Educational

Author Topic: What the fuck are you reading now?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
Re: What the fuck are you reading now?
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »
I've been reading The Black Company series by Glen Cook
Fucked-up dark militaristic fantasy, like Tolkien on a bad acid trip, I'm fucking loving it!
in the middle of the third book now, the Tracker character in the 3rd book seems aspie-ish!
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »
DragonBall Manga #15

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »
HAA!

... found something Badger Tom posted.
 :headbang2:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:35:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »

I just  smoked through, "Autism's False Prophets. Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure"  by Paul A. Offit

It is a work exposing almost legendary (at this point) bullshit schemes in the public eye, by one doctor who has spent much of his career debunking improper science and trying to get people to see autism differently from the "curable disease" scenario with which most outsiders view the phenomenon that is our way of being.

I had only briefly read of his work before this book.

From the "Forward"  text of this book:

"Children with autism have been placed on stringent diets, subjected to high-temperature saunas, bathed in magnetic clay, asked to swallow digestive enzymes and activated charcoal, and injected with various combinations of vitamins, minerals, and acids. Instead of helping, these therapies can hurt those who are most vulnerable, and particularly in the case of autism, they undermine childhood vaccination programs that have saved millions of lives. An overwhelming body of scientific evidence clearly shows that childhood vaccines are safe and does not cause autism. Yet widespread fear of vaccines on the part of parents persists.

In this book, Paul A. Offit, a national expert on vaccines, challenges the modern-day false prophets who have so egregiously misled the public and exposes the opportunism of the lawyers, journalists, celebrities, and politicians who support them. Offit recounts the history of autism research and the exploitation of this tragic condition by advocates and zealots. He considers the manipulation of science in the popular media and the courtroom, and he explores why society is susceptible to the bad science and risky therapies put forward by many antivaccination activists."

Sorry if I seem obsessed, but I still have homework to do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »
Son of a witch. Its about the wicked witch of the west's son from the wizard of oz. Actually its kinda cool.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Lef magazine

Its hard to read the other ones I have, automony related and all.    How is this different from exercise?  My immediate health, of which I worked so hard to get, is something I can't neglect "reading".  Immediate diaster will become apparent,   as I worked so hard.  It would affect my mood to, then cognitive fuctions as result of the mood.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

P7PSP

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
SuperVolcano by John Savino and Marie D. Jones. It's about the Toba eruption 74,000 years ago.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2009, 11:17:05 PM »
"Did you know that Barry Manilow raids your wardrobe?"

That line still cracks me up. That and "Don't blaze up in here, wastoid!"
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2009, 02:08:39 AM »

A few Ludlum things going (when I get a new one, I usually read all the old ones in the series again for fun)  and "Gorky Park" (I love how that one starts out!!)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
The Seven Daughters of Eve, Julia and Julie, David Copperfield, With This Puzzle I Thee Kill
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: