Educational

Author Topic: DOUBLE STANDARD, FANATIC MUSLIMS  (Read 611 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: DOUBLE STANDARD, FANATIC MUSLIMS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »

I think some of them mean well, and then some of them go into the army for an ego boost.  But yeah, the Iraq war is insane.

It wasn't insane.  The US hit their domestic peak oil in the early 1970's, and now 2/3rds of US oil consumption is met by imports, and domestic production is about half of what it was at it's peak, so the US is critically dependent on foreign oil supplies, and this dependence has been a powerful driving force behind the US foreign policy shift from isolationism to interventionism. 

By getting their dick wet in every middle-eastern shithole they can shove it into through force or persuasion, the US has prevented Russia and China from exerting a significant influence in that region and has gained significant leverage in trade negotiations.  Their extensive military presence and political influence in these countries will also help them to mitigate the 'Export Land' effect, where an oil exporting country very rapidly ceases exports after hitting their production peak, due to growing domestic demand that overshoots domestic production once production begins to decline. 

With Global oil production currently peaking, and well into decline at a regional level in most places, I suspect that the global political situation is going to get pretty ugly as the major players struggle to meet their energy needs.  Throw climate change into the mix and the 21st century could make the 20th look civilised by comparison.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »
Just nuke the fucking middle east, christ

:thumbup:
War crime, right there... more of a "war crime" than anything Bush, Cheney, Blair, etc. did.

War crimes, what a fucking joke of a concept that is lol.

I do agree we need to nuke the Middle East, right after Africa.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:17 AM »

I think some of them mean well, and then some of them go into the army for an ego boost.  But yeah, the Iraq war is insane.

It wasn't insane.  The US hit their domestic peak oil in the early 1970's, and now 2/3rds of US oil consumption is met by imports, and domestic production is about half of what it was at it's peak, so the US is critically dependent on foreign oil supplies, and this dependence has been a powerful driving force behind the US foreign policy shift from isolationism to interventionism. 

By getting their dick wet in every middle-eastern shithole they can shove it into through force or persuasion, the US has prevented Russia and China from exerting a significant influence in that region and has gained significant leverage in trade negotiations.  Their extensive military presence and political influence in these countries will also help them to mitigate the 'Export Land' effect, where an oil exporting country very rapidly ceases exports after hitting their production peak, due to growing domestic demand that overshoots domestic production once production begins to decline. 

With Global oil production currently peaking, and well into decline at a regional level in most places, I suspect that the global political situation is going to get pretty ugly as the major players struggle to meet their energy needs.  Throw climate change into the mix and the 21st century could make the 20th look civilised by comparison.

It was insane, that Bush said God told him to go to war

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry: