!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 02:47:07 AM »
I think you can make someone kill themselves if you put your mind to it. You'd have to be a sick minded person to do that though.

Also another thing to consider, is that a lot of times people kill themselves when you think that they are doing much better than usual. (poorly worded).

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 02:54:17 AM »
I think you can make someone kill themselves if you put your mind to it. You'd have to be a sick minded person to do that though.

Also another thing to consider, is that a lot of times people kill themselves when you think that they are doing much better than usual. (poorly worded).

Yes, it can happen, but those are cases of extreme mental and or physical violence and cruelty. Sick minded persons indeed, doing that. Not at stake here.

And people self harming or killing themselves when you don't expect it. Alas, happens a lot. And it just cannot be seen and noticed. That's the whole thing. So ending up then, with extreme guilt-feelings is in the mind of the one feeling the guilt, not really being guilty of what happened, but feeling the weight of it heavily. The if only.

[/derail?]
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »

lololol The one where I gheyed ou for the weather was ALSO for no reason. Why would I ghey you for the weather? I saw you going on about the 69 thing and you were currently one or two BELOW 69, so I decided I'd start gheying you for random posts. I'd probably have started plussing you for random posts if you'd been on 70 or 71

I coud probably go through MSN chatlogs and find the part where I was laughing about it with Bint. But I don'tthink I can be arsed  :zoinks:

Christ allmighty you are stupid  :lolhit:

Scrapheap

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »
How is SHE a liar?

fixed.  :police: 

Quote from: Bintytard
God you're thick.

Pot calling the wind-driven snow, black.  :wanker:

Scrapheap

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »
Christ allmighty I'm stupid  :lolhit:

fixed.  :police:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 03:44:27 PM »
I think the issue centers around Callaway's "angelic"/"nice"/"nurturing" persona/tendencies.  I think members:
A)  Resent that she is too "perfect"/"nice"/etc
B)  Resent it when she is not 100% "perfect"/"nice"/etc. (i.e. does not conform to the idealized standards they have set for her based on their perception of her)
and/or
C)  Feel threatened by how well she is able to hold her own in arguments when she actually does have them on here

She generally does make a great deal of sense in what she posts.  She generally does not nitpick or confront unless she feels quite strongly (at least, that is my intuition).  I also think that when she uses karma instead of posting, it's somewhat of a meduim between confronting and not reactinhg at all.  I.e., a way of avoiding making a federal issue out of things/starting some huge war, but still having a reaction.  I could be wrong on that, though.

...jesus, how many times have I given the same basic "this-is-why-callaway-freaks-people-out" speech on here?

I think I was the first to clash with Callaway here. I think you missed why people have an issue with Callaway by a little bit. Her "niceness" can come across as a false front because she is on occasion bitchy in subtle ways. Eclair used the term "fly under the radar bitchyness". This can lead to the impression that she's a mean spirited person who goes to great lenghts to hide it.  :police:

I think that PMS Elle is right. 

I see what you're saying, though.  Since I'm a mostly kind person who is not always perfectly nice, some people may think the niceness is just a facade.

It's not though.  I have never pretended to be perfect, but I'm a pretty nice person who has flaws just like everyone else does. 

I think it's interesting that nobody would question that a person who was mostly unkind but not always completely cruel just had an unkind facade and went to great lengths to hide it.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »
Because there isn't anything obvious to get out of that

Although some people do actually suspect that of a few people - that they're not as nasty as they make themselves out to be

I don't mind if someone is nice all the time

I just would rather someone told me what they think of me to my face. I prefer to know where I stand with people and always assumed that most others were the same on these sites - I mean a lot of us had the bitchy "nice-to-your-face-but-dont-like-you-really" crap in high school, so I guess it just reminds me of that

Obviously people have their different personalities and different ways of handling things, but that is just the way I find it easier to get along with people, as I no longer trust people who don't say it to your face when they have a problem with you