Author Topic: Intervening so your kids don't end up gay  (Read 798 times)

Blasted

Intervening so your kids don't end up gay
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »
TOW found this awful book on Amazon  :zombiefuck:

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Guide-Preventing-Homosexuality/dp/0830823794/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259436061&sr=8-1

"Surprisingly often the gender-confused adolescent has a physical handicap or limitation (such as asthma) that, in his mind, blocks him from gaining full acceptance from his peers. It is up to both the therapist and the parents to help the adolescent make a realistic assessment of that limitation and to show him that often this is an excuse to stay stuck in a posture of inferiority."

"The penis is the essential symbol of masculinity -- the unmistakable difference between male and female. This undeniable anatomical difference should be emphasized to the boy in therapy. As psychoanalyst Richard Green has noted, the effeminate boy (whom he bluntly calls the "sissy boy") views his own penis as an alien, mysterious object. If he does not succeed in "owning" his own penis, he will grow into an adult who will find continuing fascination in the penises of other men."

It's scary that some parents actually go out, buy and read this shit :twitch:

Blasted

Re: Intervening so your kids don't end up gay
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
"Yes. But I really DO think there's something wrong." By now, Mrs. Johnson's voice sounded sharp and determined. "Last week," she said, "Stevie insisted I get him a Pocahontas doll. And then I saw you on TV. You were describing my son to a T, Dr. Nicolosi. And if you're right, then Stevie will grow up --" Then she hesitated as if afraid to say the word. "He'll be gay. That's what you said. And to be honest, that's why I called you." Her voice began to quaver. "Doctor, WILL my son grow up gay?"

:lol:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »
How many I've seen freak out on their kid in a store somewhere because they've picked up a doll to play with.  ::)

I remember one, he couldn't have been more than 2, you would have swore the way his mom and dad carried on, that he took a lightsaber and tried to hold up the cashier with it.

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
A little boy who lived below my best friend when I was a kid, used to always come over to play with her Barbie dolls.  He grew up straight  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
My kids know a guy whose parnents are sending him to therapy to work out his gayness :zombiefuck:   WTF if that was the only concern about my kids I.d be one happy camper
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »
I lol'd.   Let kids play with whatever they want to play with, jeez.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
Yeah I used to play with knives and plug sockets when I was a kid

Didn't do me any harm

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »

Didn't do me any harm
Bags of broken glass are fun too.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »

Didn't do me any harm

How about the others? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 05:17:57 PM »
Bags of broken glass were fun yeah... but tbh I used to prefer just playing with the empty bags. As long as it was a plastic bag. I liked to play putting it over my head.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
Bags of broken glass were fun yeah... but tbh I used to prefer just playing with the empty bags. As long as it was a plastic bag. I liked to play putting it over my head.
Yeah, oxygen deprivation ftw.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
It's so funny you posted this bint because I was thinking about starting a thread about how people hate homosexuality. I honestly do not understand why people have problem with homosexuality. They're not hurting anyone by having a relationship with the same sex. Fucking humanity sometimes! /rant

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
It's so funny you posted this bint because I was thinking about starting a thread about how people hate homosexuality. I honestly do not understand why people have problem with homosexuality. They're not hurting anyone by having a relationship with the same sex. Fucking humanity sometimes! /rant

I agree. Have to admit that about a decade ago I was a genuine homophobic, but over time, I realize how ridiculous my thinking was, and these days I accept gays for who they are.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
There's gays, and there's obnoxious queens that even gay men hate. No problem with the former, big problem with the latter.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »
Yeah, oxygen deprivation ftw.

Ah Soph, it is all coming so much clearer. Now I wonder what explains your Borg twin?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap