Educational

Author Topic: Handicap parking spaces  (Read 457 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Handicap parking spaces
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »

He does make good points and also wondered about some of the stuff he's said.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Handicap parking spaces
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »
Hmmm... Where did I hear that username of that video from? Oh, yeah...

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Amazingatheist NSFW (It's ED FFS, so duh)

lulz  :zoinks:

Anyway back on topic...

Unfortunately one fact is neglected, that is, certain vehicles that have handicap ramps need more space than regular vehicles. Most handicap spots allocate additional space to account for that.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »
Pfft!!  T.J. aka TheAmazingAtheist, is an attention whore first and foremost. I called him on some of his bullshit about a year and a half ago and he banned me for it.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:57 PM »
Pfft!!  T.J. aka TheAmazingAtheist, is an attention whore first and foremost. I called him on some of his bullshit about a year and a half ago and he banned me for it.

:laugh:

Well I tried watching another video of his to see why ED would feature him... and yep he's over-opinionated and up himself. :facepalm2:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
What a fucking ass. Here's something his "iron-clad logic" doesn't take into account. If you're in a wheelchair and your vehicle is somewhere else in the lot, how many people do you think driving their huge ass SUV's will see you wheeling yourself in, when you're sitting in a wheelchair? You're not as high as someone who is walking and they can't always see you from their rear view mirror. I used to BE in a wheelchair, and I've had to get myself from somewhere else in the fucking lot up to the building I wanted to go to and I can't tell you how many times I was nearly hit because people couldn't see me. When you're in the spaces nearest the front, you don't have to encounter wheeling yourself behind so many vehicles. Yes my wheelchair worked just as well in the parking lot as it did in the mall, but if someone bumps into me in the mall, it won't kill me. Can't say the same for a vehicle. ::)

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »
Oh, but you should know that anyone who proclaims such 'ironclad logic' before they even present their argument is totally full of shit usually. :laugh:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 11:56:29 PM »
Seriously. I've never heard that guy before but after the first 10 words out of his mouth I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a fork. His voice is like nails down a chalkboard for me. His ridiculous ideas that he calls flawless are another rant entirely. If he was the last man on earth and God said i had to sleep with him or he'd take away my power to have an orgasm, I'd tell him to go to hell. I really don't like that guy. Hmm...I guess I made my point here. carry on. :laugh:

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:47:04 AM »
"I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces, I am an asshole" - Dennis Leary

TJ is a big proponent of self-aggrandizement, what bullshit in specific did you call him on?

Scrapheap

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
"I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces, I am an asshole" - Dennis Leary

TJ is a big proponent of self-aggrandizement, what bullshit in specific did you call him on?

His video attacking atheists who were fans of DonExodus2. DE2 is an evolutionary biologist who happens to be a christian.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »

Just another no talent shithead saying things to get a reaction. He  doesn't even believe the shit coming out of his own mouth.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »
Just looking at him, I can hear his voice and my anxiety gets high. Hate the sound of his voice.  :thumbdn:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »
This jerk needs to have an accident and be on crutches or in a wheelchair for a few months.  When every step hurts, he will quickly learn the value of having handicapped parking spaces available for the people who need them.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 01:49:34 AM »
I bet this guy got a boner from watching Penn and Teller's Bullshit!.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:42:46 AM »
He does seem the ass :laugh:

As far as the parking spaces go I think sometimes they are a bit excessive in number and strange in placement
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw