Educational

Author Topic: Thunder00t PWNS Huffington Post.  (Read 166 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Thunder00t PWNS Huffington Post.
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:11:52 PM »
For those of you who mistakenly thought that HP was a reliable source of news and information.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Thunder00t PWNS Huffington Post.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »
Unbiased news is a thing of the past; there seems to be only liberal and right wing, and most all are liberal. They're sloppy and lazy, and copy and paste from each other. Sometimes tend to view news media in general to be a poor source of information, but there's not a lot of other better choices.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:56:13 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
Unbiased news is a thing of the past; there seems to be only liberal and right wing, and most all are liberal. They're sloppy and lazy, and copy and paste from each other.

It seem to be a sad truth.  :-\

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »
Unbiased news is a thing of the past; there seems to be only liberal and right wing, and most all are liberal. They're sloppy and lazy, and copy and paste from each other. Sometimes tend to view news media in general to be a poor source of information, but there's not a lot of other better choices.

Is this true of radio news as well?  I once read some young media snob's assertion that he doesn't
   trust newspapers or TV --- "I find out what's going on in the world by listening to the radio."  :M
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:34:08 PM »
Who thought a blog that just about anyone can post to was a reliable source of news and information?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:16:16 PM »

Is this true of radio news as well?  I once read some young media snob's assertion that he doesn't
   trust newspapers or TV --- "I find out what's going on in the world by listening to the radio."  :M

The traffic reports are reliable news. :M Have never listened to a radio station dedicated to news, if they exist. Used to listen to morning talk radio on the drive to work years ago but never considered that news, rather a couple of funny DJs giving personal commentary about things in the news.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
"The statistics quoted come from the FBI   :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

I shouldn't need to explain this, but, just because facts are posted in a certain paper it doesn't mean those facts are no longer facts."
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
The trouble with places like Huffington post is three fold. Firstly they plant seeds of ideas or bias. Whilst someone may say, "They are full of shit" there may be a time what was discussed comes up and your minds says "I heard something about that somewhere"
Secondly, other similar sites like Huff Post, Gawker and such back each other and as much as the Liberal Media outlets may turn their noses up at them, they will still source places like Huff Post.
They appeal to what many people want. That is easy and simplistic ways for the everyday person to feel righteous, moral and smarter.
Tell us that Conservatives are all gun welding crazy, Feminism is just about equality for all and is good,Donald Trump is racist, sextist and wants to kill America, and so on.

These things aren't great. If only it was as simple as people collectively saying Huff Post is crap
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »
If Pappy had multiple brain cells he would have checked the sources. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry: