Educational

Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 12661 times)

Blasted

Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »
I think I'm quite girly.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 03:00:01 PM by Bint »

Celticgoddess

« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »
I'm pretty neutral.  I have a my girly moments and then not. Depends on who I'm with and what I'm doing.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
I'm pretty neutral.  I have a my girly moments and then not. Depends what I'm on and who I'm doing.
fixed
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »
I'm pretty neutral.  I have a my girly moments and then not. Depends what I'm on and who I'm doing.
fixed

:plus:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2009, 07:58:28 PM »
Am I totally mistranslating this, or is Sir Les trying to say that in order to identify as female, one must act traditionally female/feminine, and in order to identify as male, one must act traditionally male/masculine?  Because, shit, that would pretty much rob me of my gender.

No you don't. Were you though to consider yourself Transgender you would need to understand and appreciate yourself what the gender you identified yourself was about (anything less is just bullshit). I could say at this point being a man is having a penis and being a woman is having a vagina. This is a cop out. A lot of who we are is to do with cultural and societal mores and how we fall in line in behaviour and thinking. How we take this on without question and adopt the thinking as our own. Questioning, replacing and modifying this brings us closer to accepting that identity and taking that role. To what you HAVE to change that is a personal choice of course. Ought Soph Soph fart with impunity, wolf whistle girls in the street and scratch her genitals in an over the top caricature to adopt stereotypical bloke associated roles? No. At the same time if the only change Soph was to make was in the idea Soph was a not a girl and that Soph wanted to be known as the other gender, not have a feminine associated haircut or clothes, this is hardly more than lip service to being other than your physical gender. Somewhere between the two extremes is where Soph is. Some stuff Soph will replace and object to and some stuff Soph will not replace as it will not suit the way Soph will be comfortable with. In the meantime Soph will have this process to go through and have to question and defend pretty much all aspects of life from time to time.

Les can you just explain what you're on about in a couple sentences? It's difficult to understand your long posts sometimes (I'm sure you'll say that's me being thick, but I don't care. and I'm not taking the piss, I really do find it difficult to read what you're saying sometimes)

I don't care if people think I'm not masculine enough or I'm too girly or I can't be a guy coz I have a squeeky voice. None of these things mean shit to me and I din't think I'm sensitive - obviously if people are talking about me then I'm gonna reply, especially if I think what they'er saying about me is wrong

Anyway, basically what I am saying is I don't care if OTHER people view me as not being masculine enough to be a guy. I know who and what I am myself, and I am cool with that.

You are perfectly able to be who or whatever you want to be and have the right to defend that. Transgender is a way of being and not a lifestyle choice. However from the moment you are born society has been bombarding you with values and mores. In order to understand the gender that you identify as you need to understand what that is. If you don't and if you say,"No I am all good I will be whatever I am and call myself "he"", without understanding what "he" means or what "male" is about, then you will fall short of anything approaching "he" and "male".

i would be male. i took a gender test and came out as male. i also typically think in a male way and don't understand women at all. but i like having a female body, i mean i don't mind it, nor do i mind make up or being girly. people who have some weird gender stereotype in their heads are just afraid. les is probably afraid to face the ambiguousness of gender and sexuality.

I don't have "some weird gender stereotype in my head". I know that gender is ambiguous. Of course it is easy to accuse and harder to back isn't it Milla. "les is probably afraid to face the ambiguousness of gender and sexuality." Probably not. Back your bullshit Milla.

I don't think he himself knows what he's on about.

That is pure projection Bint. You have no fucking clue and this is why spam works for you so well and why you are constantly in a rut of despair and despondency. You are too stupid to take control of your situation and too idiotic to see what crap you are about to put yourself into. Don't know what you are on about? That is so you, you fucking loser.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #365 on: December 05, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
I don't see why I need to do or be anything other than myself.

No two men and no two women are the same and I don't understand what it is to be a man any more than I understand what it is to be a woman. That doesn't matter to me. I understand what I am and I know where I see myself on any kind of gender spectrum.

Plenty of biologically male guys are very feminine as well and don't fit the stereotype, yet that doesn't make them any less of [whatever they identify as]

You can all sit here all day saying I should do this or neeed to appreciate that etc etc etc. None of that means shit to me really. I'm happy with being somewher in the middle when it comes to some masculine-feminine scale

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
I don't identify as male or female really. More neutral, I guess. My mum used to try and get me to wear girly clothes but I never liked them. Recently I said something about wearing guys clothes and she said that it was because of my sensory issues. Ok then... :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2009, 08:47:38 PM »
lol My mum thinks I wear guys clothes coz of sensory stuff as well. She thinks most stuf is down to my AS though

GalileoAce

« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »
The binary view gender is flawed and false. I tried to explain that. But it seems some people just don't get it.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
i'm a gay penguin

GalileoAce

« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
This thread annoys me now. *stops watching*

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
Gender itself is ambiguous. However it's social expectations of gender roles, that enforces that notion that by biological sex that all men are masculine, all women are feminine. If you try to deviate from expectation, you'll become alienated by those who strongly believe in those expectations. It's also hard to alter expectations to add diversity, because people feel secure about themselves in certainty, and having absolute conceptions of what is right or wrong, what is good or evil, what is safe or dangerous helps fulfil that certainty. When that certainty is threatened, they'll automatically perceive it as a threat or be so scared of it, they will prefer to destroy or hide it, rather than try to understand it.

You'll find that problem applies to nearly every issue of prejudice that exist.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:53:06 PM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »
Buy hey, I didn't write the social rules. Personally, I find it petty and ridiculous to hold such negative views against others over things like that. I mean humanity has reached a level where prejudice of difference should be a dying concept, not recurring.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:39:43 PM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
Prejudice of difference will always be here. The best way is to grow a pair and ignore it, rather than trying to combat it.

Besides, pretty much everyone is prejudiced to some degree and it affects all walks of lives and viewpoints. For example, people almost instantly prejudice if you have a different viewpoint and try to tell you that what you think is wrong and what they think is right. They will look down on the people who disagree, similar to how people look down on blacks, similar to people who look down on smokers, etc.

This is why I think it's pretty silly to try to advocate for change and whatnot, if change happens it will never get rid of the underlying prejudice and will only mask it. People who advocated for change will still endure this prejudice.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #374 on: December 06, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »
Prejudice of difference will always be here. The best way is to grow a pair and ignore it, rather than trying to combat it.

Besides, pretty much everyone is prejudiced to some degree and it affects all walks of lives and viewpoints. For example, people almost instantly prejudice if you have a different viewpoint and try to tell you that what you think is wrong and what they think is right. They will look down on the people who disagree, similar to how people look down on blacks, similar to people who look down on smokers, etc.

This is why I think it's pretty silly to try to advocate for change and whatnot, if change happens it will never get rid of the underlying prejudice and will only mask it. People who advocated for change will still endure this prejudice.

Or as likely, substitute it with another kind. Because advocating against prejudice by resorting to prejudice itself, only transfers the problem and doesn't eliminate it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:25:44 AM by Singularity »