Author Topic: Classic perversion of justice  (Read 363 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Classic perversion of justice
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:09:11 AM »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Classic perversion of justice
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
The court system is seriously fucked.  The only ones to make out on it are those that work for it.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:51:46 AM »
The court system IS seriously fucked, but even more so in Mariposa County.
The first thing I would have said to that deputy is "WTF are you doing?"
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
Me too.  Sad thing is look at all the other vids on youtube about Mariposa County that come up as related videos.  You would have to be insane to move there it's bad enough here where I am  but they would never get away with that
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »
The judge pointed out that the deputies are responsible for courtroom security, so there could conceivably have been some sort of legimate reason for the deputy to take the paper from the middle of the defense attorney's file, but I can't imagine what such a reason could possibly be.

I mean, if the defense attorney had a gun or knife or plastique in her file, that could jeopardize security, but I can't imagine how a paper from her file could have.

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
The judge pointed out that the deputies are responsible for courtroom security, so there could conceivably have been some sort of legimate reason for the deputy to take the paper from the middle of the defense attorney's file...

No, that's a clear conflict of interest that would trump security concerns. The chance that there's a security risk would be remote at best, the chance that the cop is commiting obstruction of justice is very high.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »
So you ask. If the atty says "No," you BTFO.

You do NOT go sneaking through priviledged papers and then hand them off to your fellow deputy who then (presumably) hustles off to the nearest Xerox.

Again, IMO, the atty should have said to the deputy, "Excuse me--WTF are you doing?"

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 02:27:13 AM »
He said it was handwritten, maybe he wanted to make sure it wasn't a type of paper that is prone to papercuts which thus could have been used as a weapon.  I'd like to know what the deputy said to the other deputy (the fat one) when he read the paper.

This doesn't surprise me coming from Maricopa County AZ, I see reports constantly of legal issues with their criminal justice departments (the ACLU has a lot of issues with them).  The sheriff (Joseph Arpaio) has all kinds of legal issues with his methods.  The county prison is an outdoor tent city where prisoners have to endure no more protection from the desert heat than a fan inside the tent.  The prisoners are also required to wear pink underwear as a way to take a shot at their masculinity.  He's also been investigated for his methods of harassment and threats against anyone of Hispanic decent regardless of citizenship.  Plenty of legal tax-paying US citizens of Mexican ancestry have been harassed and detained by his deputies.

Too bad Bob Marley wasn't in Maricopa County when he shot the sheriff.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »

This doesn't surprise me coming from Maricopa County AZ, I see reports constantly of legal issues with their criminal justice departments (the ACLU has a lot of issues with them).  The sheriff (Joseph Arpaio) has all kinds of legal issues with his methods.  The county prison is an outdoor tent city where prisoners have to endure no more protection from the desert heat than a fan inside the tent.  The prisoners are also required to wear pink underwear as a way to take a shot at their masculinity.  He's also been investigated for his methods of harassment and threats against anyone of Hispanic decent regardless of citizenship.  Plenty of legal tax-paying US citizens of Mexican ancestry have been harassed and detained by his deputies.

They featured that on an episode of Lockdown. That was brutal.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
He said it was handwritten, maybe he wanted to make sure it wasn't a type of paper that is prone to papercuts which thus could have been used as a weapon.  I'd like to know what the deputy said to the other deputy (the fat one) when he read the paper.

Too bad Bob Marley wasn't in Maricopa County when he shot the sheriff.

A tent city in the summertime in Phoenix, Arizona sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Tent_City

Daytime temperatures inside the tents have been reported as high as 150 °F (65 °C) in the top bunks.