Author Topic: What are you not doing right now...  (Read 14442 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you not doing right now...
« Reply #735 on: January 19, 2017, 02:30:30 AM »
Anyone here look far younger than they are, and/or seem to age slowly? I'd be interested to know how common it is, and what the gender divide is, as well as match for autism phenotype (classic, aspie, rett's, PDD or whatever the fuck they are calling it these days when they haven't the faintest idea), so far though I've only really observed this in 'lfa' (ew ew ew i hate that term) auties and close on the spectrum, for the most part at least. And despite at least rumour has it, that autism is more common in males than females (my money is on it being more of a harder to spot, as well as manifesting differently in anything other than full or noear full phenotypic expression. Which isn't to say that penetrance is the same. But if many genes in what aooears to have a large swathe of altered genes responsible for the phenotype in MOST cases are X-linked, then being female will make a dramatic difference in expression, or, as in the monogenetic Rett's syndrome, the causative mutation (in a protein called MECP2,) a knockdown of function mutation, MECP2 knockout, complete loss of function is lethal in utero, whilst knokdown, or partial loss of function or expression is survivable and leads in females to Rett syndrome whilst it kills males at the foetus stage, since MECP2 is X-linked, and girls, having two X chromosomes, have a backup, and its variable what dose of altered gene the female gets, as only one of the two X chromosomes is active in any one cell, the other sex chromosome being inactivated at random by a process called lyonization, after which it forms a Barr body, the leftovers basically. But males, unless they have some other co-occuring mutation like an XXY karyotype don't survive pregnancy, or if they do its not lfor long, and you thus do not see guys with Rett syndrome, aside from a tiny, tiny handful of cases where it must, by chance, occur rogether.
Not sure about far younger. But you have seen my pics and I am a few weeks off being 40.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #736 on: January 19, 2017, 05:22:48 AM »
Anyone here look far younger than they are, and/or seem to age slowly? I'd be interested to know how common it is, and what the gender divide is, as well as match for autism phenotype (classic, aspie, rett's, PDD or whatever the fuck they are calling it these days when they haven't the faintest idea), so far though I've only really observed this in 'lfa' (ew ew ew i hate that term) auties and close on the spectrum, for the most part at least. And despite at least rumour has it, that autism is more common in males than females (my money is on it being more of a harder to spot, as well as manifesting differently in anything other than full or noear full phenotypic expression. Which isn't to say that penetrance is the same. But if many genes in what aooears to have a large swathe of altered genes responsible for the phenotype in MOST cases are X-linked, then being female will make a dramatic difference in expression, or, as in the monogenetic Rett's syndrome, the causative mutation (in a protein called MECP2,) a knockdown of function mutation, MECP2 knockout, complete loss of function is lethal in utero, whilst knokdown, or partial loss of function or expression is survivable and leads in females to Rett syndrome whilst it kills males at the foetus stage, since MECP2 is X-linked, and girls, having two X chromosomes, have a backup, and its variable what dose of altered gene the female gets, as only one of the two X chromosomes is active in any one cell, the other sex chromosome being inactivated at random by a process called lyonization, after which it forms a Barr body, the leftovers basically. But males, unless they have some other co-occuring mutation like an XXY karyotype don't survive pregnancy, or if they do its not lfor long, and you thus do not see guys with Rett syndrome, aside from a tiny, tiny handful of cases where it must, by chance, occur rogether.
Not sure about far younger. But you have seen my pics and I am a few weeks off being 40.

I'm almost 51 and I've been told I look 30-ish.  I don't drink, drug, smoke, or tan, and I have
  oily skin (as my mother did) that doesn't get too crepey.  Unlike my mother, I have
  very few gray hairs.  I also dress "young" for my age and don't wear makeup or style
  my hair much.  I don't know how much of my looking young is neurologically based, if any.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #737 on: January 19, 2017, 07:12:34 AM »
^Just saw your photo and you're right, you do look pretty young. Certainly not 51.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #738 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
I don't know how old I look. I sound young.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #739 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:22 PM »
You look, to me, about 17-20 ren. And for 40, I confess, I find you to very attractive. Don't take that the wrong way. But I do think you are an absolute stunner in terms of physical looks, and in terms of, at least in so far as I or anyone else here who doesn't know you in meatspace, quite lovely inside too.

Gorgeous outside and lovely in terms of what inhabits the meat suit. And yes, that stare of yours is really, really hot. I'f I'd been witness to it in meatspace you might well have had to pick my tongue up and remove it from my shoelaces, if your any better at undoing overtied knots in laces that are hard to pick apart. Because it would have fallen out and gotten tangled:)

Of all the people on here, you are, one of my favourite posters ren:)

You just..well...give me a case of the warm fuzzies:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #740 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »
Awww, thanks Lestat. You do know how to say lovely things to make a person feel good.

Especially about age. I'm feeling old lately due to a milestone birthday coming up. In my mind I feel so young and immature but my body is betraying me. But I'll get over it. I did when I turned 30!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #741 on: January 20, 2017, 04:31:56 AM »
Well I've no idea about internal organs etc. and metabolism, but you don't look 30 let alone 40.

As I've said about my stalker before, some women age like fine wine, some like a cheese. The former get finer the latter gte mouldier and stinkier.

Your definitely a wine (or a craft beer one perhaps, since I don't like ANY wine, the taste or smell of it knocks me sick, likewise any other fermented grape products).

And ren I wasn't saying it solely for your benefit, I was saying it because I believe it true. If I didn't, I wouldn't resort to lying in order to make someone feel good. I care about you and your wellbeing, but precisely for that reason, I will not dissemble and lie to those whom I care for. Such might be done all the time by NTs, but I find it disgusting.

All that said, I know what you mean about feeling a lot younger than chronological age. Its great isn't it? I feel the same way, although tempered by a lot of hardship and unpleasantness along the way. Innocence, none of that. But theres still that sparkle and iridescence to the world, like looking out through a bubble. Albeit one of one-way glass. I can see out alright, but it seems difficult for others who aren't on the spectrum to see in, if they can at all. No complaints about that for the most part, save sometimes having to really dumb things down to mollusc-level for some hope of being understood. But it suits me to have NTs see only those bits of me I wish them to see.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:41:22 AM by Lestat »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #742 on: January 20, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
^Just saw your photo and you're right, you do look pretty young. Certainly not 51.

Thank you.  :)  I credit good genes, clean living, and immaturity!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #743 on: January 20, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »
I'm feeling old lately due to a milestone birthday coming up.
40s are turning out to be favorite years.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #744 on: January 20, 2017, 08:38:15 PM »
It would be nice if they turn out to be so.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #745 on: January 21, 2017, 07:32:00 AM »

I'm hoping my 50s will be the best yet!  :arrr:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #746 on: January 21, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »

I'm hoping my 50s will be the best yet!  :arrr:

Agreed.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #747 on: January 21, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
Circumstances have something to do with that. Had the kids young, so 40s were accompanied by a sense of freedom not experienced since teen years. It's nice.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #748 on: January 22, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »
Circumstances have something to do with that. Had the kids young, so 40s were accompanied by a sense of freedom not experienced since teen years. It's nice.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was 1 month and 3 days shy of 40 and PA was 47 when The PR was born.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #749 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »
How is the PR doing? I was just thinking of her earlier actually:)

How is the royal purrtyful one? Do pass her my warmest regards. With your conveying less of her recently, I know this is odd, but I've managed to miss someone I've not had the honour of speaking to in person. Strange, I know but true, she is missed, and I really hope she is both well and as happy as she deserves to be :)