Author Topic: Going to church  (Read 749 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Going to church
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:13 AM »
Religious folk don't like my kind. They just take one look at me and gawk. The ladies i work with some of them are Christian. Their just a bunch of prim and proper smile and nodders. One at work looked at me and said "Your jeans have seen better days" I just went "uh yeah...im getting new ones soon"
but I was really thinking

"It must be so nice to be so god damn perfect and throw away your clothes over a mere rip and continue your white collar receptionist jobs so you can keep consuming boring ass clothes from department stores and acting all fake."

Church ladies are like that.  Their strange creatures. Their kind of swan-like. They look all prim and proper and everything an expected woman in society should be when
really their nasty towards others who are unlike themselves.

At least they look good under their hubbies arms, I guess. Asides that, all I can say about them is :puke:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:52 AM »
That's probably why I wouldn't go out of my way to integrate into such groups for socializing. The nature of the people and environment would drive me nuts to be honest.

But that's just my opinion. However it's a good way to establish yourself in the community at large though, if that's your goal.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:08:49 AM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 06:17:14 AM »
Some of their Christian friends told me I'd be going to hell if I didn't believe and all that crap, I jsut said ' :finger:' and couldn't be bothered with it.
:lol: That was a rather succint response.

Scrapheap

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
Church ladies are like that.  Their strange creatures. Their kind of swan-like. They look all prim and proper and everything an expected woman in society should be when

That's been my experience too, I've seen both sexes practice this though. Christianity is, more often than not, worn as a mask to hide the true persons faults.

The last shop I worked for, the boss and his wife were "devout christians". They were the cheapest, stingiest people I've ever seen. Most of their employees were either Mexican or Vietnamese, they complained about me being a white guy who was "used to getting paid Aerospace wages".

They showed up to work in matching Porsche Cayannes, The boss had about $500,000 of "toys" (race cars and dune buggies) in the shop, and his wife had a $6,000 boob job and a $20,000 diamond studded cross around her neck to show how much Jesus loved her.

Fucking hypocrites!  :grrr:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »

That's been my experience too, I've seen both sexes practice this though. Christianity is, more often than not, worn as a mask to hide the true persons faults.

The last shop I worked for, the boss and his wife were "devout christians". They were the cheapest, stingiest people I've ever seen. Most of their employees were either Mexican or Vietnamese, they complained about me being a white guy who was "used to getting paid Aerospace wages".

They showed up to work in matching Porsche Cayannes, The boss had about $500,000 of "toys" (race cars and dune buggies) in the shop, and his wife had a $6,000 boob job and a $20,000 diamond studded cross around her neck to show how much Jesus loved her.

Fucking hypocrites!  :grrr:

I'd have to so agree with that. I once working in a factory owned by my step dads brother who was a born again something or other christian and a pastor, and they were stingy as fuck, paid the absolute minimum they could and never went over in anything. Had all the toys and investment properties etc.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »
Keep in mind that not all churches are christian oriented.  I've been occasionally going to a Unitarian Universalist church.  The UU is a secular church that preaches humanism.  The pastor at the church I go to is an atheist, never once throughout the whole service is any form of higher deity ever mentioned, instead the pastor talks about helping your fellow man.  It's every good thing about church without the religion.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 06:08:09 AM »
I've always been curious about goin to a universalist church.  I presently go to a super libreal church that marries gays and lets us kep books about new age /occult, buddihsm there.  A lot of gay and trans people go there and feel safe.  Its not look like a church from the outside, its hidden in a warehouse.  They do work for charity about Palestine.