Educational

Author Topic: What are you not doing right now...  (Read 14579 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: What are you not doing right now...
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 02:17:26 AM »
Not sleeping yet either.
Guardian of the Empire

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2006, 04:20:54 AM »
Not stopping smoking.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 04:25:43 AM »
not thinking about when my next spliff will be...

DAMMIT

ok not not thinking about when my next spliff will be ...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 04:33:32 AM »
Not stopping smoking.

last night was the first time i really, really wanted to be smoking again.  i didn't want a cigarette, and didn't want to start again, i just wanted to fucking well give myself SOMETHING to do to stop me eating  :'(

not bad on the not smoking front, considering i smoked for 28 years, and have stopped for just under 3 months.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2006, 04:37:34 AM »
Not stopping smoking.

last night was the first time i really, really wanted to be smoking again.  i didn't want a cigarette, and didn't want to start again, i just wanted to fucking well give myself SOMETHING to do to stop me eating  :'(

not bad on the not smoking front, considering i smoked for 28 years, and have stopped for just under 3 months.

That's really good- part of me wants to stop (for a start think of all the scrummy yarn I could buy with the money I wasn't wasting on fags), but part of me enjoys smoking too.  I keep waiting for the right moment to stop, thinking I'll stop when the latest stress is dealt wth, but there always seems to be more stresses waiting in line.  Sometimes I think life is just one big joke to someone.

I didn't start smoking till I was 23 and I stopped the second I was pregnant with Xander- I was stopped for almost a year but I still started again :(

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2006, 04:39:33 AM »
any time you decide you don't want to smoke anymore, let me know, and i'll help as much as i can.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »
any time you decide you don't want to smoke anymore, let me know, and i'll help as much as i can.

Thanks for that- I am planning to stop next monday- I want to start on a monday because then I have a full school week with all 3 kids not at home all day to help get me through it.  It was going to be yesterday- but Caitlin was only back at school for 2 days before she became ill.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2006, 04:51:55 AM »
make a plan before you stop, then.  i've posted some useful links on the nicotine gum thread, i think.  if not, i'll try and find them again.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2006, 04:52:36 AM »
make a plan before you stop, then.  i've posted some useful links on the nicotine gum thread, i think.  if not, i'll try and find them again.

Thanks I'll check those out  :)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2006, 04:53:38 AM »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2006, 04:56:35 AM »
you beat me to it - soz:

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/Home/

Nah I didn't have chance to look for the link yet so thanks for posting it here.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2006, 05:12:57 AM »
Well got that one wrong. :-[ :laugh:
this is the what aren't you doing thread.

and i suggest for kevv; not being sober.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2006, 05:16:45 AM »
Not stopping smoking.

That's really good- part of me wants to stop (for a start think of all the scrummy yarn I could buy with the money I wasn't wasting on fags), but part of me enjoys smoking too.  I keep waiting for the right moment to stop, thinking I'll stop when the latest stress is dealt wth, but there always seems to be more stresses waiting in line.  Sometimes I think life is just one big joke to someone.

I didn't start smoking till I was 23 and I stopped the second I was pregnant with Xander- I was stopped for almost a year but I still started again :(
i have been smoking for 20 years.

i would like to stop, and have several times.  but the thing that gets me is the sense of loss.  its like i lost my best friend.  having smoked for so long it seems like cigerettes have been with me through all the good times and all the bad times, just there.
whenever i quite smoking i feel depressed.  like a death in the family would make me happier than losing my fags
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:56:58 AM by McJagger »
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2006, 05:54:29 AM »

i would like to stop, and have several times.  but the thing that gets me is the sense of loss.  its like i lost my best friend.  having smoked for so long it seems like cigerettes have been with me through all the good times and all the bad times, just there.
whenever i quite smoking i feel depressed.  like a death in the family would make me happier than losing my fags.

yep, i can understand that.  my theory is that you REALLY have to want to stop.  as in really really.  people are always telling you about letting go of something (spot the serial dumpee), and that's practically a doddle, when you really want to let go.  but it ain't going to happen until you want to.

maybe it's an Earth sign thing.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2006, 05:57:33 AM »

whenever i quite smoking i feel depressed.  like a death in the family would make me happier than losing my fags.

yep, i can understand that.  my theory is that you REALLY have to want to stop.  as in really really.  people are always telling you about letting go of something (spot the serial dumpee), and that's practically a doddle, when you really want to let go.  but it ain't going to happen until you want to.

maybe it's an Earth sign thing.

That's part of my problem- I don't really want to, I just know I should.