Author Topic: Send me your WP mod problems  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
Send me your WP mod problems
« on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:46 PM »
As part of an ongoing project, I'm documenting misconduct by the moderators over on Wrong Planet, and though I have a pretty good personal file of them breaking their own rules, abusing members, etc, I would like more evidence showing a pattern of abuse against a wide variety of members there.  I figured this would be a good place to start get some more egregious examples since there's such a high percentage of disgruntled former WP members here, so please post or PM me links to the relevant threads, or if you have copies of any abusive PMs, I'll take those too.  I'm especially looking for clearly abusive behaviors in open threads that can be directly linked to involving the current moderators, the more links to these incidents I can acquire, the higher my chances of success with the project outlined below rise.

Without going into specifics, among other things I'm putting together a packet discouraging other autism groups from supporting WP or linking to the site, and need as much hard proof as possible that WP is not a good place to send people with autistic spectrum disorders looking for camaraderie or support until they fix their site management.  Once I feel that I have sufficient documentation and a persuasive argument, I'll be distributing the packet through a variety of methods throughout the online AS community, at which point any discussion that follows can be used as sources when editing the Wikipedia entry on WrongPlanet that Alex is (in)famously protective of, adding a criticisms and controversy section for example.  Since WP relies upon GoogleAds and donations to exist, by creating an atmosphere of disrepute around WP I should be able to cut into those and put sufficient pressure on both the site and Alex personally to make the necessary changes to restore that site to being a safe place for aspies.  I'm aware that this is a lofty goal, but I've got the time and the inclination, and with a bit of support I don't think it's terribly far fetched.   

Just to clarify in advance, I'm not "plotting to destroy WP", out for some petty revenge, or anything stupid like that, I just happen to think that the way that WP is being run is a genuine menace to people with AS, and that WP is often the first stop online for the newly diagnosed by way of it's high profile and inflated user count, and that something ought to be done about it.  I'd be lying if I said ousting some of the current moderators over there wouldn't be immensely personally satisfying, but if that alone was my goal there are easier ways of going about it that I could have gone. If you agree with me, great, if not, fine as well, just don't waste both of our time with nonconstructive criticism junking up my thread.

Scrapheap

Re: Send me your WP mod problems
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
In my initial banning from WP, as Scrapheap, I was given no prior warning before I was banned. Alex made several posts claiming that he gave me several warnings and had discussed the issue with me, when in fact he never contacted me, nor did any of the mods. I think Calandale was a mod at the time so maybe he can add a some to the story since Alex did discuss my banning on the "secret" moderation board.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »
Too many to document but I can start by giving you my most recent one.

I got this PM from Quartermass about something I said in a thread where Tim Tex was attention whoring:

Quote from: Quatermass
Quote from: hale_bopp
Why do you make these attention seeking threads?

You won't leave. Anyone who truly leaves usually just stealths out.
How do you know everyone hates you for these reasons? Did you PM 31,000 members?

If you're here for universal popularity, sorry buddy but it isn't going to happen. From what I've seen the majority of the members here don't have anything against you.

If you waste your time dwelling on a minority who do you're going to be "leaving" for the rest of your life.

Please do not make these kinds of posts, hale_bopp. This is so far from helpful, it is in another country.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 02:16:10 AM »
Too many to document but I can start by giving you my most recent one.

I got this PM from Quartermass about something I said in a thread where Tim Tex was attention whoring:

Quote from: Quatermass
Quote from: hale_bopp
Why do you make these attention seeking threads?

You won't leave. Anyone who truly leaves usually just stealths out.
How do you know everyone hates you for these reasons? Did you PM 31,000 members?

If you're here for universal popularity, sorry buddy but it isn't going to happen. From what I've seen the majority of the members here don't have anything against you.

If you waste your time dwelling on a minority who do you're going to be "leaving" for the rest of your life.

Please do not make these kinds of posts, hale_bopp. This is so far from helpful, it is in another country.

QM is probably the most blatantly rude of the current bunch, though if you count veiled condescension his ranking slips a bit.  When I first joined WP I got all sorts of warnings about him via PM when it became clear that I didn't subscribe to left wing political ideals and wasn't afraid to call out a mod, but other than him just being an ass I never had too much trouble with him personally, it's Sins and Lau that I crossed.  Check out some of my responses to QM in the "read and take to heart" thread in PPR, if I ever thought I was pushing a ban in my time on WP that was it, but nothing ever came of it, yet I later get the hammer for comparatively nothing, go figure.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 04:46:18 AM »
I remember that GalileoAce was banned with no warning in early 2006. When his account was reinstated, his moderator status was still listed until he asked for the title to be removed.

If you go to some of the first introduction threads,you will see some other members listed as moderators even though they left the site a long time ago.

I have been warned for posting a link to here.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »
Are you going to hunt them down and shoot them? :zoinks:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »
lol going through my PMs.

Here is a "moderator warning" I recieved.

Quote from: makuranososhi
Publicly accusing someone of being a troll goes against site policy; either contact the member directly (and politely) in a PM or contact a moderator about the problem.

M.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »
Are you going to hunt them down and shoot them? :zoinks:

Don't think it didn't cross my mind, Sins is within easy driving distance and is easy to find...  However, that would both be incredibly stupid and too easy, breaking their petty authority would probably do about as much mental damage as a bullet to the head would, and it's even legal!  :lol:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »
WHO FUCKING CARES?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 12:35:45 AM »
If you have problems with WP, you should just not post there anymore.   The site isn't worth complaining about.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »

Publicly accusing someone of being a troll goes against site policy; either contact the member directly (and politely) in a PM or contact a moderator about the problem.

M.

:lol: Alex "publicly accused" me of being a troll. Does that mean that he gets banned for violating the TOS??  :lol:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 01:19:38 AM »

M.

:lol: Alex "publicly accused" me of being a troll. Does that mean that he gets banned for violating the TOS??  :lol:

Also what bloody good is PM'ing the troll going to do except fuel them more?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
Also what bloody good is PM'ing the troll going to do except fuel them more?

And with an added bonus of them focusing on you.  :laugh:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »
Alex once called my friend Kilroy a troll.

About my mod problems, I have talked about it to death already. My posts about it are floating around here now. Take a look in the Bitch About It board where I bitch about the worst glitch at WP which turned out to be done by sinsboldly.

DukeNukem

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »
I like to vandalize the Wikipedia article of Wrong Planet!  :zoinks: